Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    LFR is the place for people who dont want to pay attention. Vote kick AFkers. It really answers everything about this thread. Trying to put personal feelings on what LFR should be for you is going to get you nowhere. I can personally feel like its the back yard of a toxic waste dump but its my choice if I do it or not. We all have a choice on how much we raid or put time in. Grinding rep is no more fun.
    Delmore - Warrior
    Delmoré - Demon Hunter

"Didn't have it this easy in my day, no way you can! Not on my watch!"

All complaining about LFR.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    the whole purpose of LFR is to be a tour mode,
    No. One of the major objectives of LFR may be for players to be able to see the content, but this was never the sole or primary purpose.

The whole purpose of LFR is to provide a raid (or raidlike if you prefer) experience for the vast majority of players who aren't part of, and have little interest in, organised raiding.

It was intended that players could join groups by simply electing to join a queue and it was tuned such that the encounters would be manageable even for players with minimal skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    it doesnt suppose to be challanging in any way. dunno why the whole fuss is about..
    There is a massive spectrum between challenging and mindlessly easy. LFR should not pose any kind of challenge to it's participants, but it should at least get them to engage.

It's the difference between just sitting there and autoattacking and actually using some sort of rotation. The rotation doesn't have to be optimal, but characters should at least be using some of their abilities.
    It's the difference between having to move out of fire, even if you'll survive standing in it for 5 seconds, and being able to stand there the whole fight.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2017-08-23 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    I agree. The death of LFR as a reasonable challenge was the nail in the coffin of me staying on as a super casual. I know loads of folk will say 'pug normal' but this takes time I don't have.

I assume Blizz has metrics that tell them the easier LFR gets the more people play - I'm just not sure who. I can only think it's the under 12 crowd.
    Normal is actually easier than LFR because of a situation you have happening in this game where the harder the difficulty the more proper vetting and seriousness you will find in it.
    Its the same for Mythic+. Completing an 8 is harder than an 18 at this point because only horrible players are looking for 8s.

Its evidence the community can be without easy content and SHOULD be in order to get players like yourself interested in progression difficulties.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I agree! Down with lfr! I'd do it but the problem is it shouldn't scale by how many players. It should scale by how big their dicks are! (This is what this thread boils down to inmy opinion)

Fuck hard lfr. Do you people crying for a challenge reeeeaaaaaally wanna be locked in a group with random people wiping to a boss with the lowest ilvl of gear for hooouuuurs because Sam and Cindy don't realize they need to do mechanics and never will? Do you reaaaally want that? Sure you can kick em, but then you'll prob just get a few more retards. No no no no no.I am 100% perfectly fine with tourist mode lfr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    It would speed up my week, if LFR was gone. I would log on Tues-Thur at 8pm til 11:30. Until we had things on farm. Then I would cut out hours entirely. As logging onto my alts is normally to run LFRs. And since, my main doesn't really do anything but raid.
    Then just don't do LFR if you don't enjoy it. Honestly, what is this? Does someone point a gun at you so that you must run LFR to stay alive?

Stay out of it and stop complaining. Jeesus...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    I agree! Down with lfr! I'd do it but the problem is it shouldn't scale by how many players. It should scale by how big their dicks are! (This is what this thread boils down to inmy opinion)

Fuck hard lfr. Do you people crying for a challenge reeeeaaaaaally wanna be locked in a group with random people wiping to a boss with the lowest ilvl of gear for hooouuuurs because Sam and Cindy don't realize they need to do mechanics and never will? Do you reaaaally want that? Sure you can kick em, but then you'll prob just get a few more retards. No no no no no.I am 100% perfectly fine with tourist mode lfr.
    Exactly. If I want a challenge, I run mage tower or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That was because it had a huge pool of MMO virgins it had tapped into, and as they flowed into, and then mostly back out of, the game they could maintain the appearance of a game that had a stable player population. That resource is gone.

The other thing that has happened is the general population has filled up with ex-players. Word of mouth changed from "you have to try this" to "I used to play that".
    I agree with most of what you said, but I still don't think LFR is the answer to the player retention problems, and I personally think it makes it worse.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember Durumu LFR..... That was a lot of fun.
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

They kind of tried something like this in early Cataclysm, with the lesser players intended to do the first tier of the expansion (which had been nerfed) while their betters were doing the second. It didn't work. If you ask players to wait long enough, they'll just go "ok, I'll do it next expansion. <unsub>"

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe there is any actual evidence to support this anti-LFR talking point.
    On your second point, I totally agree and get tired of seeing it spouted out without any proof at all. Subs and activity don't plummet the second a final boss becomes available in LFR.

