Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Stop shifting blame, she said the president should be assassinated and no one in her party even cares.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is not about Trump, stop shifting blame, talk about the women who wants the president assassinated.

If we are going to have all this faux outrage about this woman we need some real outrage about trump colluding with a foreign power to tear down people within his own country which is borderline fucking treason and has called for police to rough up citizens and has shown admiration for fucking dictators.

Literally I hear so often from the right "but Hillary" well Hillary isn't in office... Trump is... This woman said something stupid...; however, trump has said and done way more stupid and damaging shit yet his constituents still are behind his dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is great news, there is freedom of speech but that doesn't mean you can make threats. We should be able to voice our negative opinions of politicians without threatening them with violence.
    Are you serious yes she openly fucking advocated assassinating Trump what exactly is the fucking point, I think most on the left probably fucking understand why their Independent VOTER!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's a bit shocking that this woman is not being compelled by the Democrat party to resign. It shows you the true morals of the self described morally superior Left.
    What the fuck are you on about? Both sides are asking for her resignation, they can't vote on removing her from office because they are not in session. If only you did an ounce of research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If we are going to have all this faux outrage about this woman we need some real outrage about trump colluding with a foreign power to tear down people within his own country which is borderline fucking treason and has called for police to rough up citizens and has shown admiration for fucking dictators.

Literally I hear so often from the right "but Hillary" well Hillary isn't in office... Trump is... This woman said something stupid...; however, trump has said and done way more stupid and damaging shit yet his constituents still are behind his dumbass.
    This is all the right has anymore - distraction with hand-waving. At this point, we're all in agreement - she was wrong. Apology done. Possibly forced/volunteer resignation. Over and done with.

On the other hand, we have everything Trump has done and is doing, still hand-waved and apologized for by the right. Combined with blame shifting on small change shit like this senator's actions. This is how low the GOP has fallen. And they still have so very much farther to fall.

Oh, and in before "are you saying that calling for the assassination . . . blah blah blah".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    What the fuck are you on about? Both sides are asking for her resignation, they can't vote on removing her from office because they are not in session. If only you did an ounce of research.
    I see what you did there . . . /applaud. Also, good point - people need to read before they comment.

15+ Year Old Account

While I agree, implying your side should be allowed to be morally reprehensible because the other guys are isn't a very impressive position, it just justifies both sides acting poorly.

7+ Year Old Account
    As it should be. She went way overboard. Buh-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    While I agree, implying your side should be allowed to be morally reprehensible because the other guys are isn't a very impressive position, it just justifies both sides acting poorly.
    I didn't imply that shit.

I said the outraged over this is fake... manufactured... and totally over the top coming from the right when they have a president who worked with Russians who literally attacked our country with hacks and used leaks to smear a person who was running against one presidential candidate. Which is all super illegal and reprehensible.

I want to know why the right seem more concerned about this basically nobody woman, than the very serious very real threats concerning trump. The guy can't even denounce kkk and nazis.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    But it also serves to outline the responding behavior of both sides. In this case, we have someone who apologized for what they did, and will more than likely be punished further. On the other side we have someone with similarly reprehensible behavior getting elected and continuing on.

That's the greater, and larger point.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Stop shifting blame, she said the president should be assassinated and no one in her party even cares.
    Isn't that how it works though? "But her emails"?!

She's a state senator in Missouri, that's small fry, outside of Missouri it shouldn't even be a story.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    She was wrong, and she apologized. Done and done. Shouldn't even be a story any more. I wish we could see more of this from the GOP side.
    What do you think would have happened to a GOP Senator from any state that said "Assassinate Obama."

I'm sure you would have gladly accepted the apology and dropped the issue completely.

Right?

End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    He doesn't need to be assassinated, just impeached.
    I don't think you know what impeachment means..... I think you'll be disappointed.
    Here's a hint:There have been two Presidents that have been impeached. Johnson in 1868 and Clinton in 1998.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    What do you think would have happened to a GOP Senator from any state that said "Assassinate Obama."

I'm sure you would have gladly accepted the apology and dropped the issue completely.

Right?

End of discussion.
    Yeah, I'm having trouble with that scenario - if you read above you would have seen that, lol. I would like to think that I would feel the same way, probably more outraged, but apologizing and admitting an error goes a long ways with me.

Your point is valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not shocking at all - it's also not shocking that you would post something like this. She apologized when she was wrong. What's further not shocking is that we don't see this behavior from the GOP.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean people who make mistakes, own up to them, and apologize? Hopefully pretty easily. Moral behavior is key - but owning up to your mistakes, admitting to them, and then learning from them are exactly the kind of people we want in public office.

Sure wish the GOP could do it.
    GOP, GOP, GOP... lets see if you can work that in again.

No person, ESPECIALLY someone holding office should even joke about killing an elected official just because you don't get along with them, or disagree with them politically, and no an apology is NOT sufficient.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threat..._United_States

"I'm not about to do it, but if anyone out there is a little unhinged... I'll support you."

Irresponsible doesn't even begin to describe it. Elected officials should be held to higher standards. There are people out there (those that vote them into power) that worship the ground they walk on, and would do anything for them. Political fanatics.

She fucked up and should expect consequences, but thread title is bad - she did not "urge" anything. If she had, she wouldn't be walking around free right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    lol, the mental gymnastics
    How is that mental gymnastics? Freedoms until they bump up against or infringe on another person's freedoms.

You can't threaten someone else's life. Period.

Do people really not know this?

I want to know why the right seem more concerned about this basically nobody woman, than the very serious very real threats concerning trump. The guy can't even denounce kkk and nazis.
    Because they're biased, just like the left, and he can and did denounce the KKK and nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    But it also serves to outline the responding behavior of both sides. In this case, we have someone who apologized for what they did, and will more than likely be punished further. On the other side we have someone with similarly reprehensible behavior getting elected and continuing on.

That's the greater, and larger point.
    Oh, absolutely. It's good to see her apologizing and facing consequences. Admitting the mistake and dealing with it is the right course of action, deflecting is not. Going "this doesn't matter, you're bad for caring about this, you guys do it too!" is the approach that the worst of both sides are using.

She was wrong, and she apologized. Done and done. Shouldn't even be a story any more. I wish we could see more of this from the GOP side.
    Well the GOP isn't going around calling for the assassination of Democrats, so yeah....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if it helps, she's not a U.S. Senator. Facts are fun. And people say idiotic things all the time. Passion gets the best of us in the worst ways. She was wrong to do it. She was right to apologize. She may still lose her job, too, as people are still calling for her resignation (from the left).

I do need to offer a point of intellectual honesty (and I hesitate to do so as I see this specific behavior as a weakness of the left). I'm curious what my reaction would be if the parties were reversed. If this were a white male calling for the assassination of, say, Hillary. Not really happy with this line of thinking . . . .

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. I'm not sure today's political environment is the best place to discuss what is appropriate to say. However, she certainly crossed the line, no argument there.
    There's a certain decorum that one should keep, and professionalism.