View Poll Results: Is it a civil rights movement?

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • Yes

9 15.25%
  • No

50 84.75%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I'm racist for saying that white people systematically and brutally exterminated and enslaved millions of people, historically and they are subsequently shit for doing so?

Man, those mental gymnastics. I frankly hope I get banned for it then. It would be an interesting abuse of moderator power. But I guess no less interesting than Godaddy or when you get banned, I guess.
    Yeah, actually, you are racist if you say that. The same way I would be racist if I say that all black people are criminals because statistics suggest a trend. There really aren't any mental gymnastics needed here.

Looks like you've taken a liking to the Antifa side of things, though, so I don't know why I'm bothering to use logic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah, actually, you are racist if you say that. The same way I would be racist if I say that all black people are criminals because statistics suggest a trend. There really aren't any mental gymnastics needed here.

Looks like you've taken a liking to the Antifa side of things, though, so I don't know why I'm bothering to use logic here.
    Yeah, why are we arguing with a racist? Seems like a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I had to do was say some white people? That makes it suddenly better for white people?

It doesn't. Some white people fought to end that tyranny. But white people in general put up with genocide while it was happening and as a white person, it's pretty damn offensive.
    Nothing good can come from "[X race] in general [Y]". That is, in fact, the anatomy of a racist statement.

Genocides have been happening all over the world and have been committed by all sorts of people. If you're arguing that white people are responsible, as a collective group, for everything wrong in the world, perhaps you should look back further than the past 200-300 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The thing is we already have civil rights so calling that makes no sense anyway.

Lol, put up with. The masses were uneducated and under rule so most people couldn't do a thing about it anyway.
    To be correct, the masses in Germany actually had little to no idea the true nature of their government, I could agree with you their. (Even after the blatant and obvious truth had been revealed to their people, but never mind that.)

But the extermination of the Native American peoples? That was due to lack of education? I think you mean that was due to greed and Andrew Jackson.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Neo nazis are counter civil rights. I mean they can form a political party and they are reasonably protected because its a private organization running at the political level but they are not a civil rights movement. Civil rights mean equality for all no discrimination on the basis of race, belief, sexual preference and gender equality.
    Indeed. Sadly, more people than not these days are not in favors of racial or gender equality, on all sides of the political spectrum.

I'm judging an entire race on their previous actions, not because they have a certain skin color or because they were born somewhere. But again, I'm engaging in Tijuana mental gymnastics.

Next you're going to tell me white people transcend race.
    I suppose you should let all those of African descent know that they're shit too, since their tribal ancestors actively helped slavers capture people from other tribes. Also the Chinese, since they enslaved their own people for thousands of years. Or damn near any ethnic group in the history of the planet.

The alternative is you could stop judging people by the color of their skin for the sins of their ancestors, considering that kind of judgement is exactly what racists do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm racist for saying that white people systematically and brutally exterminated and enslaved millions of people, historically and they are subsequently shit for doing so?

Man, those mental gymnastics. I frankly hope I get banned for it then. It would be an interesting abuse of moderator power. But I guess no less interesting than Godaddy or when you get banned, I guess.
    Before heading to bed, I have to agree with you and disagree with you.

What you described, has been done by EVERY single race in history.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    To be correct, the masses in Germany actually had little to no idea the true nature of their government, I could agree with you their. (Even after the blatant and obvious truth had been revealed to their people, but never mind that.)

But the extermination of the Native American peoples? That was due to lack of education? I think you mean that was due to greed and Andrew Jackson.
    That was some white people who did that. Probably not even a hundredth of the population of white people in england at the time. Don't lump us into that because it isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    It is a Civil Rights movement, because within 30 years White people will be the minority in North America

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...-minority.html

The nation’s demographics are on a clear trajectory: White people are dying faster than they are being born, which means they are on target
    to become a minority in the United States in 30 years.

For the third year in a row, deaths of non-Hispanic whites outnumbered births, according to detailed population estimates for states and counties released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau.

“This is without historical precedent,” said Kenneth Johnson, the senior demographer at the University of New Hampshire’s Carsey School of Public Policy. “The minority population is growing, and the non-Hispanic white population is not.”

Whites currently account for 62 percent of the population but 78 percent of deaths, according to Johnson’s analysis.

Their median age — half are older and half younger — has hit an all-time high of 43, said William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution. For the first time, whites are in the minority among children under the age of 5.

“Since 2010, the overall under age 20 population is declining, while working ages and especially seniors are growing,” Frey said.

White populations under 20 declined in 46 states — in all but Hawaii, Utah, South Dakota, North Dakota and the District of Columbia.
    Is that what they consider to be " White Genocide"??

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    BLM isn't the same. They're a minority group which has been treated unfairly. There is an immense amount of high quality literature to support this. Not the same with neo nazis.
    Except the fact that since around 1970 that group has had legal protection and preferential status on all hiring, college admission, and loan requests simply because of their ethnicity in order to level the playing field. At one point in time they were treated very badly, now they are treated the same as or in some instances better than other groups.

Neither of these movements is anything more than bunch of hooligans looking for an excuse to riot and commit acts of violence on others because of their ethnicity. Both groups need to go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You lumping huge swaths of the global population in to one group, even though they have nothing to do with each other. Most of them don't even speak the same language, or share similar culture.

Your prior statement is racist. That is a plain fact.

I won't be making any sweeping statements about any race in the future, as you envision. I'm not a racist. So I don't do that.
    I'm also dumping myself into that. That's the problem with your logic. My statement is only racist if I was non-white. That's the problem with your and Quetzl's train of logic in general, because white people immediately take self-criticism as an attack.

