• No Pill, I don't follow idiotic Placebo effects

10 23.26%
  • Other (Comment below)

3 6.98%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    He “died” but did not fail. He freed humans, by sacrificing himself. And it’s not clear that he actually died.
    Nope he didn't die he was reabsorbed back into the matrix to fulfill yet another cycle of insanity. COME ON Connel really! Shit man, I think I am the only one that actually watched the film.

The Burden of Choice was explained here perfectly this was a foreshadow of things to come.

Watch it slow it down, if you need to and turn it up if that helps EVERYTHING was pretty much explained in the scene, the entire movie, the only question after this point was to discover what was behind the choice that not even the matrix understood itself.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-08-23 at 02:56 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Thing was Morpheus was a fucking prick!

He never said 'oh by the way the real world is a fucking shit hole and you will spend all your life running from agents or from killer robots'

He makes it sound like there is a magically wonderland and all you gotta do is follow the rabbit! What a cunt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Thing was Morpheus was a fucking prick!

He never said 'oh by the way the real world is a fucking shit hole and you will spend all your life running from agents or from killer robots'

He makes it sound like there is a magically wonderland and all you gotta do is follow the rabbit! What a cunt!
    Hahaha honestly thank you for this, I almost want to defend Morpheus but you actually convinced me while reading this. I can't say I blame Morpheus totally, Neo was kind of a nitwit.

Truth be told if someone wanted to one of those Neo was actually the Bad Guy things, I bet there are some pretty legitimate arguments that NEO was more at fault than anybody along with Morpheus.

I also love how they never gave much of a back story on what lead Mr Anderson to tracking Morpheus down and what he knew about him before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Hahaha honestly thank you for this, I almost want to defend Morpheus but you actually convinced me while reading this. I can't say I blame Morpheus totally, Neo was kind of a nitwit.

Truth be told if someone wanted to one of those Neo was actually the Bad Guy things, I bet there are some pretty legitimate arguments that NEO was more at fault than anybody along with Morpheus.

I also love how they never gave much of a back story on what lead Mr Anderson to tracking Morpheus down and what he knew about him before.
    To be honest i always like the idea that neo and morpheus was all part of a huge simulation into tricking the machines they actually won and have them in an eternal loop. Had tha matrix ended where you actually see the machines is really just some old crappy server in a office in a state of confusion and then you see that humanity won the war years ago and live in a utopia that wouldve been more smart but no they wanted to make Neo Jesus and thats what we got!

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest i always like the idea that neo and morpheus was all part of a huge simulation into tricking the machines they actually won and have them in an eternal loop. Had tha matrix ended where you actually see the machines is really just some old crappy server in a office in a state of confusion and then you see that humanity won the war years ago and live in a utopia that wouldve been more smart but no they wanted to make Neo Jesus and thats what we got!
    Hahaha well you are right he Was he was "The One" a point that was admitted by the Architect, when he explicitly explained how the the Matrix worked how many times this same paradox has completed it self, The Agent, Morpheus hell even Trinity along with Zion itself I think are just part of another program, evident by the fact Neo the One seems to have the same powers outside of the Matrix as he does inside, just as Agent Smith does.

Hahaha well you are right he Was he was "The One" a point that was admitted by the Architect, when he explicitly explained how the the Matrix worked how many times this same paradox has completed it self, The Agent, Morpheus hell even Trinity along with Zion itself I think are just part of another program, evident by the fact Neo the One seems to have the same powers outside of the Matrix as he does inside, just as Agent Smith does.
    That was my exact reaction especially how neo killed those robots in the real world with his 'powers' I honestly think this was what they wanted but they didnt want the ending to be 'oh it was all just a dream and these characters never really existed' even though that would make more sense logically.

Never managed to finish the second and third movies. I like to pretend they don't exist instead :/

I'd take blue pill if I was given a glimpse of what the real world was supposed to be. But if not, I'd probably take the red out of ignorance and curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was my exact reaction especially how neo killed those robots in the real world with his 'powers' I honestly think this was what they wanted but they didnt want the ending to be 'oh it was all just a dream and these characters never really existed' even though that would make more sense logically.
    Well you are well ahead of a whole bunch because most people don't get it, especially some that suggest well he died at the end LOL.

However fail to realize that Zion itself has already been destroyed meaning they died, along the same scene with the Architect who explains the Neo "The One is a Program" the entire film inside outside is the same place, there was never a choice, just self fulfilling anomaly (Paradox)

Neo has died 6 other times before and near as the Architect can tell is both the Matrix and he programs are quicker each time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Never managed to finish the second and third movies. I like to pretend they don't exist instead :/

I'd take blue pill if I was given a glimpse of what the real world was supposed to be. But if not, I'd probably take the red out of ignorance and curiosity.
    Yeah well at least you are one of the few so far that seems to recognize what you just said. As near as I can tell that is all the Red Pill represents.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Honestly, I would pick the blue pill. I like my cozy life too much, and I wouldn't want to give up everything to go live in a shitty wasteland of a world.

"Wherever you are, that's your reality." - Sinon, Sword Art Online 2: The Phantom Bullet.
    Did you seriously just quote an anime character to cement your point. I just cringed into a singularity haha

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

So what would you do

Red Pill or Blue Pill and WHY?

