Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am not really excited for the next expansion. I think the story of the next expansion will be pretty dull compared to legion. The only thing that can be improved in the next expansion is class design. Legion class design was terrible for a lot of classes. I don't think they will improve it much in the next expansion because they will probably have the same design philosophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It wasn't a missed opportunity, it was a wise decision. With 7.3 right around the corner, Argus should be what is on the minds of the players, not the next expansion.

With 7.3 very possibly being a mere week away, do you really think that it would have been a good idea to cut hype for the patch by needlessly announcing the next expansion not even a week beforehand?

Think about it.

Deleted
    As someone going to Blizzcon I'm happier than most that they didn't ruin the surprise at Gamescom...!

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    No. It wasn't a missed opportunity, it was a wise decision. With 7.3 right around the corner, Argus should be what is on the minds of the players, not the next expansion.

With 7.3 very possibly being a mere week away, do you really think that it would have been a good idea to cut hype for the patch by needlessly announcing the next expansion not even a week beforehand?

Think about it.
    Doesn't really cut hype at all, and they've done in multiple times before. Announcing an expansion draws large numbers of players back in, especially if a patch with a ton of catch-up mechanics is about to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Casuals more than likely do not play PTR or even read this site for that matter so for plenty of people it will be new
    Casuals also most likely don't go to/watch Gamescom.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    The final patch of each expansions has been pretty lacklustre since well... Sunwell.
    Wrath = Ruby Sanctum = meh
    Cata = Dragon Soul = meh
    MoP = Siege = not bad but last over an entire year
    WoD = Tanaan+HFC = meh (not to mention green fel shit everywhere just like broken shore and argus)

They need to incentivize people to come back for the last patch somehow, and so far Legion hasn't had a good track record in terms of actual engaging content. People wanted more content, but sometimes more isn't always better. The raids in particular in Legion haven't been anything special.

Need more stuff like the Mage Tower and PvP Brawls, mix things up a bit.
    Disagree completely. 4.3 saved cataclysm for me and was one of the best patches this game has ever had.

It brought transmog, updated the darkmoon faire, had three awesome catch up dungeons and it brought raid finder. If it had had a small daily quest hub it would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post

Think about it.
    You say that, but in Legion they've repeatedly put new stuff on the PTR right after releasing a raid(like when they started testing Antorus bosses when two guilds on the planet had cleared live content)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Oh, right. But they add that all the time. Not really intresting news in my opinion.
    But yeah, great.

Deleted
    They'd be fools to draw attention to the next expansion before the last patch has shipped. People would just start looking forward to that and many people who consider re-subbing each patch would probably not do it this time. Essentially the new content they ship, patch 7.3, would already feel dated and something they just want to get over with to get into the next expansion. Not very good business that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I dont wanna sound like an asshole here or anything but im pretty sure were currently sitting on WoD numbers as of right now.
    And I am pretty sure we have now waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more better number then in wod days.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    News flash, how many are still playing legion?
    A lot more then did wod at this point.
    I mostly PvP and it's the lowest participation by far, FAR less than even WoD so I'm going to assume that translates into PvE aswell.
    you take the tiniest part of wow and claim you can use that to know now numbers of other parts? thats some bad thinking there.
    pvp participation has ALLWAYS been low cause people dont like pvp.
    7.3 does nothing but bring new PvP seasons for us. What is there for us to look forward to? I couldn't care less about 7.3 and abandon Azeroth and let it's enemies take control while we're away on Argus.
    so you participate only in the tiniest partof legion and complain there is no content for you?
    maybe this game aint for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Conclusion: tonight there will be a really boring WoW event FOR ME.
    fixed your flaw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    They're gonna reveal it there.
    so you still claim with a FAKE leak that they gonna reveal now that they even stated they WONT reveal?..... whatever you are taking stop it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    yes they do. every year

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    There's nothing new about 7.3, it has been on the PTR for almost two months already if not more. I have not played it, and i already know everything it will bring...
    And next expansion beta will be also tested before going live so also wont bring anything new...

