Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like an amazing patch. Almost everything I've been wanting them to do with the game.

10/10 Ironic thread because you've just been spewing shit on the forums for years. Truly dedicated to his craft; being retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You don't perpetuate a game getting "good again" by heaping unjustified criticism at the game and the developers and then offering NO suggestions for how you think the game could be improved.

And if the argument comes down to "oh i don't like that there is no-flying in the patch" or "I hate green" or any number of the other common criticisms of the game then quite frankly, maybe they should stay away. Expansions will always have themes. In WotLK it was icy, cold, undead, in Cataclysm it was world shattering, earth, fire, air, water, elements, in MoP it was panda bears and hop scotch and asian themes.. you get the picture?
    I know it's just awful awful. It's just terrible that sometimes companies make something people don't like and how they just curl up in a ball in the corner and never offer anything for sale again.

No, im actually agreeing with everyone who is supporting and being positive about the patch, which there are many. I'm just sad to see so many toxic bile posts that have no substance other than to bash the game and the players playing it.
    I'm sure you are but are you doing that becuase you care or just to irritate people, thats what I'm asking.
    Or well, I know the answer to that myself so don't bother...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm sure you are but are you doing that becuase you care or just to irritate people, thats what I'm asking.
    Or well, I know the answer to that myself so don't bother...
    You're making any support of the game to be some bad, evil thing, as if the game is not deserving of praise at any time.

So let me ask you, when should I support, or dislike the game? When YOU see fit? Why am i demonized when my opinion differs from yours? Is your opinion somehow better than mine?

You're making any support of the game to be some bad, evil thing, as if the game is not deserving of praise at any time.

So let me ask you, when should I support, or dislike the game? When YOU see fit? Why am i demonized when my opinion differs from yours? Is your opinion somehow better than mine?
    Your opinion is that all praise of the game is good and any negative comment is bad, regardless of any objective evaluation of the opinion.

That's why it's demonized. That and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Your opinion is that all praise of the game is good and any negative comment is bad, regardless of any objective evaluation of the opinion.

He never said that at all lol. He said the toxic bile was unacceptable. I don't think @Jaylock ever said that people aren't allowed to be critical of a game.

And I agree. What is the point of throwing toxic hatred of a game around? If you are going to be critical of a game then be constructive about it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-23 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I dunno, man. Why were you here during MoP spouting "nothing but toxic bile" while still being on this fan site?
    a) i still played the game during that time, and I was still a fan of WoW during that time.

b) I think my dislike of MoP was made very clear in that the theme didn't fit WoW as a whole. Raids were shit because the theme was off putting from what WoW is supposed to be (dungeons and dragons in medieval times). The seige of orgrimmar was cool only in the sense we got to put the horde in their place, and their fascist leader Garrosh. But other than that, it was just another rehashed POS raid.

c) i thought the troll lore was alright, but bringing in completely unknown forces that they trumped up to be world ending threats (the Mogu) was just plain retarded

so yeah, i gave my opinions of MoP during that time, but I didn't constantly "spout nothing but toxic bile" every day on the forums. I spoke my peace and moved on. People here and now just sit here and shit in every thread praising the game.

Thankfully WoW moved on from the trash heap that was MoP, and now I like the game even better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... "menu hopping"...?

So you just look at menus and don't go into the world? Because that's the only way you could sit and with a straight face try to claim that Broken Isles hasn't been alive with people out and doing stuff since the start...

And since that seems to be the case, I can just place the following diagnosis: It's a you problem, you're unable to see the forest for all the trees.
    you seem people in passing, but there is no interaction social or otherwise and likely will never see that person again due to sharding or what have you. You use to know who the big dogs on the server was, you knew the trolls (beyond the city chat spammers), the ninjas, ect. Server forums is great case study for this, they used to be active with random chit chat, trash talk, ect. Now they are just recruitment spam.

Sure it may be a "me" problem, except i've had similar talks with many a people who feel the same way.

Why come to a fan-site to rip on people who like the game and the game developers themselves?
    Because, although they now hate WoW, they haven't actually found a better game to spend their time playing, so they waste it whining here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I don't know, man, this patch looks nice, but it is exactly like 7.2.

Just more AK, more ways to buff us with relics, nothing unique and actually new.
    New raid new dungeon new zone... but hey they are all the same pixels right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

But thats RARELY the case. People don't come into threads offering constructive criticism, its largely and mostly just toxic one liners meant to shit on the game and the players playing it.

