Hackers are being lazy af. Its wednesday and still no leak? You better get to work, hackers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    how would you post that but not:
    Lol, that is so wrong.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    They released the runtime for the season's finale: Almost 80 minutes. It's going to be epic.
    Going 30 min or recaps and promos for other HBO shows.

When GoT ends were going to find out it was all just a park in Westworld

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    The funny part of all this is that multiple people have been doing the math on the ravens, dragons and ice forming speeds what whatnot and it isn’t that farfetched as people are claiming it to be… honestly it seems that a lot of this outrage actually comes from people being unable to keep up with the time skips, every time a character crosses over a large distance between 2 scenes instead of assuming a large amount of time has passed between them, they just go for the “zomg teleport kek!”.
    NewRockstars (which i highly recommend people watch). Said they did some math. The timelines range from questionable to absurd depending on what distance we use between Dragonstone & Eastwatch + the distance Gendry had to cover + the time of day we estimate the fighting began.

Like they literally calculated the speed of ravens + a pterosaur that had a similar wingspan of the GoT dragons. But fwiw most people assume the dragons are far faster than this pterosaur was.

15:25 on:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    You know. I'm surprised the Nights King didn't put his hand on the ground and the dragon slowly bursts out of it, revealing its been turned. It would stop all these bitches whining about the chains. And it'd be cool for him to use some magic and shit. Hell. He could've put out his arms like at hardhome and resurrected it that way!
    But then they'd be accused of pulling a Sindragosa!

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yup, the issue is that it all rides on rough estimates (am I using the damn word correctly?)

Is it realistic? Hell no, the directors already even admitted it:

http://screenrant.com/game-of-throne...wall-timeline/

Is it that absurd? As you said it all depends on data that no one really has… on the best case scenario, it’s still doubtful, highly convenient indeed but nothing really that insane.

I would rather question myself how did they survive what could go from 2 up to 4 days without even getting screwed over by frostbite, or why didn’t the zombie ass king didn’t spear them up considering his pretty good aim during all that time =P
    Yeah it's something you have to get over. Problem is, everyone has a laser focus on these technicalities in Season 7, for many reasons. People hear rumors that the show is going downhill, and just pile on the problems they have.

By far the most ridiculous complaint is these fucking chains and "HURR DURR IS THERE A HOME DEPOT NEAR EASTWATCH OR SOMMIN?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    But then they'd be accused of pulling a Sindragosa!
    Didn't keep them from reprising the Kel'thuzad encounter.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

The complains are getting more ridiculous each day, I swear. A whole week of same talk again and again and again. Yes it was worth discussing the first few days but it this point you are all just rubbing in this shit and I ask what for? What are you expecting from dragging this topic more and more? Its not like they are going to go back in time and record it differently. Critical opinions are valuable, but its just repeating the same stuff at least the last 5 pages. I visit the forum, see new posts are here, am ready to read some interesting things, but then I realize its still same shit. Can we just let it go (its been talked to death, we get your point) and focus on other things? Pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The complains are getting more ridiculous each day, I swear. A whole week of same talk again and again and again. Yes it was worth discussing the first few days but it this point you are all just rubbing in this shit and I ask what for? What are you expecting from dragging this topic more and more? Its not like they are going to go back in time and record it differently. Critical opinions are valuable, but its just repeating the same stuff at least the last 5 pages. I visit the forum, see new posts are here, am ready to read some interesting things, but then I realize its still same shit. Can we just let it go (its been talked to death, we get your point) and focus on other things? Pretty please.
    Stay away from RedTeamReview on Youtube. They talk soooooo much shit. Some of it is valid, but alot is just unjustified whining or ridiculous suggestions on how to improve the show, like killing major characters out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Going 30 min or recaps and promos for other HBO shows.

When GoT ends were going to find out it was all just a park in Westworld
    It's the net runtime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Stay away from RedTeamReview on Youtube. They talk soooooo much shit. Some of it is valid, but alot is just unjustified whining or ridiculous suggestions on how to improve the show, like killing major characters out of nowhere.
    Glad I'm not the only one who hate them

NewRockstars (which i highly recommend people watch). Said they did some math. The timelines range from questionable to absurd depending on what distance we use between Dragonstone & Eastwatch
    Aah yes, math based on maps that keep changing every time (even the intro trailer changed during this season), fully assuming(guessing, making up) fly-speed of dragons, ravens and distance between places
    O NO ITS NOT REALISTIC!!

Meanwhile we have a young blond chick riding dragons she hatched by walking into fire with them, a teen that got stabbed 13 times in the chest running around, a small girl that can change faces at will and a giant army of The Walking Dead extras standing behind a 500feet high wall of ice.

Lets complain about the flyspeed of a bird!

NewRockstars (which i highly recommend people watch). Said they did some math. The timelines range from questionable to absurd depending on what distance we use between Dragonstone & Eastwatch + the distance Gendry had to cover + the time of day we estimate the fighting began.

Like they literally calculated the speed of ravens + a pterosaur that had a similar wingspan of the GoT dragons. But fwiw most people assume the dragons are far faster than this pterosaur was.

