Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    I care because, as I already said, F2P is cancer and so are F2P players.

Actually yes, I do spend a lot of times in low level zones/raids/dungeons.
    But I do agree that a big chunk of the player base does not care about the leveling zones anymore, but that's a problem Blizzard should solve without selling Azeroth out as a F2P game.

What?
    Man what are you talking about. Wow is already one toxic ass game as is any online game at the moment. Those days are long gone. Fortunately you can avoid all the toxic people in this game very easily, and getting more people into the game is good for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Name me bad sides if they rise level cap to 60? I agree if they rise it above 60 it can create problems for people who farm open world mounts etc. But 60 is ok and optimal. Or you simply butthurting about money?
    I guess you never met the gold spammers?

I don't recognize wow to even have a f2p or trial.

Say you're a new player, trying out wow. You play up to lvl 20 and... then.. what?

It doesnt tell you anything, it doesnt even begin to tell anything.

I'd say _at_least_ let it go to 60, or remove it all together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I guess you never met the gold spammers?
    I quess you never heard what F2P can't see and type in general channels? They only can in /s /p. And how higher level will affect amount of gold spammers? Use logic please.

i think the level 20 is fine for... you know... A TRIAL

you get to sample dungeons, pvp, and basic questing and zones

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They reverted it exactly because the perceived value of sticking to what they had originally planned was no longer worth it.
    If you can convince people to make a shitstorm about the F2P aspect, something most people don't give a flying rats ass about, then by all means, go ahead.

If you don't find the game is worth the money you're paying you unsub, and leave a comment about why. Either they'll change, or they won't. There's no reason to make a fuss on a fansite where literally no one gives a fuck why you unsubbed.

That's how corporations ALWAYS operate. More value for shareholders = more value for the company. That's what they always want.

I do buy things from the cash shop because I find them to be worth the money I pay. The last mount they released is fucking gorgeous and entirely worth the money I spent on it.

And they should make a similar one about a fool and his opinions
    You may not be aware of it (or under a dumb assumption), but there are a lot of F2Ps out there like 19 and 20 twinks. But F2P per se wasn't what I talked about.

Many of those F2P's are exactly the kind of people that don't want to give Blizz any more money, or didn't buy Legion, precisely because they've screwed up the game so much out of sheer greed.

I'm sure thousands of more people would leave than already have if Blizz had to refund xpacs for unhappy customers, say 30 days like so many other products do. That would help keep them honest, but they enjoy the luxury of not having to do it. THAT'S why they get away with what they do. So that's why the "don't like it just leave" BS doesn't work. You can't use the product you already paid for unless you keep paying the sub...or highly restricted F2P.

"That's how corporations ALWAYS operate. More value for shareholders = more value for the company. That's what they always want."

No shit, Sherlock. That's what I said above. But I couldn't give a single rat's ass (and neither should you or any other customer) about Blizz's or any other corp's. profit margins. It's their problem, not ours. Why would you when your interest lies in getting the best value and satisfaction for your money (the exact opposite of a corp's interest)?

P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute." He was right.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Raise the Free 2 Play cap?

As you know you can play WoW for free but only up to level 20 so my question is should that cap be raised to lets say level 100?

I mean if you have bought the xpacs but cant pay the sub wouldnt it be better if blizz allowed the Free 2 play cap to be lets say 1 xpac before?

Most of us would still pay the sub because we want the new content and do the new content but the old content is meaningless so why charge people a monthly fee for it?
    No, pay like everyone else

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, pay like everyone else
    They paid like everyone else when they bought the Battlechest.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Raise the Free 2 Play cap?

As you know you can play WoW for free but only up to level 20 so my question is should that cap be raised to lets say level 100?

I mean if you have bought the xpacs but cant pay the sub wouldnt it be better if blizz allowed the Free 2 play cap to be lets say 1 xpac before?

