Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You are such an ungrateful fuck OP. Blizz showed a fucking amazing Mei animated short, which made me like the character (I am not playing overwatch much, so these shorts are what I use to like chars or not most of the time). They announced Kel'thuzad which has been requested a fuckton of times by the community for Heroes of the storm, I've heard that there was also some hearthstone cinematic kind of thing, good for them, sounds cool! Also 7.3 survival guide was a nice trailer that showed off the new assets added in the patch. Personally, I am excited as someone who hasn't played PTR 7.3 unlike 90% of the ppl here, and are now complaining that they know everything about the new content already. Lol. Such fucking hypocrites. Diablo got nothing, well what do you expect? They've been hiring things recently for diablo, maybe they are just not ready to show something yet. Overwatch map announced, and a sexy short with junkrat and roadhog.

I think they did pretty well. Try to do better, oh wait, you will never manage to OP. Best you can do is beg for a job at your local dumbster most likely. For once, I am grateful they didn't give us only a tiny tease about new expansion because a) it would start making me think of that, instead of the current content and b) everyone will talk to us about how their grandmother has leaked the new expansion out of their wrinkly vagina. Also Diablo, it can wait to get some nice spotlight on blizzcon, same with more heroes for HoTS and Overwatch maps or w/e. Blizzcon is THEIR convention after all, and if what they show there is sad, everyone will be disappointed. I am looking forward to full news of next expansion on blizzcon personally!

The entire Gamescom this year = garbage. Feels fitting that Bundescancer Merkel opened it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Can you imagine getting this mad about something you didn't need to watch
    Not as mad as half the forum attacking the guy personally instead of trying to refute his statement.
    Wait no, that's a different word, oh yeah, pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Seriously what was that? I'm not talking only about WoW but about the whole panel.
    It was quite obviously made just for YOU, to show you to just let go and go out more into the real world and not be stuck behind your monitor so much

I was sad to not see a new expansion unveiling but I loved the two videos they showed for the Shadows of Argus patch. I think it looked absolutely fantastic, actually got me hyped about the patch even though I knew all the info beforehand and have played parts of the patch on the ptr.

Also the Overwatch short alone was worth it imo

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The big announcements belong to Blizzcon and not Gamescom.
    i agree 100% with that too. if they announce anything and every game i hope they do it at their own convention...Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Agreed, it wasn't just useless...it actually was a negative because they over-hyped it claiming a major reveal, and it was next to nothing. So next time they have another major reveal that actually matters, a lot of people are going to pass figuring they are just hyping minor news again.
    This never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I know, why do they even bother giving fans information about their games development? They should just release the games when they're done instead of previewing upcoming content with teasers and trailers. No one would bitch at Blizzard if they did that!
    People would just datamine everything like what already happened months ago...

At least for wow, it feels like Blizzard is late to their own party.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Seriously what was that? I'm not talking only about WoW but about the whole panel.

They went to Gamescom only to show some cartoonish animated short movies for kids. What's the point seriously?

Also 7.3 trailer is terrible. Only Dragon Soul and Trial of Champion trailers were worse.

Besides that, no new Diablo announcement or an update on remakes of older games. Such a missed opportunity.

I'm not an expert but a Gamescom panel cost tons of money and they didn't even announce any major news. So what's the point?
    It is entirely possible that Blizz was going to announce something of significance, but problems arose since they reserved the space.

/shrug It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It is entirely possible that Blizz was going to announce something of significance, but problems arose since they reserved the space.

/shrug It happens.
    No, it doesn't. It really doesn't. You lock in content for shows like this months in advance, when designing the booths and everything else for the show. You don't do that kind of thing at the last minute. They knew months ago, when they booked the space, what they were doing with it. They never had any intention of revealing an expansion - especially when you consider that they'd have had to close off their booth for the first couple days of the show (not happening) to hide the branding for the new expansion, or they would have had to redress the booths, and that's typically not allowed, or a good idea.

Just let it go. Admit you were wrong. There was no expansion reveal planned. It's not personal, even though you're taking it personally, and now are resorting to making fairy stories up to feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    With blizzcon so close its pretty much anticipated to go down with less groundbreaking announcements. This is a pretty odd thing to complain about. But for future reference: don't get overly excited about random gaming events :P

That wasn't a 7.3 "trailer". It was an ingame cinematic.

They went to Gamescom only to show some cartoonish animated short movies for kids. What's the point seriously?

Also 7.3 trailer is terrible. Only Dragon Soul and Trial of Champion trailers were worse.

Besides that, no new Diablo announcement or an update on remakes of older games. Such a missed opportunity.

I'm not an expert but a Gamescom panel cost tons of money and they didn't even announce any major news. So what's the point?
    Thread: Ganker shouldn't make a thread post ever again

On topic, though. Nice opinion, dude.
    I for one loved everything in the panel. Go figure.

This years Gamescom sucked for Blizzard but I wouldn't rule out for them to do better. They did manage to pull a rather good announcement with Legion that held WoD's losses back for a bit longer. I do agree that just revealing Pixar-esque cartoon clips as the majority for their Gamescom announcement is really underwhelming. I don't see the point in them.

The problem is to many leaks, because internet exist and every year is harder keep a secret. We already now everything and blizzard say everything the Monday for the same reason, it was a cool panel for me i like both short and the memes in kelthusad spotlight. we already knew a big announcement like 8.0 or a new diablo game were unlikely .

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This years Gamescom sucked for Blizzard but I wouldn't rule out for them to do better. They did manage to pull a rather good announcement with Legion that held WoD's losses back for a bit longer. I do agree that just revealing Pixar-esque cartoon clips as the majority for their Gamescom announcement is really underwhelming. I don't see the point in them.
    Gamescom isn't an event geared to the Blizzard crowd. It's a showcase of all developers, and so it's better venue to appeal to the wider audiences who may not know what Overwatch is or what's the latest happenings in World of Warcraft. It makes sense to keep the expansion reveals at Blizzcon best they can.

Legion announce, IMO, was a special case mostly because they needed something to announce to keep players interested in WoW. WoD was clearly in decline, so maybe they needed something to reinvigorate the audience's attention and keep them from straying to other MMO's. They could have started putting up together an announcement for August well in advance knowing they'd be running into a content deadzone around the time (which it certainly did). We don't really have that this time around, and 7.3 is a huge content patch that will keep the WoW audience busy until Blizzcon, when the content transitions into maintenance mode and an expo announcement will give people something to look forward to.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-08-23 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I'm pretty sure the people attending also had the opportunity to play all the announced content?

Not to mention all the interacting between visitors and staff. You're literally getting half - IF that - of the experience by watching it online or reading up about it after its finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'm pretty sure the people attending also had the opportunity to play all the announced content?

Not to mention all the interacting between visitors and staff. You're literally getting half - IF that - of the experience by watching it online or reading up about it after its finished.
    It must have been so cool playing wow at gamescom, I mean, its not like I could play that exact same content for a month and a half on the ptr or anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

If they were going to announce next expansion there wouldn't be much hype for 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    If they were going to announce next expansion there wouldn't be much hype for 7.3
    I had hype for 7.3...like 2 months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?