Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    >Piglets were born to be turned into food.
    So, that wasn't my contention

>Would've have died in agony in a fire
    So they wasted time energy and resources, I wonder if some would have the same reaction if they ate someones orphan dog

>Firefighters save piggies!
    You have a fucking funny idea of saved.

>6 months later the pigs are ready to be killed humanely
    Ok so

>Sent to the firefighters, instead of presumably a supermarket/ butchers
    I didn't suggest otherwise in any w

You (insert caps for effect) "firefighters are dick reeee! you're all wrong reeeee!"

Vegans man.
    I am not Vegan, I am recognize how pork is produced, but these fire fighters "rescued" these pigs, not just any pigs, the ones they "saved" were killed regardless to how and then served to them.

Yep they're dicks, I mean shit it be like me going to buy a lobster, and calling it a rescue naming it, then turn around and eating him 6 months fucking later.

The problem per say isn't with consuming lobster, or saving animals, or even how lobster is prepared.

The Issue for me is that to go out of ones way, develop a relationship which involves saving an animal and only to then go ahead and kill it later and have it end up on your dinner plate.

That is an extra special kind of fucked up, especially reporting about it, and kind of being proud of that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I am surprised this has to be explained
    You seem to have missed the next line after what you quoted:
    “This is just what we do – we are not an animal sanctuary. We give the pigs the best opportunity and the best life they could have for six months.
    The pigs were always going to be slaughtered. The only difference is they gave the sausages to the firefighters rather than selling them. So, again, what makes the fire fighters dicks here? They just ate the food they were given. They didn't slaughter the pigs.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2017-08-23 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You seem to have missed the next line after what you quoted:

The pigs were always going to be slaughtered. The only difference is they gave the sausages to the firefighters rather than selling them. So, again, what makes the fire fighters dicks here? They just ate the food they were given.
    No I didn't miss that line I got it, but the point I was isolating was made in the line I quoted. I am saying flat out I don't really give a shit what the farm was there for, they obviously went out of their way to save these fucking pigs, that in and of itself seems rather pointless and stupid to only then be considered Heroic or some shit by being gifted with slaughter of the animals they saved.

Seriously pretty fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Having family that lived on a pig farm, I can tell you that as children my cousins would pick out "their" pig and name it. As a pet sort of thing, but only in the nature that you pay attention to their day to day well-being and kind of remember the history of their life. Gimpy, for instance, was one with a limp that my youngest cousin had named. When it came time for slaughter, Gimpy still got eaten, and they typically kept the named ones to be specially butchered and sent back to the farm family for consumption. Livestock raising is not for the easily attached.
    Any firefighters in your family by any chance?

The Issue for me is that to go out of ones way, develop a relationship which involves saving an animal and only to then go ahead and kill it later and have it end up on your dinner plate.
    They didn't develop any fucking relationship with the pigs. They pulled them out of a burning building. That's where their involvement ends until, 6 months later, they are given the sausages made from those pigs.

Well NO, not especially, since the problem isn't with them eating or consuming meat, as much as it is with the fact these specific animals were rescued by the fire fighters and turned around and made into lunch.

It is what it is, but I am not going to pretend it isn't a dick move because it is, and obviously I am not the only one that agrees, because someone ran a story about it so.
    yeah next time just let the pigs burn alive!!! good thinking mall security ROFL

No I didn't miss that line I got it, but the point I was isolating was made in the line I quoted. I am saying flat out I don't really give a shit what the farm was there for, they obviously went out of their way to save these fucking pigs, that in and of itself seems rather pointless and stupid to only then be considered Heroic or some shit by being gifted with slaughter of the animals they saved.

Seriously pretty fucked up.
    There's nothing fucked up about it. They saved animals that were being raised to eventually be butchered. 6 months later...those animals still get butchered. Should the firefighters have just thrown the sausages away?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    He's just jealous he didn't get that sweet meat all to himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing fucked up about it. They saved animals that were being raised to eventually be butchered. 6 months later...those animals still get butchered. Should the firefighters have just thrown the sausages away?
    I like how you wrote it all out there for me, I don't know maybe they could say thanks but no thanks and went to make a fucking Ham Sandwich made from Piglets they didn't actually save or name if you are some people.

But I guess some people it really gives them some kind of kick or fetish, I just think it's pretty fucked up

they obviously went out of their way to save these fucking pigs
    I'm guessing the fire fighters went there to put out a FIRE and in doing so, rescued some pigs from being burnt alive. I believe they were given the sausages as a gift to say thank you for helping the farmers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Maybe they would have escaped, who knows they are just property, don't go pretending you give a frosty shit about the pain and suffering of a pig if you are behind the idea of knowing the specific pig that you are going eat later slaughtered in whatever fashion you deem more pleasant.

