Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    People want consistency.

Most don't even complain about realism, they complain about ravens, dragons, and Gendry's flying at the speed of light because its silly.

That one Night's Watch recruiter in season one said The Wall was a thousand leagues from King's Landing... Dragonstone is essentially the same latitude as King's Landing... So it is about the same thousand leagues from The Wall...

So the show portrayed Gendry running (at least) dozens of miles, a raven flying 3500+ miles, then dragon lady flying back another 3500+ miles... In one night. That's silly. Its beyond silly...
    But bro, the show has DRAGONS and ZOMBIES!!! Why do you have to be consistent with established rules in said universe when theres magic!!!

You should just be able to have characters move around and meet and or turn up and save whoever they like. Who cares if theres no time to get on a horse and die 2seconds later the show has MAGIC!! Littlefinger can fly didnt you know and Gendry is faster than usain bolt and doesnt need energy to run he can just run forever because magic is in the show and hes a baratheon. Yeah the show didnt need to show that, you should just know
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-08-22 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    You did the math or people on reddit did the math coz this has been posted days ago (only more detailed) lol, also facepalm.
    I don't browse Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Because i'm sick of people complaining about realism in a show that has barely ever had any.

It had realistic characters, thats the most it could ever claim and even they've gone now.
    And I suppose water in Westeros isn't wet, because fuck realism. Oh, well, at least the incorrect "hurr durr, suspension of disbelief can't be broken in a fantasy" is a breath of fresh air from the usual sycophancy of arguing how any and all things are actually totes legit plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account

If the NK cant cross the wall while its standing, doesent matter if he only moved 1 cm this entire time lol. Thats hardly an argument about anything.

The show definitely makes use of impossible fast travel. It started to do so in season 6, and has gotten worse and worse this season, blowing up in this episode. I don't begrudge people who like the show, but even a lot of non-book-readers feel like the pace and focus this season is so high and so different that it's not even the same show. It's fanfiction that relies on people liking it based on fulfillment and having already grown attached to the characters.

I'm contemplating quitting the show (I'll know what happens even if I don't watch it anyway) after last episode, it bugged me that much.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-08-22 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It's fanfiction that relies on people liking it based on fulfillment and having already grown attached to the characters.
    Quoted for truth. Don't believe me, then rewatch the episode without the "shock and awe" of seeing it for the first time and look at the episode more objectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Only one episode has been good this season and that was the spoils of war. And not just because of the dragon/dothraki battle but the entire episode was well made without needless filler and fanservice. Had an arc with bronn and the battle was from the POV of Jamie, was good TV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think it was miraculous. If you remember, Benjen knew to show up when Bran needed him, saying the "Three-Eyed Raven sent for him". Meera then tells him the Three-Eyed Raven is dead, to which Uncle Ben replies that Bran is now the Three-Eyed Raven. Presumably Bran sent for him, even if he didn't know he was doing it.

Same could apply with Jon. We know Bran can see past, present and future events, so he could have sent Benjen to help Jon.
    supposition and backfilling to excuse lazy writing.

Also the show has a lot less "winter" than the books had in A Dance with Dragons, and the very last thing that happens in that book is it becoming officially winter. At the end of the book, there's snow at King's Landing. Currently in the show, Winterfell has about the amount of winter I would expect in King's Landing.

That episode still had problems with only brining one dragon. Also she could have done a few more runs before having dothraki charge in. Also the dothraki just standing around letting bronn and jaime attack their queen freely

I don't begrudge people who like the show, but even a lot of non-book-readers feel like the pace and focus this season is so high and so different that it's not even the same show.

I'm contemplating quitting the show (I'll know what happens even if I don't watch it anyway) after last episode, it bugged me that much.
    That's the magical number.
    7 episodes to go in the entire series, with 1 of those already being filmed.
    There just isn't enough time left to have a character travel for 2-3 episodes anymore 'to make it realistic'.
    Does it feel rushed? Yeah, kinda.
    If there where 12 more seasons to go i'd complain just like the rest of you but i rather have story progression in the few hours of GoT that are left then "realism".
    The Arya-Bravos arc was stretched way to long according to most viewers yet the fast travel pace now is meeting an even higher resistance.
    I want the story to progress to an ending, now that ending itself obviously can be a huge debate and it definitely will (No more Sopranos type ending please) but there is so much more stuff to fit in those few remaining episodes we have to allow em to cut a meaningless corner or 2 along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    That's the magical number.
    7 episodes to go in the entire series, with 1 of those already being filmed.
    There just isn't enough time left to have a character travel for 2-3 episodes anymore 'to make it realistic'.
    Does it feel rushed? Yeah, kinda.
    If there where 12 more seasons to go i'd complain just like the rest of you but i rather have story progression in the few hours of GoT that are left then "realism".
    The Arya-Bravos arc was stretched way to long according to most viewers yet the fast travel pace now is meeting an even higher resistance.
    I want the story to progress to an ending, now that ending itself obviously can be a huge debate and it definitely will (No more Sopranos type ending please) but there is so much more stuff to fit in those few remaining episodes we have to allow em to cut a meaningless corner or 2 along the way.
    The showrunners decided themselves to make the last seasons shorter and tighter. Either way, it doesn't change what they are and what they feel like. If the entire show was like this, it would be more acceptable, but when it's cobbled together with the first four seasons, it just stands out.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-08-22 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Exactly...
    The wildlings were hunters and scouts, they say this in ep 5 they wouldnt be with the party the entire time...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't know why people keep using this argument. It's completely nonsensical.
    Asoiaf ravens are fantasy ravens tho, who are faster than their real life counter parts, as per books.

Deleted
    Time still passes the same for everyone.
    You never heard of relativity did you, otherwise you wouldnt claim that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    It's a different show now than when it started
    But its not. People are annoyed because they are retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    But Jon didnt had to carry the chains around!

- - - Updated - - -

The showrunners decided themselves to make the last seasons shorter and tighter. Either way, it doesn't change what they are and what they feel like. If the entire show was like this, it would be more acceptable, but when it's cobbled together with the first four seasons, it just stands out.
    Sorry its notz different now then the first seasons (LF Jetpacks want a word with you good sir!)

LOL the magnitude of overreacting and overdramatizing has reached a new level.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dudes please, it wont change anything and while I understand forums are meant for discussions, this point (travel times) has been talked to death. The horse is dead, let it rot.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, shorter seasons while taking much longer to produce the show. Next season will be even shorter and will take even more time to produce. So the fact that something is shorter doesnt mean it lazy and rushed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also the show has a lot less "winter" than the books had in A Dance with Dragons, and the very last thing that happens in that book is it becoming officially winter. At the end of the book, there's snow at King's Landing. Currently in the show, Winterfell has about the amount of winter I would expect in King's Landing.
    oh your about to find out

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    If the NK cant cross the wall while its standing, doesent matter if he only moved 1 cm this entire time lol. Thats hardly an argument about anything.
    Yeah I don't mind that part, I think the White Walkers are trapped on the other side of the Wall anyway, so that's not a problem. In fact, by delivering an undead dragon to the Night's King our heroes probably just gave him exactly what he needed to topple the structure. It does beg the question of why the characters don't ask themselves that question in-universe but that's hardly a big deal.

That said, the fast travel and breath-neck pacing is still stupid and extremely jarring. The pace quickening is one thing, but we went from a jog to Mach 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You could say that they move... glacially

huehuehue
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote from the director on the "hazy timeline" in the latest episode..

"“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”"

Basically political talk for too bad we had to do it, suck it.

hope they dont forget Gendry's epic helm
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I suppose with the speed that some characters move around at, you might be right.
    Doesnt have to be right but its acceptable.