Gamescom Legion announcement only happened due to WoD being what it was. Them announcing it now before we've had 7.3, would just make people go "Uuh I don't want 7.3 now why couldn't they skip that and give us the new expansion instead"... Why? Because people in general seem like they all suffer from some manner of disorder involving letters...

Get over it already. There's no "missed opportunity", they're saving the expansion reveal for their OWN convention where they'll have a huge audience of WoW-fans and all the time they want. Duh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I dont wanna sound like an asshole here or anything but im pretty sure were currently sitting on WoD numbers as of right now.
    Not if looking at the earnings calls.

But that's too much work I suppose, rather just peddle the retarded narrative where an expansion like Legion has the same or worse performance than fucking Warlords of Draenor...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Just because you want a tease of the the next expansion, doesnt mean 7.3 is not news worthy. Legion is going great, far better than WoD, why would they undermine (no pun intended) it with a tease for the next expansion when the ultimate content drop is right on the horizon. Enjoy 7.3, 8.0 will be out in 9 months, live, love, laugh fam.

This isnt a missed opportunity, Legion announcement was damage control.
    Exactly this ^

10+ Year Old Account
    What I wanna know is why people are such in a rush all the time to see a new expansion? Like why can't we just enjoy what we have now and worry about a new expansion when the one we're playing now is actually over? I haven't been playing for a while (I think I'm planning on coming back soon. Wanna see what all this Argus stuff is about) but apparently we're getting a pretty big patch that supposedly has some neat content coming and all people on here are worried about is a new expansion. Maybe Blizzard should just stop with everything on Legion and just jump to the next expansion right away.

Geez, no patience at all. Like a child who gets a toy he's always wanted but now that he has it he wants the other cool toy. A new expansion is coming, everyone knows this, it's WoW we're talking about but in the mean time how about we just enjoy what we have.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-08-23 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes they do. every year
    The kind that doesn't follow any fansites/streams otherwise? Seriously doubt it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The fuck is that suppose to mean? PTR replaced the live game? No seriously, what is that even suppose to mean?
    What I said clearly went miles above your head...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes they wont watch gamescom but they will see the launcher which can be clicked to see the video

Hyping something unannounced that we can't even hope to play for a year or more would be stupid. All it does is take away from the excitement for the argus content and raids, which need to keep us busy for a long time.

You do not dilute your main course while drawing attention to the meal you'll be serving next month. It's just stupid to do so. This is why Blizzard is making these decisions and not the braintrust on MMOC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon reveals are better imo. They are preaching to the choir there. I feel like Legion was announced when and where it was because WoD was so poorly received after launch. They had to get something out there and Blizzcon was probably too far away.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    The title says it, but I'll elaborate if I have to.

I personally feel like Legion announcement at Gamescom 2015 went down VERY well, delivering a lot more good than just a "crowd control" move during WoD lull needed.

Yes, they HAD TO do it back then, and all that - I've been around, you don't need to remind me. But Legion announcement did create that positive feel that carried us through the lull and far beyond.

Similarly, telling us pretty much the full plan for Legion rollout, all the way up to 7.3 that's not even live yet was an example of what looked like changed comms policy, where they finally realised that people stick around a lot longer if they have something to look forward to.

There was zero reason to think they wouldn't learn from that success and not try and repeat it at least to some small extent this time. Short teaser of the next expansion is all we needed this time around.

Remain in denial as much as you want - but 7.3 is OLD NEWS. Making Gamescom "all about 7.3" is a missed opportunity to hype up people far beyond attendees of US Blizzcon, boost virtual ticket sales, and more.

Yes I look forward to something other than boring crap of 7.2 BS wasteland, but it absolutely wouldn't hurt to tell me what's ahead.
    Maybe holding on to it until Blizzcon? They do seem to be quicker with their content now, so I guess they focused on 7.3 so there's something for Blizzcon. Maybe they're waiting for a cinematic to finish?

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Why? New expansion would just distract the excitement from 7.3.
    Only, 7.3 really isnt that exciting. It's also not a new reveal. Also, similar things have occurred before, without any issue.

Add to that, any expansion announced would still take a fucking year to come out, meaning its not like we'd get it tomorrow. That said, no it wouldnt affect peoples "excitement from 7.3" not at all.