Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    To the people hating on Argus cause of the flying issue:

Stop it. Okay? You know what there isn't any flying on Argus, and you should accept that. How about you do the actual content for once, before you cry over something as small as not flying for a patch.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: Argus is better, thank god. The Questing's nice, the Music's amazing, the Argunite's easy to get, the threats are relevant, and...well....let's face it, 3 ZONES! They all look amazing, btw, namely Mac'aree.
    Uh... the topic is the terrain. Not the questing, music, etc. THE TERRAIN.

Terrain-wise, it's like a cross between Aszuna and Broken Shore. There are building ruins around etc but a lot it it is fel-blasted land. The lack of flying is annoying sometimes when the best way to get from A to B is through a lot of mobs because yes, daze. It's not as annoying as it could be though, because of the teleporters. It IS amusing to see anti flyer people who whined about flying hurting the immersion and making it too trivial to get from A to B champion *teleports* though.

? It's the legion home world, it's not exactly going to be easy to invade and travel.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Between hearthstones, gliders and the Argus whistle, it's hardly a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then maybe you shouldn't just blindy charge ahead?
    Oh shut up. The terrain is shit. Period.

I was told that Argus is even worse than Broken Shore... I hope it's not true.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Oh no, it's like you have to play a video game. What has the world come to?
    Yeah and if we were flying it wouldn't be a videogame.

Argus is a mixture of timeless isle, tanaan and broken shores. But with ALOT more story!

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Just further proof that flying should never have been added to the game. Have players become so unbelievably lazy and spoiled? It's like standing next to a building and screaming "omg Blizz why isn't there a door on the wall I'm approaching the building from at this exact moment?"
    No, you're just too stupid to realise that noflying serves one and only one purpose: to steal players time so players will pay more sub money. It adds no value to gameplay, unless you love being stuck in different kinds of invisible textures every couple of seconds. While flying is too convenient and obviously something has to be done with it, blizzard are so fucking terrible in creating good terrain, moreso now, when they started drooling over vertical locations instead of horizontal ones.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It IS amusing to see anti flyer people who whined about flying hurting the immersion and making it too trivial to get from A to B champion *teleports* though.
    They always did... the existance of those portals and whistles was kind of always one of the biggest arguments why we didn't need flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Oh shut up. The terrain is shit. Period.
    That's an opinion; i would argue that the blandness of Vanilla zones was shit. It felt one-dimensional and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, you're just too stupid to realise that noflying serves one and only one purpose: to steal players time so players will pay more sub money. It adds no value to gameplay, unless you love being stuck in different kinds of invisible textures every couple of seconds. While flying is too convenient and obviously something has to be done with it, blizzard are so fucking terrible in creating good terrain, moreso now, when they started drooling over vertical locations instead of horizontal ones.
    The accusation from the 1st sentence could just as well be made for you for not understanding what you quoted.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-08-23 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It already looks worse. The fact that we can't fly there is just a slap in the face.
    What else are they supposed to do when so many people have faces made for slapping?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    What the flying fuck does the story and color pallet of the zones have to do with the TERRAIN? This thread is about the terrain and traversing the zones, not about how it all ties in with the story. Yes, Argus is great in regards to a lot, otherwise I wouldn't be spending as much time as I do on the ptr. But terrain? Fuck no. It's awful.
    Title says nothing about terrain, and the first post just sounded like crying. And 7 posts in it just sounded like more crying about the zone in general.

Flat terrain stopped being interesting back in Classic, flying in BC just made people care less about the sudden drops and in Legion we had some zones with stupid drops(Stormheim) but then people stopped noticing that again once we had flying. Seriously, look before you leap it's not that hard.

Someone obviously never played the Witcher 3 where a 2 foot drop was an insta death

Oh god not again. They probably made Argus a year ago or so. I doubt they are so deaf to feedback.

the terrain is shit. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    the terrain is shit. /thread
    The terrain is great. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Oh no, it's like you have to play a video game. What has the world come to?
    Nice counter argument, lets just ignore the bad design and mock him because its "only" a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    That's an opinion; i would argue that the blandness of Vanilla zones was shit. It felt one-dimensional and boring.
    Good that there's middle-ground. Everything between Vanilla and Legion (or WoD). Zones were beautiful, interesting and not a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    Nice counter argument, lets just ignore the bad design and mock him because its "only" a game.
    It's more like let's mock someone for whining about the fact that they have to actually think about where they are running instead of hitting autorun and alt tabbing. The point here isn't that it's "only a game" it's that moving around an environment is a fundamental part of video games. "Waaah, I don't like having to jump when I play mario, why can't I just float over the enemies and obstacles and straight to the boss fight?"

Argus is broken shore 2.0. It's hilarious seeing all the fanboyish replies about how amazing 7.3 is and how they don't understand why people want a new xpac so bad - spoiler alert: because it's terrible and repetitive with samey content every "major" patch. Legion: The xpac where you do the same stuff in a slightly different disguise every patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sounds rather boring and bland. No thanks.
    It's almost like they want to wring every second from you so they can report bloated playtime for their safe-space metric
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Argus is broken shore 2.0. It's hilarious seeing all the fanboyish replies about how amazing 7.3 is and how they don't understand why people want a new xpac so bad - spoiler alert: because it's terrible and repetitive with samey content every "major" patch. Legion: The xpac where you do the same stuff in a slightly different disguise every patch.
    So every expansion that has ever been released.