But I guess some people it really gives them some kind of kick or fetish, I just think it's pretty fucked up
    What is the fetish exactly? To eat sausages that you are given as a gift?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Maybe they would have escaped, who knows they are just property, don't go pretending you give a frosty shit about the pain and suffering of a pig if you are behind the idea of knowing the specific pig that you are going eat later slaughtered in whatever fashion you deem more pleasant.
    Only because something is just property doesn't mean you can't care for it.

I care more about my property than about one or the other other human being I've met in my life.

I like how you wrote it all out there for me, I don't know maybe they could say thanks but no thanks and went to make a fucking Ham Sandwich made from Piglets they didn't actually save or name if you are some people.

TIL: Eating Sausages is a fucked up Fetish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    I'm guessing the fire fighters went there to put out a FIRE and in doing so, rescued some pigs from being burnt alive. I believe they were given the sausages as a gift to say thank you for helping the farmers.
    Well ok that could be a fair assessment but here is the thing that isn't exactly what happened, and I can deduce this by more than just reading the article which whom ever reporting obviously ran by those interviewed before printing it.

They saved the pigs, OK great neither here nor there about it, I think it swell they saved the pigs, they were later returned to their owner who gifted them to the firefighters and some kind of yuk yuk, or with I assume some understanding maybe the firefighters would receive it.

Either way on top of that this story ran.

As I said it isn't about what they eat, or the fact they did something nice.

My point is they are dicks because no only did they save pigs they later received as gifts which is fucked up enough they supported this story which means in a pretty fucked up sadistic way, they just like all the people feigning surprise at surprise know exactly how fucked up it is.

Who needs fire fighters at all then? Maybe we should just see if people can escape burning buildings etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-41012135
    Apparently you're not the only one offended by sausages... they ended up removing a picture from their facebook page. Honestly... people being offended by sausages.

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL: Eating Sausages is a fucked up Fetish.
    No eating Sausage after you saved it and in some peoples lives named it then ate it, or in this case you smile for the Cameras especially proud of that fact.

I mean I had a sub with bacon on it, I am not sure it's worth being put in the paper to brag about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Who needs fire fighters at all then? Maybe we should just see if people can escape burning buildings etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-41012135
    Apparently you're not the only one offended by sausages... they ended up removing a picture from their facebook page. Honestly... people being offended by sausages.
    Haha yep, I like how you conflated one issue with another, as for FB so HAHA they knew what they were doing when they agreed to advertised that shit, they aren't fucking innocent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    What is the fetish exactly? To eat sausages that you are given as a gift?
    You can do whatever you want in terms of this because it is perfectly legal, but it's perfectly legal to recognize how fucked up it it is to be proud of it. I had bacon too maybe I am a Hero

Well your point about them maybe escaping was ridiculous and deserved to be ridiculed.

But, having been reared for meat, they were then slaughtered and delivered as sausages to the fire station team, which barbecued them.
    Ms Rivers defended the gift, saying farming is her livelihood and way of life.
    'Inevitable'
    "I gave those animals the best quality of life I could ever give until the time they go to slaughter and they go into the food chain," she said.
    The 18 piglets and two sows "can't be kept as pets" their owner said

My point is they are dicks because no only did they save pigs they later received as gifts which is fucked up enough
    So let's say I lose $50.
    Someone finds my $50
    I give them $10.

Are we genuinely in 'fucked up' territory yet.

they supported this story
    Okay so appreciating meat is fucked up?

which means in a pretty fucked up sadistic way, they just like all the people feigning surprise at surprise know exactly how fucked up it is.
    Okay so making fun of vegans is fucked up.

Wew that was a rollercoaster. You're wrong, making fun of vegans is normal and healthy.

You can do whatever you want in terms of this because it is perfectly legal, but it's perfectly legal to recognize how fucked up it it is to be proud of it. I had bacon too maybe I am a Hero
    Okay so meat is an inappropriate gift to provide to people who save your property from burning down. I will write this down somewhere, thankyou mallsecurity
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2017-08-23 at 08:08 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Only because something is just property doesn't mean you can't care for it.

I care more about my property than about one or the other other human being I've met in my life.
    Well, OK if you say so, I mean your property is not alive it doesn't love you back, and when you drop dead it isn't going to care, and maybe on some level you plan to eat it well ok.

I am not exactly sure where the fuck I am going with this because I am not exactly sure where either of us are at your comment.

I am not exactly sure where the fuck I am going with this
    That much is fucking obvious.