Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Saw an interesting review. I may give it a shot
    Haha, Warframe was never trash to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Saw an interesting review. I may give it a shot
    I basically refer to it as what destiny wishes it was

Deleted
    This is my life now pls send help and mutagen samples

Question for you folks, which I might just be able to answer myself for the most part.

I now have a PS4. I liked warframe but kinda hated the "new" movement system on keyboard. I thought about trying it on PS4. Is this a worse or better experience, which I know is subjective but I want to hear opinions? I bought a few frames on PC and spent maybe 30 dollars on it. I was thinking about getting back into warframe but it seemed like I could never find players to do stuff. Does PC have more players than PS4? Which do you recommend (aside from master-race nonsense)?

Thus far on PC, I've never had any real issues finding players to do stuff with. Though I'm not yet at the very end of the game yet, so I can't really comment there, finding a group for pretty much anything has never taken more than 2 minutes for a full 4 person group.

As for which I'd recommend, I've always liked having a mouse for shooters. Mostly because I'm very familiar with it, I've had that much practice now that I can nail headshots consistently even during fast movement games like Unreal Tournament and Quake offered back in the day. Killing Grineer with Warframes slow mo fall is easy peasy, and is why I gravitate towards weapons that fire dead center down the crosshair.

If your problem with the PC version ends at using the keyboard, I believe you can connect a PS4 controller to your PC without too much hassle. Just putting it out there, it might be something you want to experiment with .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Question for you folks, which I might just be able to answer myself for the most part.

I now have a PS4. I liked warframe but kinda hated the "new" movement system on keyboard. I thought about trying it on PS4. Is this a worse or better experience, which I know is subjective but I want to hear opinions? I bought a few frames on PC and spent maybe 30 dollars on it. I was thinking about getting back into warframe but it seemed like I could never find players to do stuff. Does PC have more players than PS4? Which do you recommend (aside from master-race nonsense)?
    Ps4 I find has more people doing low level stuff.

As for movement you CAN use a 360/xbone controller with pc ya know (i play both),

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Thus far on PC, I've never had any real issues finding players to do stuff with. Though I'm not yet at the very end of the game yet, so I can't really comment there, finding a group for pretty much anything has never taken more than 2 minutes for a full 4 person group.

As for which I'd recommend, I've always liked having a mouse for shooters. Mostly because I'm very familiar with it, I've had that much practice now that I can nail headshots consistently even during fast movement games like Unreal Tournament and Quake offered back in the day. Killing Grineer with Warframes slow mo fall is easy peasy, and is why I gravitate towards weapons that fire dead center down the crosshair.

If your problem with the PC version ends at using the keyboard, I believe you can connect a PS4 controller to your PC without too much hassle. Just putting it out there, it might be something you want to experiment with .
    Sadly ps4 controller doesn't work with it

I've been playing Plains of Eidolon for the past couple weeks. TL;DR:

It's a grindfest ATM; all of the syndicate items (read: everything sold in Cetus) costs an outrageous amount of reputation and PoE resources you have to farm. Two weeks in, and I have yet to even be able to complete a crafted weapon. Nevermind the fact the operator weapons are astronomically time expensive (there require rare drops from a world superboss who only spawns every two hours, requires a team of four to kill, and who you might not even be able to down in it's 50 minute time window...). At this point, you mind as well either drop cash up front or just wait for the economy to be reworked (fortunately DE has said that they are redrawing the economy, so good news there!).

That said, PoE is the most fun I've had with Warframe since TSD came out. Spear fishing is addictive, and being able to freely traverse the map and play through a string of missions uninterrupted is a breath of fresh air. Again, my only gripe are the rewards. Just have to wait a bit!

Ok, i just grabbed this game last week. The amount of stuff thrown at me is astounding, but if i got it right:
    - i should craft/equip as many different thing as possible to level up Mastery
    - i should go and unlock the planets fist of all without worrying much about the rest

Anyway, some tips for a new player? Would really like to know if i'm doing well and basically what traps to avoid.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying Plains a lot but it went live with a mountain of bugs. From things like the Zaws rejecting your stance mods to the group/server disconnects when leaving/returning to Cetus, this patch feels like it needed another 2+ months of development.

And yeah the way everything there is gated behind rep and blueprints is just... hugely obnoxious. I'm seriously sick of the "Stranger we need your help! We have things that could aid you in the process of helping us, but you can't buy them until you prove yourself over and over!" shtick with games.

I will say though: fishing is fun (like, hella fun) and the zone itself is stunningly gorgeous. Seriously, I'm constantly in a state of "wow...." at the visuals of Plains. Cetus has a great sense of feeling 'lived in' which is something a lot of developers can't pull off for whatever reason.

And Gara (the new 'glassframe') is one of the best new frames they've added - she has some amazing abilities.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i just grabbed this game last week. The amount of stuff thrown at me is astounding, but if i got it right:
    - i should go and unlock the planets fist of all without worrying much about the rest

Anyway, some tips for a new player? Would really like to know if i'm doing well and basically what traps to avoid.
    Yes, leveling up equipment is how you advance in this game. Also, each time you clear a mission node for the first time, you unlock the adjacent nodes AND get MR exp, so go ahead and continue clearing.