Purple Pill = Both

Gray Pill = Means Both Conditionally
    Great poll! Especially with the purple/gray additions.

Going for red because honestly, I'd have to know. I couldn't stand not knowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am talking about this metaphorical "god and the devil" scene:

Yeah but your red pill, blue pill pronouncement doesn't really have anything to do with this scene. On it's face with no context it means pretty much nothing Zion has been destroyed which means if Neo "The One has done the same thing before" what the Oracle asked how long will this peace will last "As long as it can"

Connel even in that scene they both already concede it will happen again they don't know when, they didn't say anything about any outright conclusion other than that point for which the Anomaly completed it's cycle.

The Blue Pill didn't represent ignorance any more than the Red Pill represented Knowledge because it was never a choice. It was the choice the Matrix is trying to understand and what is behind that, is what the Oracle is about.

But it's going to happen again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Great poll! Especially with the purple/gray additions.

Going for red because honestly, I'd have to know. I couldn't stand not knowing.
    That a thing I like about you straight shooter, not afraid of the truth. Yeah I gather the compunction, but I like how you call it what it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by SealMemeSix View Post
    Did you seriously just quote an anime character to cement your point. I just cringed into a singularity haha
    Does it matter where an idea comes from? What matters more, the content of an idea, or its source?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no pill. Why the hell would The Matrix contain the code for a pill that helps one to escape the Matrix? ITS A CONSPIRACY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is forever, not even existence itself... until it is again...
    Connel This isn't going to last forever because it doesn't that is the nature of the Matrix they didn't solve the problem they just fulfilled the program that is it. They are totally talking about how long it will last not if.

... ultimately the Matrix follows a proverbial Jesus character, not that hard to understand with Trinity thrown in there.

The Architect is the Devil, The Oracle, God, Neo is Jesus, and Trinity the "holy spirit".
    Honestly never made those specific connections but they seem plausible.

Change as the Oracle talked about is that this time, instead of Zion being slowly repopulated with random freak events, it happens a lot quicker and by choice. It's where the Matrix the Game (which is part of the official lore) took off with the story after the movies. The players were humans inside the Matrix that were freed.

Will it reset? Sure, probably... but the Neo consciousness will reawken in a different body, and set them free again. He does not actually fail... The machines need the humans as much as the humans need the machines.
    Ok never followed the game or lore in that respect, I didn't get that sense or any clues suggesting that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This part actually comes from the Animatrix. (Also part of the official lore):

The humans blocked out the sun, and in doing so, made the machines dependent on them (they were solar powered before). The humans exist to power the machines, but they would not exist at all if it were not for the machines that grow and take care of them.

Also some humans were actually "friendly" with the machines... which is why the original Matrix was a proverbial Utopia instead of "nothingness". But humans need strife (physical or emotional/intellectual) to give us meaning/purpose. So the Utopia failed... and they recreated the late 21st century, which is comfortable enough with just enough strife to keep us entertained.

WoW would be boring if there were no bad guys, or someone to fight.
    Yeah again none of this was in the film and with some calls for a another I am kind of glad they didn't this premise is pretty damn horrible, is this a prequel sequel, and was this authored before or after the original films, I get that is is cannon but I am kind of wondering where this came from in the actual creation of the franchise.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grey pill and ask them to change the timelime and put me in a time where everyone was decent enough to each other so we wouldn't have to deal with pc

I would chose the red pill unless i was rich and powerful in the blue pill reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore used in the Animatrix was written before the movies.

“The Animatrix (アニマトリックス Animatorikkusu) is a 2003 American–Japanese anthology anime film produced by the Wachowskis. It is a compilation of nine animated short films based on The Matrix trilogy, which was written and directed by the Wachowskis. Four of the shorts were also written by the Wachowskis. The film details the backstory of the Matrix universe, including the original war between man and machines which led to the creation of the titular Matrix.”

I watched all the lore and played the game. Which is why I have a very different view of the machines and AI in the movies.
    It was written before 2 and 3 not before the first became a success.

Films and television
    Film(s)
    The Matrix (1999)
    The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
    The Matrix Revolutions (2003)
    Direct-to-video
    The Matrix Revisited (2001)
    The Animatrix (2003)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Animatrix

I think I am kind of getting the idea why the 2nd and 3rd were a bit different. Either way it's pretty cool, no sequels then? I still don't think the pills represented what you stated they did, and I am not convinced Neo dies based on the films, but I guess maybe we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Animatrix was made with the lore that was written before it, and the movies. (They had it all fleshed out)

Neo’s body died, his memory and “consciousness” was saved; to be used in the right time again.
    Yeah, not going to call this tight writing by any stretch, and there are a few things wrong, and some of what you are saying in Animatrix actually cancels a lot of the movie out.

Because in the film the Architect specifically states how the anomaly worked, and how Neo fit in, I mean the source material Animatrix seems to have been put to film after the first Matrix film. So either the Matrix films are were badly written or Animatrix was. Nothing having to do with the pills and choice because none of this changes what the pills represent, because all the while this anomaly was taking places, the pills were at least part of that, which played itself out 6 times.

100% redpilled here.