Usually the final boss is a royal pain and not worth the bother, which is why Blizzard wised up and put them in a queue by themselves. Personally after reading about KJ LFR I haven't and won't bother to queue for it because I could give a fuck about killing the "final boss". As far as I'm concerned a raid boss is a raid boss and whether it lives or dies doesn't matter because it'll be there again next week and every week until they turn the servers off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, but I still don't think LFR is the answer to the player retention problems, and I personally think it makes it worse.
    So, what would be your proposal? Getting players to "step it up" apparently didn't work. It seems lots of players just don't want conventional raiding. I think this is because they are loathe to put themselves into a situation where they will be judged to be not good enough. LFR, above all other things, offers a much less judgmental experience for such players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    The only 2 reasons I play LFR is that it's split by wings and I can leave whenever I want when I lose nerves. I don't care how much difficult LFR is.
    That's kind of just one reason.

Also in group finder no1 is going to bat an eyelid if you leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post

people who whine about lfr do not do lfr - lets start with that - they only cry about it because it hurts their fragile ego that normal people dont look for self accomplisments in computer game only irl - lfr is that thorn of reality that sticks them hard while they waste their life nolifing.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people who whine about lfr do not do lfr - lets start with that - they only cry about it because it hurts their fragile ego that normal people dont look for self accomplisments in computer game only irl - lfr is that thorn of reality that sticks them hard while they waste their life nolifing.
    I don't like LFR but I do it anyway for titanforge, AP and BLP.

You'll find a lot of people do LFR but they do not enjoy it. I don't play wow for achievements either, it's about playing with friends, however we still like to progress and LFR is one of those things you do to progress because in this current game it actually provides relevant rewards

So, what would be your proposal? Getting players to "step it up" apparently didn't work. It seems lots of players just don't want conventional raiding. I think this is because they are loathe to put themselves into a situation where they will be judged to be not good enough. LFR, above all other things, offers a much less judgmental experience for such players.
    My proposal is to "force" people into social commitments. Make people find other like-minded people/groups/guilds where being judged isn't an issue, and those social connections will keep you subbed to the game. I know that's how it was for me, so I can't be the only one. LFR is 99% anti-social, requires no skill (or maybe 3-4 skilled players to carry), and most certainly, at times, has people linking dps meters to point out some of the "baddies" in the raid. My signature says pretty much all of this. An MMORPG needs social infrastructure to keep the game fresh, even during content lulls.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

My proposal is to "force" people into social commitments. Make people find other like-minded people/groups/guilds where being judged isn't an issue, and those social connections will keep you subbed to the game. I know that's how it was for me, so I can't be the only one. LFR is 99% anti-social, requires no skill (or maybe 3-4 skilled players to carry), and most certainly, at times, has people linking dps meters to point out some of the "baddies" in the raid. My signature says pretty much all of this. An MMORPG needs social infrastructure to keep the game fresh, even during content lulls.
    You can't force people to be social, they will just quit if the amount of interaction is too much for their preferences.

I've been in a guild for almost 10 years, I've only played wow for maybe 6 of those years. You keep in touch with people you enjoy playing with no matter what the game

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    You can't force people to be social, they will just quit if the amount of interaction is too much for their preferences.

I've been in a guild for almost 10 years, I've only played wow for maybe 6 of those years. You keep in touch with people you enjoy playing with no matter what the game
    Maybe force was too strong of a word. Coerce maybe? I don't know.

Maybe force was too strong of a word. Coerce maybe? I don't know.
    They already tried this and it didn't work sadly. The very reason we have LFG/LFR group finder etc is down to players being gits to one another and some players not wanting the hassle of signing up to a social schedule.

The whole point of an MMORPG is that you are playing in a persistent world inhabited by other players, not that you should have to use organized groups to do anything meaningful. Many players have always treated World of Warcraft like a largely single player game with optional multi-player content. If the intent was to force players into organized content then Blizzard should have integrated it into the leveling experience to set the proper expectation.

But i get the vibe what you really want is the game to return to a state of players being able to lock other players out of even being able to participate in end-game content. And those days are over, thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    But i get the vibe what you really want is the game to return to a state of players being able to lock other players out of even being able to participate in end-game content. And those days are over, thankfully!
    Not at all, why would anyone want to prevent others from seeing endgame content? I just want the days back when people stayed subbed forever. In Legion, it just seemed like a cycle of people subbing for new raids/patches, devouring it as fast as possible, and unsubbing until the next new raid/patch. As a guild leader, this is a terrible phenomenon. If you fill your roster up with these kinds of players, you're going to lose them as fast as you gained them.

In the bigger picture, maybe its just the MMO genre dying.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Then just don't do LFR if you don't enjoy it. Honestly, what is this? Does someone point a gun at you so that you must run LFR to stay alive?

Stay out of it and stop complaining. Jeesus...
    Funny, since, I wasn't complaining about LFR being there. I use it more then I use dungeons. And I am a Mythic raider. It servers a purpose.