First off, get to MR 5 as quickly as possible and join a syndicate (aka, Warframe's reputation factions, located at the relays). Since each syndicate is either an ally or an enemy of another syndicate, you can only join up to three (all three on the left side of the relay - New Loka, Red Veil, Pernin Sequence - or all three on the right side - Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Steel Meridian). Equip the sigil of the syndicate you want to get rep with, and you will gain rep while playing. You can get more rep by playing the syndicate missions (a new tab will appear on your Star Chart mission select screen). I also recommend you join Cephalon Simaris' syndicate (which is not apart of the faction war) on the second floor of the relays for his stuff too.

Second, I'm going to assume that you still are using one of the three starter frames. You will want to go farm the Jackal boss on Venus for Rhino parts, and assemble Rhino. Rhino is one of the tankiest 'frames ingame and very easy to understand and use.

Get a companion ASAP. Either build and equip the Taxon you get from finishing Venus, or do the Howl of the Kubrow quest, get an egg from Kubrow dens on Earth, and breed a Kubrow to fight with. Kubrows/Kavats are better than sentinels (and have far more utility), but they require maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I wonder can you even consider giving Warframe a try without going fully in and totally reading stuff about the game? I watched Totalbiscuit's video of the game's newest expansion and he was making a statement that reading a wiki is required as the game has so many systems piled on each other and no ingame guiding the player whatsoever. But then again, how deep in the game can you progress in a week or two, the game should have a ton of content though.

I kind of need something to pass time until Blizzcon..
    It's not so much that there's so much stuff that you have to read the wiki, but rather that Warframe handles it's systems unconventionally from other MMOs and dungeon crawlers. You can just hop in from Diablo or Borderlands and expect to level up by killing enemies, or that grinding for gear is how you reach endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm enjoying Plains a lot but it went live with a mountain of bugs. From things like the Zaws rejecting your stance mods to the group/server disconnects when leaving/returning to Cetus, this patch feels like it needed another 2+ months of development.
    It feels like DE was in a rush to get PoE out before Destiny 2 for PC launched. Disappointing, but I don't blame them. On the bright side, the sheer amount of patches we've gotten for PoE (thanks to the influx of feedback) has been incredible. At this point, the only major concern is the economy rework.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just fishing at nights in my Halloween costume.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Yes, you should craft as many weapons as possible to get your MR up. Most of the better weapons are gated behind MR ranks, so the higher it is the better really. You won't need to keep everything you level, but I do try to always be leveling at least one piece of equipment at a time. Don't restrict it to just weapons either, there are plenty of pets, Warframes and Archwings you can level for extra MR too.

As for unlocking planets, it's really up to you. You can make a bee line for Eris and Sedna if you wish, or you can spend your time doing Excavations, Spy missions and so on for the mods. Unlocking all the nodes on a planet will unlock Nightmare Missions, which are more difficult versions of normal missions with a special penalty, which also offer you Rare mods for completing them. You want to do both eventually anyway, so it doesn't really matter too much what the order is.

For potential noob traps... Spend your starting Plat on some Slots for your future Warframes. And consult Warframe Market before buying and selling anything, just to make sure you're not getting a bad deal. Also double check the Wiki before vendoring a weapon - Sometimes other weapons require them as part of their blueprint.

Argon Crystals decay over time. If you get some, try use them ASAP. They'll disapear after 7 hours logged in, and will decay by half every day. Even if you're not going to use the item immediately, it's better than letting the crystals go to waste.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Don't let it all overwhelm you and don't listen to people who tell you to rush to a specific MR or something. Just do the quests, they will lead you all across the map, introduce you to new frames and activities.

You are doing well as long as you are progressing on the map and in the quests. If you are stuck, rethink, go level your gear more to install more mods.
    Don't hesitate to go OPEN group on a mission (especially Interception ones, you will solo them later but for a new player it's hard to solo).

Treat it as a game that is not about the end, but about the journey. Even though there's end game (fashionframe, huehuhe, or dare I say fishingframe) don't rush there.

As you acquire more weapons you will find the ones that you like most, just use them don't try to figure out if they are THE BEST. This is not destiny. Choose the ones you LIKE. Every weapon is viable, because it's all about mods (most of the time). There are very few OP weapons and that only counts in end game.