I don't envision anything. I've seen you blatantly statistically lump people of different demographics before, but it's good you won't be making wildly racist comments in the future.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I guess technically in the same twisted way BLM is. In both cases there is an imaginary list of grievances that gets blamed solely on people of a different skin color.
    Just to play Devil's Advocate........it's imaginary that there are educators and media personalities saying "If you're white you're a racist"?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also dumping myself into that. That's the problem with your logic. My statement is only racist if I was non-white. That's the problem with your and Quetzl's train of logic in general, because white people immediately take self-criticism as an attack.

I don't envision anything. I've seen you blatantly statistically lump people of different demographics before, but it's good you won't be making wildly racist comments in the future.
    No, you can be racist if you belong to the race in question. It's a pathetic degree of self loathing, but totally doable as you have demonstrated.

Criticize the actions of individuals. When you criticize the actions of a race, you condemn innocents. Is that justice? More importantly, is that helpful? Because when innocents are condemned for things they had no part in, they're not likely to support your ideals.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2017-08-22 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was some white people who did that. Probably not even a hundredth of the population of white people in england at the time. Don't lump us into that because it isn't fair.
    In England? I don't think you even know what you're talking about, historically.

And no. The US army systematically annihilated the savage native american presence throughout the early 1800s to make railways and keep supply caravans "safe". That was state sanctioned genocide with very few "white people" against it at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No, you can be racist if you belong to the race in question. It's a pathetic degree of self loathing, but totally doable as you have demonstrated.

Criticize the actions of individuals. When you criticize the actions of a race, you condemn innocents. Is that justice?
    So I can be racist against my own race now? Man, the right will adopt any talking point of the left as long as it suits their needs.

What makes you think matters of race are detached from matters of the individual? A person justifies their entire existence on who they are and that starts with culture and race. Of course, it doesn't end there, obviously. I never said there weren't white people that rose up against imperialistic and systematic racism. Those are the heroes of history, frankly. But again, historically, those people would agree with me (and did at the time.)

Your disagreement stems from simply wanting to squash an argument you can't win over the internet. *Shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    In England? I don't think you even know what you're talking about, historically.

And no. The US army systematically annihilated the savage native american presence throughout the early 1800s to make railways and keep supply caravans "safe". That was state sanctioned genocide with very few "white people" against it at the time.
    Indeed. And other nations have committed similar genocides. The Zulus, the Mongols, the Ottomans, the Vietnamese, the Chinese, the Algerians, the Rwandans, and the Maori, to name a few. Are white people responsible for these too?

15+ Year Old Account
    with very few "white people" against it at the time.
    That's nice and all, but still not a very large number compared to how many white people there were throughout history. Again, SOME. I don't need your generalizations for stuff my family hasn't done for AT LEAST 4 generations.

White-lives-matter (nazi stuff) is no different than black lives matter.
    Both are extremely uncivilized in behavior, lacking basic manners and are often violent.

Perhaps white-lives-matter are even slightly more understandable since right now there is a lot of anti-white and anti-male mentality on internet, tv and general media.

On the other side there has never been a better time in the past 2000 years to be a black person or a woman, but that does not mean they dont encounter racial/sexist problems in todays age.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I can be racist against my own race now? Man, the right will adopt any talking point of the left as long as it suits their needs.
    Really? You think I'm right wing? No, not at all. You're very wrong in fact. I consider myself a radical progressive. At least, I used to, before people starting spouting your kind of drivel. So maybe I'm not radical anymore, just progressive. In any case, I'm not an idiot, and that's the defining factor here.

What makes you think matters of race are detached from matters of the individual? A person justifies their entire existence on who they are and that starts with culture and race. Of course, it doesn't end there, obviously. I never said there weren't white people that rose up against imperialistic and systematic racism. Those are the heroes of history, frankly. But again, historically, those people would agree with me (and did at the time.)

Your disagreement stems from simply wanting to squash an argument you can't win over the internet. *Shrugs*
    Ah, so now you're arguing that race is inherently connected with individual behavior and development, and conflating race and culture.

Do you know what you really just did though? You just justified racism. Is that really what you want to do? Because that's a double-edged sword with no handle.

The only reason I won't win this argument is because you don't give a fuck about logic. And I recognize that. But I still want to give you something to think about, because, from one liberal to another, you're wrong here. This is not the solution to the race problems we have in America. The more we focus on race, the more divided we will become. And then, ultimately, people will justify these divisions with frightening arguments like the one you just made.

this exactly here ppl wanna hold people guilty for the actions of their ancestors which is fuckin retarded WE ARE NOT GUILTY FOR THE ACTIONS OF OUR ANCESTORS js
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    It is a Civil Rights movement, because within 30 years White people will be the minority in North America

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...-minority.html

The nation’s demographics are on a clear trajectory: White people are dying faster than they are being born, which means they are on target
    to become a minority in the United States in 30 years.

For the third year in a row, deaths of non-Hispanic whites outnumbered births, according to detailed population estimates for states and counties released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau.

“This is without historical precedent,” said Kenneth Johnson, the senior demographer at the University of New Hampshire’s Carsey School of Public Policy. “The minority population is growing, and the non-Hispanic white population is not.”

Whites currently account for 62 percent of the population but 78 percent of deaths, according to Johnson’s analysis.

Their median age — half are older and half younger — has hit an all-time high of 43, said William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution. For the first time, whites are in the minority among children under the age of 5.

“Since 2010, the overall under age 20 population is declining, while working ages and especially seniors are growing,” Frey said.

White populations under 20 declined in 46 states — in all but Hawaii, Utah, South Dakota, North Dakota and the District of Columbia.
    That doesn't make it a civil rights movement, it just means people want to feel like victims. Simply being a minority does not mean it's a civil rights issue.