Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    Disagreeing is fine, but calling others delirious is stretching it abit.
    Anyways, you are wrong in that Diablo postings "just appeared" - there's been posting hinting at it for a long time, in 2016 (even 2015), and even before that.
    Blizzard has changed as company ALOT, and stock holders are probably expecting abit more from Blizzard than the "10 year between each patch" development cycles that we've had. Remember - They are owned by the same people who push out Call of Duty every single year (rotated on 3 studios).

Time will tell :>

- - -

There is no way we are seeing anything close to Starcraft 3 however considering their massive esport focus on Starcraft 2 atm, it would be completely illogical.... but... Warcraft 4? :O Hype!

- - -

Diablo 2 Remastered is also an option, but let's hope not.
    Just a joke dude. No need to lose your mind over a tongue in cheek jab about how low of a possibility it would be for an announcement to happen. Biggest thing wrong with this world is how often people take the most stupid shit so seriously.

I would love some awesome hidden announcement to happen but I'm not holding my breath.

A Hearthstone 'raid' and... a cringey Disney-like musical movie. I'm not even mad at this point. roflmao

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there'd be enough steam to announce Diablo information at something like Gamescom especially with the current state of the game. You'd have broader appeal which could go either way whereas at Blizzcon you're essentially in an echo chamber where even the worst game they have out will get met with huge praise and applause.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Zero info about any Diablo game at gamescom, guess the franchise is rip.

That moment when you expect something from Diablo and get absolutely nothing LUL

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last year at Blizzcon when I was discussing with the devs (after testing the necro), one of them clearly told me that the future of the Diablo franchise was unsure if the community didn't seem more vibrant in it.
    With the decline of player numbers in D3, I wouldn't be surprise if Diablo is now a side thing with low budget given to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Last year at Blizzcon when I was discussing with the devs (after testing the necro), one of them clearly told me that the future of the Diablo franchise was unsure if the community didn't seem more vibrant in it.
    With the decline of player numbers in D3, I wouldn't be surprise if Diablo is now a side thing with low budget given to it
    Well, they have only themselves to blame for it's failure.

Story was rather bad and gameplay wasn't revolutionary, Reaper of Souls put it back on track, but way too late to save it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Well, they have only themselves to blame for it's failure.

Story was rather bad and gameplay wasn't revolutionary, Reaper of Souls put it back on track, but way too late to save it.
    You might or might not remember but D2 release was the same. D2 initially was meh, it was LoD that made it a big thing with the runes and all.
    Also you need to see a difference between the devs and the executive calls. Like they touched at the GDC (two years ago?) they were saying how they wanted to do too close to Diablo 2 gameplay due to pressure. That was a failure. The moment they realized their mistake it was too late in the game development process.
    When they ported the game to consoles that's where they found the right inspiration (*coughs*also removing their game producer*coughs*).

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Considering the next big ARPG's are Lost Ark and Lineage Eternal which makes me think D4 is gonna be the reveal to compete against these, in a year or so time.
    Is Lineage Eternal still a thing? Last I heard of it was years ago when they had a great gameplay trailer but ever since then it's mostly been off the radar and I assumed just turned to vapor.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

maybe they want to keep an announce for blizzcon and not gamescon ;p

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    maybe they want to keep an announce for blizzcon and not gamescon ;p
    If it was something like Diablo 4 blizzard should save something that big for blizzcon...they owe it to blizzcon lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Is Lineage Eternal still a thing? Last I heard of it was years ago when they had a great gameplay trailer but ever since then it's mostly been off the radar and I assumed just turned to vapor.
    I don't know about LE but LA cb2 for Koreans starts this week (or at least sign ups start this week). Still a long journey till west.

Open Beta for MU Legend starts next month tho.

Quote Originally Posted by EliWallach View Post
    Rhykker seems to think D4 is real. Let's hope so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ur2IZZ_XbY
    Rhykker is talking about D4 for how long already? If someone will keep saying about D4 for 5 years and then the game will be announced/released does this mean they were right or just delusional?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Rhykker is talking about D4 for how long already? If someone will keep saying about D4 for 5 years and then the game will be announced/released does this mean they were right or just delusional?
    He keeps the Diablo fanbase's faint glimmer of hope alive, without the sensational D4 rhetoric we'd be crumbling into ash at this point.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

But this does not change the fact that D4 is far from being announced/released. Getting mad at Blizz because they did not reveal it yet is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Just a joke dude. No need to lose your mind over a tongue in cheek jab about how low of a possibility it would be for an announcement to happen. Biggest thing wrong with this world is how often people take the most stupid shit so seriously.

I would love some awesome hidden announcement to happen but I'm not holding my breath.
    Blizzcon next

If you thought there was gonna be diablo info at gamescom you haven't been paying attention. Diablo is a dead franchise for blizzard at this point, and d4 is several years off. And no, there won't be anything at blizzcon either.

The Diablo franchise will never get attention from Blizzard until they can find a way to plug the game with micro transactions and become a cash cow like all their other franchises.

I would expect their next announcement to be D2 remastered.

The running theme here is "I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed". Not even a mention. It's only fair, Overwatch and HS are held in high regard by them cause they bring a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    If you thought there was gonna be diablo info at gamescom you haven't been paying attention. Diablo is a dead franchise for blizzard at this point, and d4 is several years off. And no, there won't be anything at blizzcon either.
    A dead franchise... it's in heavy development.