If a player said: "hey i didn't like the new in-game cinematic because of xyz reason, and i think they could have done xyz to make it better" then yes that would be perfectly fine criticism.

But look through all the threads and posts of people shitting on 7.3, do you see anything constructive from the toxic negative people? Maybe a pin in a hey stack at best.

Not at all, most of us are here becuase we like WoW.
    You however, are a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not at all, most of us are here becuase we like WoW.
    You however, are a troll.
    And you are a very rude person. Sorry but it has to be said. If I get an infraction I don't care.

All you do is stalk @Jaylock and call him "troll" consistently. Do something more with your life instead of stalking him on the forums. We get it you don't like someone. Give it a bloody rest already.

/rant over.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-23 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    menu hopping for daily quests isn't a living world, its just a glorified menu.
    One of the most popular PVP mmorpgs(EVE online) is nothing but glorified menus. I'm not sure what point it is you're trying to make, but be aware that just because you don't play in a particular way doesn't automatically mean it's an invalid way to play.

- - - Updated - - -

But thats RARELY the case. People don't come into threads offering constructive criticism, its largely and mostly just toxic one liners meant to shit on the game and the players playing it.
    It's not rare at all. It's just that the constructive criticism gets ignored, and people generally only respond to the people spewing garbage....you know...exactly like you did with this thread.

The problem is that whenever someone tries to give good, solid feedback, they're called whiners, or accused of blowing the problems out of proportion by superfans and apologists. So don't try to pretend that this is some one-sided issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And you are a very rude person. Sorry but it has to be said. If I get an infraction I don't care.

All you do is stalk @Jaylock and call him "troll" consistently. Do something more with your life instead of stalking him on the forums. We get it you don't like someone. Give it a bloody rest already.

/rant over.
    Now, thats a bit harsh. It was probably moths since I last called him out for being a troll.
    Stalking though? Nah.

Argus looks dope, but they can all still get hit by a bus of aids because of legendaries as far as I'm concerned.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's seriously sad that so many people are stalking their ex-girlfriend (WoW) and come here with nothing but toxic bile and ridicule anyone who might be enjoying the game.

Why come to a fan-site to rip on people who like the game and the game developers themselves?

This patch preview really hyped me up and i'm excited to start playing and enjoying patch 7.3 now more than ever before.

Simple question to all former players shitting on the patch details: Why waste your time an energy spewing your negativity all over the forums especially if you aren't playing or going to play the game?

Oh man I totallllllllllly agree with you. Like.... People stop playing- ok,I get it,I don't care. But they come HERE and type about the game they haven't played in some time,probably most of them freaking casuals stuck on LFR or Non rated PvP and probably clicking half of their spells,whining and being egoistical as hell about Blizzard's changes. It makes me vomit really ;'D Anyway, 7.3 announcment hyped me up too,the cinematic was okay,can't wait for Wednesday!!!! Much love

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    One of the most popular PVP mmorpgs(EVE online) is nothing but glorified menus. I'm not sure what point it is you're trying to make, but be aware that just because you don't play in a particular way doesn't automatically mean it's an invalid way to play.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not rare at all. It's just that the constructive criticism gets ignored, and people generally only respond to the people spewing garbage....you know...exactly like you did with this thread.

The problem is that whenever someone tries to give good, solid feedback, they're called whiners, or accused of blowing the problems out of proportion by superfans and apologists. So don't try to pretend that this is some one-sided issue.
    When you are a consumer of anything, good solid, feedback can consist of nothing more than "i don't like this and won't it again or anymore". It is not incumbent on consumers to explain to a company why they don't like something nor do they need a good reason. To say "i don't like wow without flying" is a perfectly valid and constructive criticism - you don't need to go into esoterica about "design intentions" or "approaching content" or any of the other navel gazing nonsense to accept it as a fact. I don't like X stands on it's own and if you're a company selling something all the explaining away isn't going to sell more product to customers who don't like X.

MMOs have a bit of an advantage in that players will tolerate what they don't like due to sunk cost and time investment but this in no way means that at any given point X not being liked isn't going to result in one fewer customer.

In the case of a trailer that most people won't see, I don't see liking or not liking it or criticizing it or jacking off to it making a dime's worth of difference in Blizzard's bottom line. In general though, when people have a complaint, it's part of a continuum of decision-making that ultimately results in people quitting and I'd say that the things people complain about that result in quitting tend towards those that waste people's time like shitty travel and flagrant time gating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow a Jaylock thread that I actually agree on, well said buddy.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...