Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viconia View Post
    No, they are not nazis. Jumping to such conclusions so easily is a real problem among the left.
    They are just like them, though. See October 1970. They went for the same race purification mindset, but with their backwards retarded excuse of a french culture. If anything, they should've called it "race corruption", but hey, who am I to judge?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    They are just like them, though. See October 1970. They went for the same race purification mindset, but with their backwards retarded excuse of a french culture. If anything, they should've called it "race corruption", but hey, who am I to judge?
    I would like to add my 2 cents without going with a racist and uneducated comment as per the quote comment.

In Oct 1970 there was an extremist separatist group (very small amount of people) who were flagged as terrorists (with reasons) as their used a British Ambassador as ransom (and killed by accident-ish). Everyone condemned this (be it the separatist or the federalist).
    In no way in the separation debate (that is slowing/diying out over time) a question of race purification. It was always as a way to preserve the french culture in Canada.

Do I agree with separatism? Nope. Never will vote for it. However calling Quebeckers terrorists is (as a Canadian) unacceptable and pure racist that is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Saluna; 2017-08-23 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It can be moved to a museum if enough of the town's inhabitants want it so. Otherwise Mr Fleischer can stfu. He's a dick in any case for trying to paint over it without sanction.
    Or they can just rename the park "... and Outdoor Museum" and the item in question will be in a museum and all the pointless complaining can stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    I would like to add my 2 cents without going with a racist and uneducated comment as per the quote comment.

In Oct 1970 there was an extremist separatist group (very small amount of people) who were flagged as terrorists (with reasons) as their used a British Ambassador as ransom (and killed by accident-ish). Everyone condemned this (be it the separatist or the federalist).
    In no way in the separation debate (that is slowing/diying out over time) a question of race purification. It was always as a way to preserve the french culture in Canada.

Do I agree with separatism? Nope. Never will vote for it. However calling Quebeckers terrorists is (as a Canadian) unacceptable and pure racist that is unacceptable.
    Oh please, spare me the platitudes!

Calling out people for their actions is not racism. It would've been people from western canada, the US, or anywhere else, they would've got the same flack. Go back to your safe space, snowflake!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please, spare me the platitudes!

Calling out people for their actions is not racism. It would've been people from western canada, the US, or anywhere else, they would've got the same flack. Go back to your safe space, snowflake!
    I would not call the whole US or Western Canada or any full province, state being terrorists when it's only a small group of individuals who did this.

Are all the Americans Neo-Nazi after the Charlotteville event? Nope. Only those at that rally. Same thing here.

I would not call the whole US or Western Canada or any full province, state being terrorists when it's only a small group of individuals who did this.

Are all the Americans Neo-Nazi after the Charlotteville event? Nope. Only those at that rally. Same thing here.
    You wouldn't. That's on you.
    How about you stop shoving your rhetoric down people's throats? It only makes us want to puke.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You wouldn't. That's on you.
    How about you stop shoving your rhetoric down people's throats? It only makes us want to puke.
    You mean : You

You mean : You
    Nice red herrig. Not working.
    Answer the question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Adding a plaque seems like a good compromise, so people know it's not just random graffiti.

Vigilante justice... this guy is just vandalizing. Put a sign up to clarify its meaning and the problem should be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Oppose politics all you want, but leave history out of it. For the record, those people clamoring for removal of confederate things in the south are fucking retards.
    On one hand we have one very old curiosity with a symbol on it who's meaning has changed over time.

On the other hand we have tonnes of statues erected during an extremely racist period of American history.

TOTALLY ALIKE!

Confederate statues should be removed because they were put up expressly to oppress black Americans. They didn't serve any different function back then, they don't serve a different function now.

I love visiting museums and art galleries. I also love seeing statues and interesting architecture tired to past periods. I'd very much like to see such things preserved instead of destroyed or removed due to the delicate sensibilities of those who cannot appreciate the nuances of history. Erasing everything to do with a particular period in history also risks future generations not learning from it.

If the townspeople want to keep it there (by popular vote/opinion), let them. Nothing wrong with a rock and some symbol, they can keep it or remove it as they see fit.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It can be moved to a museum if enough of the town's inhabitants want it so. Otherwise Mr Fleischer can stfu.
    That's basically my stance on it too. If the majority of people there want it to be moved, sure - until then, leave it as it.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    remove it and put it in the museum, thats it

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should be the townspeople choice what to do with it, thou they might wanna move to a museum cause I can just see some "sjw" from out of town coming to trash it now that's it's been in the paper

10+ Year Old Account
    A: it's their town, they can do what they want.
    B: it has historical significance. If you're fucking offended by it, don't fucking look at it.
    C: If ISIS is currently in the process of annihilating ancient artifacts of historical significance because they find it offensive, regardless of what historical significance is has, do you really want to be like ISIS?

As the saying goes, "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." You destroy the historical artifacts, and people forget. History repeats itself. Stupid move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it wasnt found until 1980 and then...in 1980 decided it needed a place in a public park? Seems very odd to me. Why 40 years after the war do you decide to put something like that in a place like that....either the relic has historical value and should be preserved regardless of the source and reasoning......or it doesnt have value so who cares if we keep it or get rid of it.....but why dig up a piece of your enemies hardware 40 years later and decide it needs to go on permanent display without context?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Just put a plaque explaining the context for why it's there. Having random swastikas in parks with no context is obviously going to upset some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    A: it's their town, they can do what they want.
    B: it has historical significance. If you're fucking offended by it, don't fucking look at it.
    C: If ISIS is currently in the process of annihilating ancient artifacts of historical significance because they find it offensive, regardless of what historical significance is has, do you really want to be like ISIS?

As the saying goes, "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it." You destroy the historical artifacts, and people forget. History repeats itself. Stupid move.
    So you would be totally cool with painting an isis flag in the park and defending its historical value then...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof