Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I expect they might do another minor patch after Antorus / 7.3.5 similar to the minor patch that brought valor / mythic dungeons / timewalking mid-HFC, but I wouldn't expect full-scale "new zone / dungeon / raid" patch, maybe something small like another wave of micro-holidays or scenarios like chromie or the magni quest. I really don't want them to promise 7.4 and then backtrack from it. I'm quite convinced if they aren't talking about it, it's because: 1) they don't know 2) they aren't allowed to talk about it 3) there isn't really anything big planned worth mentioning, so either way talking about it would be fake hype that would end up in disappointment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess you could say it was unaVOIDable. Haa. Haa. Aah...

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's even worse. He is the Player Character's replacement. I became the Ashbringer, replaced Tirion, got a cool mount and had everyone calling me Highlord. Now Turalyon shows up with cooler armor, a cooler sword, he gets to use MY mount, everyone calls him High Exarch and has some elven eyecandy on his arm. Seriously it feels like I am being replaced
    Well some people did complain they're tired of their player char being "the hero", even asked to go back to "noname adventurer", so there you go.

Tbh I don't mind Turalyon, I prefer having some extra VIP NPCs instead the whole spotlight landing again on Illidan, because there's too much of him in this expansion akin to too much Thrall in Cata. (And yeah, I know Illidan is going to get another moment of spotlight anyway in the end.)

Quote Originally Posted by Berengo View Post
    Oh great more Alliance characters for evryone.
    Now we had a WHOLE expansion based on "Horde" characters who originally hated Alliance, I don't think 2 alliance characters would be that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    *yawn* Turalyon. Could there be a more bland and generic character?
    Jaina, Alleria, Sylvanas, Tyrande, Li-Li

I could keep going, but the trend seems to signal that Blizzard can't write women.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I kind of disagree, Illidan did not get enough of a spotlight. We never even got to quest with him (and we don't do so in Argus) while we get to interact far more with Khadgar and Velen (and actively quest with Turalyon and Alleria). It's a shame really, the Illidari especially should have gotten to quest with Illidan in 7.2
    Just sort of tacks onto the disappointment that was 7.2's story. While I don't agree Illidan needed more spotlight (Frankly bringing him back was sinful enough as it stands), I can agree that the Illidari were pretty much non-fucking-existent unless you were a demon-hunter.

This was one of my biggest criticisms with class hall stories that were class specific. It made the PC feel special in their own little area with their own little story, but it drained the world building aspects those class-factions would have brought. Frankly Legion would have been -much- more interesting if the PC were able to experience bringing together the entirety of Legionfall, rather than seeing one of eleven fractions.

But you know Blizzard, gotta get them to play alts in their downtime somehow.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-08-23 at 08:08 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Now we had a WHOLE expansion based on "Horde" characters who originally hated Alliance, I don't think 2 alliance characters would be that bad.
    Who talked about the story focus? I just want to deal with Horde characters and not be a weird looking Alliance member.

I just wish they have other plans for Illidan. Like some sort of story before we jump in the next expansion.
    Because thats one of a shitty ending

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    It's a whingy horde player being pissed not every expansion is about them:

Pandaria -> ehmagerd horde is evul! look this is a whole end of expansion raid that is horde
    Warlords -> "what if" with the horde as the center spotlight
    Legion -> more neutral
    Next expansion -> Alliance chars.. horde players: "OMG CLEAR ALLIANCE BIAS!"

Hell, this expansion had more focus on the horde in the intro if you want to be pissy about it. Vol'jin gets a whole sequence + demon attack, alliance? "oh yea, dude blow up enjoy dlaaran!"

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Next expansion -> Alliance chars.. horde players: "OMG CLEAR ALLIANCE BIAS!"
    Well the Horde didn't see a character since Sylvannas cinematic in 7.0.
    At least the Alliance could see Jaina crying and bitching in most of the expansion patch.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I swear, sometimes I want to slap these interviewers for not doing the obvious followup. The interview has this:

Right, I think most of us realize this is the final raid tier and that 7.3.5 is the final raid patch. But Ion's answer doesn't actually exclude there being another patch that's NOT raid focused but has world content. Do they follow up and ask "so is there a 7.4 with world content?" Of course they don't. #sigh
    That would be really cool. It could be a patch 7.4, where the focus changes to the next expansion, so we don't get these jarring changes between expansions, but instead have a more gradual shift. Would also keep people more involved, inastead of WoW going stale and everyone asking for beta keys to the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Well the Horde didn't see a character since Sylvannas cinematic in 7.0.
    At least the Alliance could see Jaina crying and bitching in most of the expansion patch.
    so.. 1 expansion vs mists + warlords being huge Horde focused? and you think that's reason to cry.. lol..

I enjoy the game regardless of who has the main spotlight, but you people keep crying that an imaginary bunch of pixels gets more attention then the other bunch of imagniry bunch of pixels.

Deleted
    irrelevant, they got enough of a spotlight Enjoy having an expansion that isn't all about the horde for once
    Because Legion was SO horde with three night Elfs zones and 1 proto human zone. Horde also had to put up with Whisperind threatening to murder them while helping her find her husband while Baine gets removed from Highmountain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yeah but what about the Horde?
    Who?

/10Chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Yeah, Purple wants to make me barf too. D:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Excellent deduction skills, truly unrivaled
    Tbf now, I was that guy that predicted the Legion expac, while everyone else said that it'd be Naga.

Then, I predicted the Naga/Old Gods/Void shit, even thought most people are predicting Undead now.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    The void situation in Mac'Aree is definitely a theme that will continue into the next expansion. Turalyon and Alleria will be relevant in the next expansion too.
    Ion never says either of those things directly so as a news site you shouldn't be reporting it as "definitely" as if it was confirmed. It's not in the interview. Unless something is missing from the transcript he doesn't mention the void being in future stuff just that we will be questing with Alleria and that we are doing it for the relic to help stop the Legion. I mean, it's a fair assumption next expansion is void-related (incredibly likely even) it's just Ion is tight-lipped and does not say that during the interview.

Same for Turaylon/Alleria he says it is almost certain that it's not the last we see of them. He did not confirm they are major characters in the next expansion. Just that we would likely see them again.

Now people who have not read or watched the interview will get the wrong idea and think this is all confirmed by Ion because you're a news site who interviewed him but gave an incorrect summary. As a news site Blizzplanet should not be reporting your assumptions from the interview as facts. That is (part of) the reason mmo-champion and wowhead are more professional.

so.. 1 expansion vs mists + warlords being huge Horde focused? and you think that's reason to cry.. lol..

I enjoy the game regardless of who has the main spotlight, but you people keep crying that an imaginary bunch of pixels gets more attention then the other bunch of imagniry bunch of pixels.
    Let's just say the Horde got ¨another¨ new Warchief and still we don't have any develloping stories on this one ¨again¨.
    And now Blizzard are focusing only the Alliance so they can finally stfu.

And btw The iron horde from WoD are not the Horde., not my problem if you think all Orcs are Hordes
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2017-08-23 at 09:46 AM.

Did they not mention anything about jade druids?? They're fucking op and all over the place now!

Deleted
    Was then next xpack void thingy said somewhere in the video? Couldn't find it in the transcript.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Was then next xpack void thingy said somewhere in the video? Couldn't find it in the transcript.
    It's not there. I checked both the video and transcript. It is just an assumption by Blizzplanet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Let's just say the Horde got ¨another¨ new Warchief and still we don't have any develloping stories on this one ¨again¨.
    And now Blizzard are focusing only the Alliance so they can finally stfu.

And btw The iron horde from WoD are not the Horde., not my problem if you think all Orcs are Hordes
    sorry, your veiled attempts at bringing politics into this won't work. it's adorable.. but won't work.

But please keep seeing the horde as a helpless victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    *yawn* Turalyon. Could there be a more bland and generic character?
    his voice is the most boring and generic voice ever. it's not even sexy.