Most of us would still pay the sub because we want the new content and do the new content but the old content is meaningless so why charge people a monthly fee for it?
    laugh I play free at lvl 110 whats your point? I play free in fact till late 2019 but I aint playing no more anyways. Too bored after 12+years. Its called Wow Tokens. Earn your gold earn your free play time.
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders edition<From Nvidia.com>
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.92 GB RAM usable)
    Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

I agree, while the amount of content available up to level 20 is considerable, I wouldn't say is meaningful enough to really interest players for long term player.

TBH as long as the latest expansion content has to be paid, I don't think there should be more restrictions (save for creating guilds and other managment ones, like cold cap, and restricting trial accounts from trading gold or using C.O.D. overall measures to prevent these accounts from generating in-game gold). I don't think WoW would have infrastructure problems with an influx of new free accounts.

The F2P cap should be 60 because that is Vanilla content. And allows newbies to try out Death Knight content.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Gold spammers couldnt take advantage cause the gold cap is 30g iirc plus you cant trade so they wouldnt be able to fence anything they farm.

Gold farmers use stolen accounts not free trials.

OK i have a ulterior motive for wanting this even though i have active account i have 2 more accounts with level 100 toons and when the gold tokens hit 150k i cant use them. I want to use my other accounts to farm old achieves. Yes ok thats why i did this thread but still does blizz really think people is gonna fork over 15$ a month for a game they just paid for if they still aint sure about the game? Now OK maybe starter accounts IE ones who havent paid for the actual game should have a low cap but what about people who have bought other accounts with real money why should they be gimped to only play toons till 20? After all they paid for all the content in that box its like if they bought COD but couldnt afford to play it after 1 month. Now iam know WOW is a sub game but that sub is for new content not old content and yes i know you will say it costs money to run servers but if that was the case how does all those F2P MMOs exist? Anyway thats my opinion and iam sure i will get aload of blizz accountants and shareholders telling me why this shouldn't be and it will amaze me why so many people will care for Blizz bottom line?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-08-24 at 07:38 AM.

I wish the veteran edition at least went to level 60. The restrictions of the starter edition don't make any sense for those who've already purchased the game and been subscribed in the past. Old players are possibly more likely to resubscribe if they invest 60 levels into a character and there's the added potential of them luring back other players.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Classic WoW up to level 60 should be 100% free to play together with some old expansions since they aren't doing anything with them so far and its dead content, subscription should be for the latest content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They should let freebie players play up to 60 and join guilds, but prevent them from forming one.

Up the gold cap to... 300 and let them receive mail from non-players.

Keep all the other restrictions in place.
    Small gold cap and blocking mail/trade are the two most important "features" for freebies.. It's a major factor in limiting bits and gold sellers..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The whole game should be F2P... They can still sell expansions, heck they could even sell patch tiers (like they do with content dlc in Starcraft 2), but no subscription!

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    The whole game should be F2P... They can still sell expansions, heck they could even sell patch tiers (like they do with content dlc in Starcraft 2), but no subscription!
    No, it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    What difference would it make?
    being able to do anything that's not combat like interacting with guild or exploring or action-housing =P

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    No, game doesn't need to turn into a free microtransaction game.

If you don't want to pay the cheap sub, use gold.

Legion is even on sale now to get people back for 7.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Man what are you talking about. Wow is already one toxic ass game as is any online game at the moment. Those days are long gone. Fortunately you can avoid all the toxic people in this game very easily, and getting more people into the game is good for everyone.
    Getting the right type of people would be good for the game, free to play usually brings in a whole different spectrum of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Small gold cap and blocking mail/trade are the two most important "features" for freebies.. It's a major factor in limiting bits and gold sellers..
    300 is small. And I never said they could send gold or receive it.

NPC's sometimes send players mail after completing quests (There's on in the Draenei area of Bloodmyst isle for example). F2P players can't open their mailbox to get this mail, so they can't do the quest. Same goes for anniversary rewards. They can't open their mailbox to claim them.

That needs to be changed. I'm not asking for them to send/receive mail from players, that WOULD be too much.