10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm pretty sure there won't be a 7.4.
    Maybe that is something Gamescom will confirm. Would be nice to know.

Without 7.4 this expansion would have been much of the same (timeline wise). Patches then 9+ months of nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I just want our obligatory updated Blizzcon hype train jpg with the ghosts of Metzen and GC in the background. Who normally does those?
    There isn't a hype train yet. Nothing to hype

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post

There isn't a hype train yet. Nothing to hype
    I'll settle for a new Arthas and friends at Subway remix till then.
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2017-08-23 at 12:40 AM.

I have a feeling that Legion will be a long expansion. So far its the only one with this kind of planning and architecture.

My prediction stands that Azshara will be 7.4, maybe N'Zoth. Azeroth will emerge and be born as a titan.

Going further out on a limb... wow lore as we know it is over after legion. The big announce next year will be Titan - a new replacement MMO for WoW which features life on Azeroth as a titan.

Based on what Ion has said, and the pattern of patches so far, I think it's reasonable to think a 7.4 will exist. Much like broken shores was to Night Hold, and Argus will be to Tomb, there will need to be a "nerf"/"player buff" patch to allow the majority of raiders to clear the content in their respective difficulties. I imagine the patch will not have a raid, or dungeon, but something small that's either story driven or related to player buffs. It would also make sense for them to re-use assets somehow or add something to timewalking, or chromie scenario, or something teasing at 8.0.

Because it's the last chapter in Legion, it would be pretty strange to expect a full blown patch that would precede another raid. So, no Azshara, or N'zoth, unless they transition to the next Xpac remarkably fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No he meant you can play 7.3 on gamescon and wow legion will be on sale tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

fixed your error. we had times when we where ruled by Kings and Queens yet we arent anymore. Or as our most beloved orc said "Times change!".
    Exactly times do change. So you agree the 12 month announce to release thing should be thrown out too then yes? Expansion length is a much better metric for guessing expansion releases than time of announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    When they said WoD was going to be a short expansion and they'd be putting out one a year everyone but Blizzard knew there was no fucking way they'd ever hit that target

and guess what
    I mean it was the shortest expansion to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    If it was announced at Gamescome I would say an August 2018 release is likely. But it's not going to be....it's going to be at Blizzcon, and past precedent does matter. It'll be about a year. So expect October or November 2018 release.

There's a reason why they reveal when they do, and they've been very consistent about it for over a decade now. It's much more logical to follow a pattern than expect a radical change.
    I cant wait till you are proven wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it was announced at Gamescome I would say an August 2018 release is likely. But it's not going to be....it's going to be at Blizzcon, and past precedent does matter. It'll be about a year. So expect October or November 2018 release.

There's a reason why they reveal when they do, and they've been very consistent about it for over a decade now. It's much more logical to follow a pattern than expect a radical change.
    Legion for me was pretty much a radical change in overall quality and schedule, so i'm giving Blizz some trust.
    So i'm with Chickat \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Exactly times do change. So you agree the 12 month announce to release thing should be thrown out too then yes? Expansion length is a much better metric for guessing expansion releases than time of announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it was the shortest expansion to be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant wait till you are proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void theme continues in 8.x (duh). Alleria and Turalyon will be back (another mostly duh). Confirmed by Blizzplanet interview with Ion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Confirm source.

I want to be proven wrong but the precedence is there for MASSIVE content droughts. If they don't want a content drought then 8.0 needs to launch Feb-April.

You can't argue that 7.3 deserves longer than the 77 day cycle because it's the last patch/raid of the expansion. It doesn't have the content.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Hazzikostas)

10+ Year Old Account
    oh wow! how did I miss that! im hyped up!
    [/URL]

So.. 7.3.5 November 14th..? A week after Blizzcon and nearly the anniversary of that should not be named.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    A lot of it is pretty straightforward.
    I think "...a city under the city..." might refer to Ny'alotha being directly beneath another city, which could in turn be any of those that you mentioned.

Deleted
    I think Ion also said we'd see more of Jaina in the future, but he was cautious not to go into that topic. Probably because she's a big part of the upcoming expansion.

So we'll have Turalyon, Alleria, Jaina, N'Zoth, Azeroth, Magni, Anduin Wrynn, Sylvanas Windrunner, possibly Queen Azshara and Wrathion as part of the main cast. Perhaps Khadgar as well.

I just hope they don't pull something out of nowhere and give us an expansion entirely focused around the void and with 0 tropical ocean themes in it. So for example they use all the components which would be crucial in a south seas expansion (Azshara, N'Zoth, etc.) but without actually giving us the south seas.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasGamescom View Post
    I just hope they don't pull something out of nowhere and give us an expansion entirely focused around the void and with 0 tropical ocean themes in it. So for example they use all the components which would be crucial in a south seas expansion (Azshara, N'Zoth, etc.) but without actually giving us the south seas.
    This is my biggest concern too

I really want some new tropical locales ((

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyalite View Post
    This is my biggest concern too

I really want some new tropical locales ((
    It might be something which gives us a little bit of everything, with the void as its central theme. We might go to Northrend, to EK and KA, and there may be a new zone or two. Or even worse (imo), we go to some other terrible planet to play void detectives for two years, and everything is purple.

I just want the OCEANS! Blue water, bright blue and green colour palette.

Let the void be the threat looming in the background, with old god worshippers and cults corrupting politics, creatures acting erratically, heroes being affected by strange whispers, infighting and betrayal. That's all fine. But don't take out the Void big guns until 9.0, once we've had our well deserved rest at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluemancer View Post
    Name of the new expansion: you can try, but never guess
    Summary:
    Love me some riddles in the morning!

"World of Warcraft: You Can Try But Never Guess." Doesn't really roll off the tongue.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    "World of Warcraft: You Can Try But Never Guess." Doesn't really roll off the tongue.
    #TeamYCTBNG

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    #TeamYCTBNG
    I interpret that as "You can totally be noobish, GG"

Best expac name ever...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Nope, I've watched that twice.
    To give you another one:
    Is 7.3 the final raid tier of Legion?

Yes, it is. We still have much story to tell, and of course, the raid won’t be opened until later in the year, and there is more of the story of Legion after that. We have been very happy with how we have been able to tell the story of Legion through a mix of large patches and small patches, and sometimes even just non-patch live content updates.

Like a couple of weeks ago, when Argus appeared on the sky for everybody and Doomsayers were in Dalaran, and the quest Magni had most recently. That is exciting, and we want to keep doing that. We want to keep telling a story, and never really feel like it reaches an end point, but just continues. This is what all has been leading up to. There isn’t much left about Legion, depending on the outcome after Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

No such thing has been confirmed. In fact, what they did say is Argus will have raidS.
    - Heres another one

"It's the last major patch, yes. In terms of large outdoor zones to explore, big raid tier, dungeon, that sort of thing," he explains. "It's not the end of the story of Legion though. I think something that we've been very happy with over the course of the year and in last year was the way we've told a story that's unfolding through a continuous series of content updates."

If you happen to get a 7.4 - it will probably just be small QoL changes with no content added. (Super unlikely to get 7.4)
    Last edited by mmocb38d9c6d26; 2017-08-23 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hey calm down, the worse Gamescom is the better Blizzcon will be!
    Exactly! Thank you!