I don't get all the issues people have. Westeros is basically the size of a larger country, no? Considering dragons can fly upwards to some 300+km/h based on their size I'd recon they could cover huge swaths of Westeros within a few mere hours.

And birds while being slower certainly aren't turtles either.

We've seen much worse from Littlefinger in the past seasons for this to be considered a huge fuckup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post

Holy mother of shits, this was amazing.
    It was good...but makes me think, holy crap Rhaegar Targaryen was a total idiot...he should have had Arthur Dayne n the rest of the elite kings guard with him, Arthur would have destroyed Robert, ended the rebellion and there would have been no need to babysit Jon in Dorne..

Rhaegar without Arthur is like Daenerys without a dragon, give up your best weapon is foolish...

Jon knows nothing because Rhaegar knows nothing..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-08-23 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Hackers are being lazy af. Its wednesday and still no leak? You better get to work, hackers!
    They didn't hack anything last week Hbo released it early, probably intentionally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't get all the issues people have. Westeros is basically the size of a larger country, no? Considering dragons can fly upwards to some 300+km/h based on their size I'd recon they could cover huge swaths of Westeros within a few mere hours.

And birds while being slower certainly aren't turtles either.

We've seen much worse from Littlefinger in the past seasons for this to be considered a huge fuckup.
    Dragons do more than 400kph based on loot train time stamps and the estimated speed of a of horse built for speed charging down hill.

Yeah it's something you have to get over. Problem is, everyone has a laser focus on these technicalities in Season 7, for many reasons. People hear rumors that the show is going downhill, and just pile on the problems they have.

By far the most ridiculous complaint is these fucking chains and "HURR DURR IS THERE A HOME DEPOT NEAR EASTWATCH OR SOMMIN?"
    The reason why people complain about those things is simply because the books and in the first seasons that followed the book rather closely pay close attention to those details.
    Those inconsistencies exist in most fantasy fictions, in the books or any adaptions (eagles in lotr say hello, or when Buffy doesn't believe someone from the gang that he saw something suspicious in season four when they should realized by now that everything is possible in their universe), and sure, you can hop through some loops to try to explain them, but actually they are just bad writing.

Just imagine the whole dragon converting scene written in the books, how detailed he would be about obtaining and attaching the chains.

That doesn't mean that the current fast paced plot is not entertaining, or even better suited for a tv show. But it's simply different.

They were backtracking after Thoros got bit and were right next to the wall right?, and that they were probably on the island for quite a while, not just one day as they had thoros as a campfire a Jorah mentions they were still about to start freezing to death soon, some people need to pay attention.

Westerosi ravens are faster noticeably faster than carrier pigeons per the books

Most ravens will eat grain, but they prefer flesh. It makes them strong, and I fear they relish the taste of blood. In that they are like men ... and like men, not all ravens are alike. Doves and pigeons can also be trained to carry messages, though the raven is a stronger flyer, larger, bolder, far more clever, better able to defend itself against hawks ... yet ravens are black, and they eat the dead, so some godly men abhor them.[6]
    Meaning they probably fly around ~70-80+ mph Drogon fly's at least 250 mph as seen in the loot train, i actually did the math, i can dust it off for you.

People really need to stop posting articles and videos when they don't know what they are talking about, its this seasons sansa rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Dragons do more than 400kph based on loot train time stamps and the estimated speed of a of horse built for speed charging down hill.
    Considering their size is equal to a passenger jet I don't have any doubt that they can swing across Westeros in a couple of hours. If people have a time issue here, it must not be with Dany arriving as fast, but the raven getting to Dany. That I can give them... but then again who the fuck knows what kind of ravens they're using...?

If only they made them wait for TWO days on that ice thing, almost freezing to death before she arrives. This rather pointless discussion could have been avoided.

It's something implausible (the speed at which everything happened) on top of something impossible (them being able to survive on the frozen lake for any amount of time) on top of something stupid (the whole mission).

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It's something implausible (the speed at which everything happened) on top of something impossible (them being able to survive on the frozen lake for any amount of time) on top of something stupid (the whole mission).
    Why? I've re-watched the episode twice now and with that particular point I see no issue(s). The wall isn't that far away from where they are. Gendry took almost the whole night to reach the wall, it took the whole night + some more time the next day for the raven to arrive at Dany's place and it took another few hours for Dany to arrive on dragons capable of immense speeds.

It didn't happen within 20 minutes for heavens sake. Think about the details please before you just adopt the REEEE approach from others.

Also, why wouldn't they be able to survive on top of that lake? It's not like they came without thick clothes and reserves.... plus they were kinda already at their limits when Dany arrives. Sure, deus ex - but still the show is dawning, the end is neigh. We have 7 episodes left until the end of Thrones. At some point the story needs to be wrapped up and we're only left with the big characters right now.

Thrones was never interesting because you'd have to see people die, but because nobody is safe. That is not equal to everyone must die. We still have another episode left for someone "important" to die, too. Implying Viserion wasn't important.... lol