• Purple Pill or Gray Pill

2 4.65%
  • No Pill, I don't follow idiotic Placebo effects

10 23.26%
  • Other (Comment below)

3 6.98%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    In the case of the matrix probably the blue pill. Comparatively, I like my life as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well, I mean you can see the pills as eating from the tree of knowledge (of good and evil, love and hate, ("free will")), or remaining ignorant in a garden of our dreams.
    Ok but would you see that as a choice different context than this but what do you feel about the similarities I think arguments can be made there wasn't

In the movies that is kind of what they represent... which is distilled into the two original saying I put up... (Knowledge is Power... etc)
    Eh, Knowledge isn't power though in actuality or the movie, according to the move the problem was choice. What is behind that choice I think is less about knowledge.

The events playing out 6 times is just because the Matrix has been up for a while... Humans have essentially given up their liberty for food and shelter/or enslaved (depending on how you view it).
    OK This is new territory based on what you provided, at least to me

As for the plot, I think that is only the creators know.... I imagine they had an overall plot and then created the movies, and the Animatrix as the Prequel based on their back story. I believe there was an interview with them saying something like that, but I could be mistaken.

It's interesting how a reimagined ideas of the original "tree of knowledge" is used in storytelling, and how modern people that are given the two options, choose.
    I think it's interesting but yeah you are pretty on the mark on most things so if you said you seen it I believe it. I just think over all this might explain more about the 2nd and the 3rd films as opposed to the first.

Not in terms of a good or bad thing. I guess I had always had some respect for their writing despite some of the critics that slammed it, I didn't think it worked well in the 2nd and 3rd films but I always thought it was because it was based maybe being smarter, but the idea knowledge is power as a theme, EHH yeah that didn't make it to the film.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in the film the, Knowledge is power aspect is basically knowing that you have a choice. By that I mean, you can only make a choice if you know a choice exists. If you only know of one way to do something, that is how you will always do it. Unless you are taught a new way. And then you have a choice of two ways of doing something. Free will comes with knowledge. Can't choose what you don't know.

If you are ignorant of any choice at all, you are in bliss... being taken care of by a benevolent being for eternity, never feeling anguish or pain. Or... the Matrix, which is subjectively better than reality.
    I have to totally disagree because even by the same Oracle at the end, Neo and her discuss what he is going to do, and she mentioned he already made up his mind he was just trying to understand that choice.

So on the level I do think where he has his meeting with the Architect I think it it's pretty clear he has never really had a choice, ever meaning the pills were pointless they were as artificial as the Matrix itself.

I mean there was the final battle between Neo and Agent smith, but it ended with him basically submitting.

Which in a way was taking the Blue Pill.

And Ignorance is also not bliss, I mean if that were so Neo wouldn't have had his curiosity to fulfill the prophecy, which I think is also a very loose sense of that term. Knowledge is not power, and Ignorance is not Bliss, Cypher we don't really know much of his back story, but he only views ignorance after knowing what knowledge is and really in that it's as much of a choice as the opposite.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Sorry, I'm no sociopathic mysoginist, so you can keep your red pill and feed it to frustrated failed PUAs.