Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Well your point about them maybe escaping was ridiculous and deserved to be ridiculed.
    It could happen man, those pigs might have come together and made a plan. Alright ridicule what I said, it isn't going to change it's rather silly to be proud of the events of this story.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well, OK if you say so, I mean your property is not alive it doesn't love you back, and when you drop dead it isn't going to care, and maybe on some level you plan to eat it well ok.

I am not exactly sure where the fuck I am going with this because I am not exactly sure where either of us are at your comment.
    Uhm, not everyone I meet irl will care about me either, whether or not I'm dead or alive. Same goes for a pig from a pig stable. It's not going to love anyone, it wasn't a house pig. Its purpose was to be consumed as a sausage...

You are a human. You put too much value into animal life.

We should not let it suffer needlessly, but they are there to serve us. Like it, or not. It doesn't matter much.

Why is it any more terrible that the fire fighters ate the sausages than me or you eating the sausages? Should we then apologise to the fire fighters for eating the piglets they saved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That much is fucking obvious.
    Well I am glad you can find comfort in recognizing something spelled out for you.

Yeah these guys are a right bunch of Dicks fire fighters regardless, but I mean it is a pig, they get slaughtered and killed every day, granted not by the very people that were supposed to save it, but in this case it was going to be made into exactly what they turned it into.

Business started x time doing slaughtering and selling meat.
    Barn fired started y time.
    Fire fighters called.
    Fire fighters put out fire, saving livestock and the building / business.
    Business carries on as usual.
    6 months go by, business still carries on as normal, slaughters the life stock at the correct age.
    The product is then gifted to the people who saved the business as a nice gesture.

I'm not seeing why they are a bunch of dicks?

Well I am glad you can find comfort in recognizing something spelled out for you.
    And I'm glad you can at least recognize that you have no idea what you are talking about. Pity that doesn't stop you from actually talking about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    So let's say I lose $50.
    Someone finds my $50
    I give them $10.

Are we genuinely in 'fucked up' territory yet.
    Are you going to eat them and take $50 out of their wallet after?

Okay so appreciating meat is fucked up?
    No not at all, personal preference, I am not a member of ALF or an Animal Rights activist.

Okay so making fun of vegans is fucked up.
    I don't know maybe, seems to be a personal preference however considering if one actually enjoys meat and doesn't like being given a lot of shit about that, it's rather ironic.

Wew that was a rollercoaster. You're wrong, making fun of vegans is normal and healthy.
    Nope, not making fun of anybody except the firefighters maybe.

Okay so meat is an inappropriate gift to provide to people who save your property from burning down. I will write this down somewhere, thankyou mallsecurity

You're welcome but I am sure you aren't going to let that stop you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Uhm, not everyone I meet irl will care about me either, whether or not I'm dead or alive. Same goes for a pig from a pig stable. It's not going to love anyone, it wasn't a house pig. Its purpose was to be consumed as a sausage...

You are a human. You put too much value into animal life.

We should not let it suffer needlessly, but they are there to serve us. Like it, or not. It doesn't matter much.
    I think you have a very strange definition of love or actually developing a bond, bu I am never coming over to your house for dinner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Business started x time doing slaughtering and selling meat.
    Barn fired started y time.
    Fire fighters called.
    Fire fighters put out fire, saving livestock and the building / business.
    Business carries on as usual.
    6 months go by, business still carries on as normal, slaughters the life stock at the correct age.
    The product is then gifted to the people who saved the business as a nice gesture.

I'm not seeing why they are a bunch of dicks?
    Because this is a story and it is a story exactly not because of saving the piggy's it is a story because they are proud of receiving them as gifts after they wasted tax payers time money and effort.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm glad you can at least recognize that you have no idea what you are talking about. Pity that doesn't stop you from actually talking about it.
    Well doesn't stop you, good thing ignore does.

sometimes i wish this site was more like reddit, it would be great to see his -8000 karma and every post of his automatically minimized due to so many down votes LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    uuurm.. dunno how i'd feel about that. Sure pigs get made into sausages regardless if they get saved or not, but I dunno if I'd want to know the sausages I'm eating are the piglets I saved half a year before.

That said.. can you imagine this as a childrens book.
    #boycottchina

I think you have a very strange definition of love or actually developing a bond, bu I am never coming over to your house for dinner.
    Don't worry, I would never invite you in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, I would never invite you in the first place.
    That is the nicest thing you have ever said to me

Because this is a story and it is a story exactly not because of saving the piggy's it is a story because they are proud of receiving them as gifts after they wasted tax payers time money and effort.
    How did they waste tax payers' time, money and effort? None of my time was wasted when they saved the pigs and put out the fire. I'm glad my money is being used to put out fires and in so doing, saving some pigs. They were putting the fire out anyway, no extra effort would have been used to rescue these pigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    sometimes i wish this site was more like reddit, it would be great to see his -8000 karma and every post of his automatically minimized due to so many down votes LOL
    So suddenly you aren't for freedom of speech unless it concerns Nazi's LMFAO!

That is the nicest thing you have ever said to me
    Well I've got lots of love to share today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    How did they waste tax payers' time, money and effort? None of my time was wasted when they saved the pigs and put out the fire. I'm glad my money is being used to put out fires and in so doing, saving some pigs. They were putting the fire out anyway, no extra effort would have been used to rescue these pigs.
    Well they spent time saving piglets, according to them, typically insurance covers property loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I've got lots of love to share today.
    Remember that thing I said about property not loving you back, you could apply that to more than property.

Remember that thing I said about property not loving you back, you could apply that to more than property.
    Baby don't hurt me

10+ Year Old Account
    Baby don't hurt me
    Never, you are the apple of my eye.

So suddenly you aren't for freedom of speech unless it concerns Nazi's LMFAO!
    what? nothing would be deleted or restricted? lol quit making shit up

Well they spent time saving piglets, according to them, typically insurance covers property loss.
    They spent time putting out a fire, that's their job. Rescuing animals can also be part of a fire fighter's job, they did both at the same time. Stopping a building being burnt down / a fire spreading to other buildings is definitely worth tax payers' money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well NO, not especially, since the problem isn't with them eating or consuming meat, as much as it is with the fact these specific animals were rescued by the fire fighters and turned around and made into lunch.

It is what it is, but I am not going to pretend it isn't a dick move because it is, and obviously I am not the only one that agrees, because someone ran a story about it so.
    What, exactly, is your issue, here?

The firefighters saved the farmer's property when there was a fire. That property included the piglets. Doing so is literally their job.
    The piglets were always going to be raised and slaughtered.
    The farmer continued to raise them, and slaughtered them as was planned. And gave the sausages to the firefighters as thanks. Which he'd promised to do back when they rescued him. This was the farmer's way of thanking the firefighters.
    The news picked it up because this particular journalist is a fan of clickbait; check their other articles.

So what is your problem, that the firefighters did their job?
    That animals are raised for slaughter?
    That people eat meat?
    That the farmer was thankful and donated to the firefighters?
    That this one journalist is a bit of an ass?