Now some specific DO NOT MISS things:
    1. Look out for Alerts (on the first panel you see when you login after login rewards), if they are offering Mods (as a reward you see a word or two words not in CAPS) - if you can do it - do it. You will get that mod. If you are unsure if you own that mod - use codex to find it using search. if it's in the codex- you have it. But some mods are wortt having several copies of, so... Just be aware that sometimes these missions are in nightmare mode (negative affixes), so check them out before venturing in. To unlock more alerts, unlock more of the map.
    2. Alerts again - if you see NITAIN EXTRACT and you can do the mission - DO IT. You basically can get this resource only from Alerts, 4 a day. You cannot buy it with money, even. And it's very needed resource for building warframes and weapons.
    3. Don't bother with Argon Crystals alerts unless you can use them same day. They decay in your inventory.
    4. Login rewards - login every day and collect. IF you end up liking the game and playing it for a long time you will get some lewt from them later.
    5. If you like the game and want to support the devs by buying platinum (who knows) daily login rewards can drop discounts up to 75%. Another reason to login every day.
    6. You can buy all the other weapons that were offered in the intro mission, using credits in the market! So you can still try them for cheaps. And it's mastery fodder as we call them.
    7. Codex shows where stuff drops (mods), if you discovered any sources that is. But you can also use wiki.
    8. After you do the Kubrow quest, you will get a kubrow pet. For a new player I recommend to never mature it and just leave it as a pet on your ship (it's cute), use a sentinel instead. Kubrows (and Kavats) are high maintenance companions, especially for a non-paying player. If you mature it as a new player and fail to attend to it it will die. There are ways to prevent it but not for a new player, well unless platinum.
    9. After you do the Archwing quest - I recommend to not skip the archwing leveling. They will be required later and there's nothing worse than going into a high level mission in a low level archwing. You will have to level it.
    10. Basic weapon damage tip: impact vs Corpus, puncture vs grineer, slash vs infestation. For advanced go wiki.

Ask for help in chat, you'd be surprised.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yes, leveling up equipment is how you advance in this game. Also, each time you clear a mission node for the first time, you unlock the adjacent nodes AND get MR exp, so go ahead and continue clearing.

First off, get to MR 5 as quickly as possible and join a syndicate (aka, Warframe's reputation factions, located at the relays). Since each syndicate is either an ally or an enemy of another syndicate, you can only join up to three (all three on the left side of the relay - New Loka, Red Veil, Pernin Sequence - or all three on the right side - Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Steel Meridian). Equip the sigil of the syndicate you want to get rep with, and you will gain rep while playing. You can get more rep by playing the syndicate missions (a new tab will appear on your Star Chart mission select screen). I also recommend you join Cephalon Simaris' syndicate (which is not apart of the faction war) on the second floor of the relays for his stuff too.
    Small note, you can get 4 up, and they should be corresponding for each consumable packs, so the energy, health, shield, ammo. The problem with leveling 4 up instead of 2 or 3 is is EXTREMELY slow. I've done it and it's annoying. I leveled up Steel Meridian, Cephalon Suda, Red Veil, and Perrin Sequence. It's obnoxious cause you have to rank up both Veil and Suda together since they only half hate each other (reduce 50% for the other respectively), Veil ranks up Meridian without consequence to any of the others. Then you blow up Meridian's standing by ranking up Sequence and repeat that process over and over.

What should I be looking up if I want to see what kind of end game / challenging content there is in this game?

I'm trying to find it but whenever I look up anything it seems like its entirely just people doing flippy spinny dashes and 1shotting mobs.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm trying to find it but whenever I look up anything it seems like its entirely just people doing flippy spinny dashes and 1shotting mobs.
    Hahaha

Warframe's endgame isn't really built around mobs that take more than a few hits to kill. At least, not anymore. Old Warframe had a focus on more tactical combat and fewer mobs with higher health and damage, but it was decided that a fast paced horde shooter was more fun. Movement 2.0 happened, which made positioning superfluous and the inclusion of damage 2.0 meant that the right build could one shot pretty much any non-boss, non-eximus enemy in the game.

As for a "challenging endgame", your only options are: arena mode on Sedna (fight Kela De'Thum's executioners), or long endless missions in the void (the longer an endless mission goes on, the higher level the enemies are). Really, you'll just be fighting against the same move sets, just with higher numbers. If you've already mastered fighting against the enemies in the game, the only thing higher levels will do will just make it take longer to fight against them... which isn't that fun unless you are going for records or brought a Nekros and some boosters to farm a ton of primes (or at least you could, back when primes dropped from the void).

Really, there's a reason why the community calls FashionFrame, Captura mode, and decorating your dojo/liset the "true endgame".

- - - Updated - - -

On a more serious note, the best use of your "endgame" builds is to farm primes/rare mats and trade them for BP with which to buy cosmetics.

Ok, thanks all for the pointers. I'll continue farming stuff and i found a clan to join to have some people to talk with

I like the system - you choose stuff you like and use it, no fancy shenaningans. The more you use it the stronger it becomes. Then you get stroger stuff and level again. Only gripe is that i don't really like the other Warframes models XD excluding Nekros, Loki and Ash. Maybe Titan. Well, i know already i'll get one of everything because STUFF.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the art style (weapons, Warframe, environment) horrible, cheap and often silly.

I was under the impression that PoE was going to be this huge open multiplayer area, like 50-100 players on the map, open-quests and what not. It was a bit disappointing.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance