Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Void being a no-no [Spoilers]

With all of the leaders of the Burning Legion taken care of, will there be anyone left to react to the fact that the Burning Legion has begun relying on the Void?

I understand there may be some acceptable overlap in the lore concerning "Shadow-capable" Priests and such, but surely Sargeras himself would be stubborn and punitive if and when it comes to his attention that the Void is being used by his army?

Will he be the only lore character in a position to react to this? Will he be given the opportunity to do so?

I say this because the new dungeon is looking to be heavily purple (which is needed after the green Broken Isles dungeons, for sure) and it seems odd that nobody on Argus of all places says STOP THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by mava View Post
    With all of the leaders of the Burning Legion taken care of, will there be anyone left to react to the fact that the Burning Legion has begun relying on the Void?

I understand there may be some acceptable overlap in the lore concerning "Shadow-capable" Priests and such, but surely Sargeras himself would be stubborn and punitive if and when it comes to his attention that the Void is being used by his army?

Will he be the only lore character in a position to react to this? Will he be given the opportunity to do so?

I say this because the new dungeon is looking to be heavily purple (which is needed after the green Broken Isles dungeons, for sure) and it seems odd that nobody on Argus of all places says STOP THAT.
    'Ragnaros the Firelord is using fire as his element and is the manifestation of flame itself. HOW DARE YOU FIRE MAGES, ELE SHAMANS AND DESTRO LOCKS USE FIRE?! YOU ARE TRAITORS TO THE ALLIANCE AND HORDE' is pretty much what I see from your post.

If your enemies weapons are capable, and you can use them, you might as well do to achieve your goals. The same parallel could be made for warlocks summoning demons/using fel. They are still part of the alliance/horde. Why? because they chose to bind the enemy's power and use it against them.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is stopping Warlocks from summoning Demons either Despite demons/legion being known for 10000+ years.

Demon Hunters use fel and demon souls too obviously.

Also part of the legion also uses Void, Eredar on Broken shore even summon in some void creatures.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-23 at 07:38 PM.

The point is, Sargeras is very very very very much against the void. He wants to eradicate it. He knows what its capable of, OP's point is that he would definitely be against usage of the element, more so from his own army.

Think of them as "Void hunters" if you will.

same as demon hunters use fel to fight fel

The dungeon has nothing to do with the legion. The dungeon and most of Mac'aree is almost all void/Ethereals and void beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    same as demon hunters use fel to fight fel
    I would've thought Sargeras felt Fel was the answer, and that there was no need to harbor void users at all because it brings the void lords closer with every use of void magic

I would've thought Sargeras felt Fel was the answer, and that there was no need to harbor void users at all because it brings the void lords closer with every use of void magic
    did you only thought or its written somewhere to the lore because as you when sargeras created a small avatar and sent him to azeroth
    he was in orange red flames no fel in it I think sargeras is using everything in his grasp to fight the void
    same with some of archimonde and Kil'jaeden magics back in the sunwell and in Warcraft 3 was not considered all fel and some was shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    'Ragnaros the Firelord is using fire as his element and is the manifestation of flame itself. HOW DARE YOU FIRE MAGES, ELE SHAMANS AND DESTRO LOCKS USE FIRE?! YOU ARE TRAITORS TO THE ALLIANCE AND HORDE' is pretty much what I see from your post.

If your enemies weapons are capable, and you can use them, you might as well do to achieve your goals. The same parallel could be made for warlocks summoning demons/using fel. They are still part of the alliance/horde. Why? because they chose to bind the enemy's power and use it against them.
    I don't think this is nearly the same. Shamans know the elements can be tamed.

Sargeras found his answer to the void with fel magic. Chronicles says that the void lords become closer and closer to manifesting as void magic is used, closing the gap between dimensions. I don't think Sarg would have much patience for this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post

The big difference being the fact that fire magic by itself doesn't corrupt its wielder.

Void magic sure the fuck does though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    The big difference being the fact that fire magic by itself doesn't corrupt its wielder.

Void magic sure the fuck does though.
    Then what about Shadow magic for priests, especially void form, or Fel magic and demons for locks? I mean, if a human can do it, surely a demon can harness the power of the void.

Deleted
    Shadow magic itself does not corrupt, it's the voices of whatever beings reside inside the shadow that corrupt. Usually Old Gods.
    In WoD the Arrakoa used shadow without getting corrupted for quite some time. The scroll "The Gods of Arak" says Anzu, for example, was talking with the 'Gods of the Abyss' but found them dull https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Gods_of_Arak
    He was able to use and even live in Shadow without being corrupted, until his corruption came forcefully at the hands of the Sethekk (which in AU the players prevent). Likewise lots of his followers used Shadow without corruption.
    Moira is a shadow priest and at least up to now she doesn't show any corruption. Like many of the other NPCs that you meet while questing in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not the Legion relying on the Void, though. It's the Shadowguard, a faction of Ethereals and Broken that are using the Void, drawing their power from L'ura, a naaru that Kil'jaeden sealed there.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-08-23 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's not the Legion relying on the Void, though. It's the Shadowguard, a faction of Ethereals and Broken that are using the Void, drawing their power from L'ura, a naaru that Kil'jaeden sealed there.
    But HFC had a ton of void too

7+ Year Old Account
    so?
    the legion using shadow magic isnt anything mind blowing.

void is just another cosmic force.
    its not the force itself sargeras fears, its the beings residing in it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Sargeras may see the Void as his primary enemy, but that doesn't mean he is in any way fighting them directly. If this was about fighting the void and being its opposite, he'd be gathering Light-based weaponry, and finding ways to pervert the Light into service of his forces.

What Sargeras is focused on is an indirect effort. His enemy is the Void, but his goal is the destruction of everything in the Great Dark Beyond. For that, he seems willing to see any tool used. Far too many of his forces are using Shadow magic for this to be taboo. However, to the Legion, use of the Void is probably much like how we have Warlocks and Demon Hunters: Sure, it could make you an enemy. But if you manage to stay in control of yourself and fight for our side with that power, it's tolerated. Be the master, not the slave.

Demons seem to take that to heart. We've seen many demons use Shadow, and bind void creatures. But we don't really have many examples of void-crazed demons. Like Horde and Alliance warlocks that go rogue, they are probably eliminated.

As a side note, it also seems like Sargeras informs his forces of very little of his actions and intentions. Examples of demons speaking of the void as an enemy are very rare indeed. And there's many examples of demons being in the wrong. Such as that demon in Azsuna, claiming our Titan gods have abandoned us. It seems only a small circle of demons, on Argus, is actually somewhat in on Sargeras' plans. And the rest are just beasts of war, used for destruction in any way that they like.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-08-23 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    The point is, Sargeras is very very very very much against the void. He wants to eradicate it. He knows what its capable of, OP's point is that he would definitely be against usage of the element, more so from his own army.
    Why? So long as using the Void doesn't reinforce it and they can resist the corruption, I don't see the issue. The Legion aren't some high and mighty Draenei or Night Elves who refuse to stoop to using forbidden magics. They are ruthless and wield whatever tool they think suits the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until recently, Sargeras was stuck in Vanilla WoW when creatures were immune to the spell school they were made of.

15+ Year Old Account
    IIRC, wasn't that one wing where the Legion was trying to create a fel-void amalgamation?

Of course, Sargeras isn't in direct command of those forces either. His was the crusade against the Void, not Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. Most of the demons in the Legion are only in it for the chaos and destruction.