I looked at the map in one of the books of the area beyond the wall, and I was reminded of the cute little fact that the entire area in front of the wall is covered by the Haunted Forest for a good chunk.

They are both powerful attractive leaders in their 20, Jon has his whole broody thing and mystery of the knife in the heart, on top of that relative who don't know each other and meet later life can develope strong sexual attraction,

People tend to select mates who are like themselves, which is known as assortative mating. This holds both for physical appearances and mental traits. People commonly rank faces similar to their own as more attractive, trustworthy, etc. than average.[3] However, Bereczkei (2004) attributes this in part to childhood imprinting on the opposite-sex parent. As for mental traits, one study found a correlation of 0.403 between husbands and wives, with husbands averaging about 2 IQ points higher. The study also reported a correlation of 0.233 for extraversion and 0.235 for inconsistency (using Eysenck's Personality Inventory). A review of many previous studies found these numbers to be quite common.[4]

Heredity produces substantial physical and mental similarity between close relatives. Shared interests and personality traits are commonly considered desirable in a mate. The heritability of these qualities is a matter of debate but estimates are that IQ is about 80% heritable, and the big five personality factors are about 50% heritable. These data are for adults in Western countries.[5]

For the above reasons, genetic sexual attraction is presumed to occur as a consequence of genetic relatives meeting as adults, typically as a consequence of adoption. Although this is a rare consequence of adoptive reunions, the large number of adoptive reunions in recent years means that a larger number of people are affected.[6] If a sexual relationship is entered, it is known as incest.
    If it makes sense logically I don't get how doesn't work for you personally i mean i know the new hip thing is to hate the show but we have established there is nothing logically wrong with the timing in the episode, so im not sure why you have a problem with it, other than you want it like 24 where it gives you a countdown clock at the start of every scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who hate them
    Yeah I listen to them because i crave GoT content each week, but they're the last guys I go to

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Aah yes, math based on maps that keep changing every time (even the intro trailer changed during this season), fully assuming(guessing, making up) fly-speed of dragons, ravens and distance between places
    O NO ITS NOT REALISTIC!!

Meanwhile we have a young blond chick riding dragons she hatched by walking into fire with them, a teen that got stabbed 13 times in the chest running around, a small girl that can change faces at will and a giant army of The Walking Dead extras standing behind a 500feet high wall of ice.

Lets complain about the flyspeed of a bird!

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't get all the issues people have. Westeros is basically the size of a larger country, no? Considering dragons can fly upwards to some 300+km/h based on their size I'd recon they could cover huge swaths of Westeros within a few mere hours.

And birds while being slower certainly aren't turtles either.

We've seen much worse from Littlefinger in the past seasons for this to be considered a huge fuckup.
    Totally, it's the vocal minority that nitpicking the shit outta the show. I can admit there's been a slight drop in depth and some questionable plotlines (like sending your best fighters to capture a wight). But complaining about chains is mental

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The reason why people complain about those things is simply because the books and in the first seasons that followed the book rather closely pay close attention to those details.
    Yeah I get being let down by these inconsistencies, and I'm mildly annoyed at the deus ex machina, but it's not spoiling my enjoyment of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    They were backtracking after Thoros got bit and were right next to the wall right?, and that they were probably on the island for quite a while, not just one day as they had thoros as a campfire a Jorah mentions they were still about to start freezing to death soon, some people need to pay attention.

Westerosi ravens are faster noticeably faster than carrier pigeons per the books

Meaning they probably fly around ~70-80+ mph Drogon fly's at least 250 mph as seen in the loot train, i actually did the math, i can dust it off for you.

People really need to stop posting articles and videos when they don't know what they are talking about, its this seasons sansa rape.
    Ah well there you go, because people have been using the speed of IRL ravens, which is like 50 mph I think. So faster than IRL pigeons is quite fast and changes everything.

But yeah, they were very close to where the Night King was created. I'm not sure where exactly that is on the Westeros map.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I looked at the map in one of the books of the area beyond the wall, and I was reminded of the cute little fact that the entire area in front of the wall is covered by the Haunted Forest for a good chunk.
    Gendry ran around the forest. He has magical cardio from rowing for 3 seasons and being a baratheon. You should know this, its a fantasy show.

don't be so nit picky it all makes sense when you want it too

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Gendry ran around the forest. He has magical cardio from rowing for 3 seasons and being a baratheon. You should know this, its a fantasy show.

don't be so nit picky it all makes sense when you want it too
    The last sentence is true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The last sentence is true.
    but but dragons...and zombies...and fire!!! stuff doesnt need to make sense!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Yeah I listen to them because i crave GoT content each week, but they're the last guys I go to

Totally, it's the vocal minority that nitpicking the shit outta the show. I can admit there's been a slight drop in depth and some questionable plotlines (like sending your best fighters to capture a wight). But complaining about chains is mental

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I get being let down by these inconsistencies, and I'm mildly annoyed at the deus ex machina, but it's not spoiling my enjoyment of the show.

Ah well there you go, because people have been using the speed of IRL ravens, which is like 50 mph I think. So faster than IRL pigeons is quite fast and changes everything.

But yeah, they were very close to where the Night King was created. I'm not sure where exactly that is on the Westeros map.
    The area where the night king was created was near where the wight bear was, they wen't back after the geography of the area the ambush the wight is the exact same as the area they pass in the start of the the episode, so they backtracked.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-23 at 10:25 PM.

I cant rewatch the dany/jon Bed scene without cringing or laughing. It was awefully bad fanservice.

Shame because Jon actually had a nice speech this season when he was talking about Danys dragons and maybe she can do the impossible. So they CAN do good writing this season.
    Really? I thought it was fine.

The area where the night king was created was near where the wight bear was, they wen't back after the geography of the area the ambush the wight is the exact same as the area they pass in the start of the the episode, so they backtracked.
    Oh they were in whiteout conditions during the bear scene, I couldnt tell.

Oh they were in whiteout conditions during the bear scene, I couldnt tell.
    They see the mountain right before the wight bear scene, so they were in the general area.

7+ Year Old Account
    The bit when she flips to angry talking about killing the night king is bad acting.

The line "No not dany then....how about my queen" gets me every time, really feels like twilight level writing.

holding hands TWO times

Jon being shirtless while they just stare at each other, it was lighting speed service

There is a sense of time, there is nothing wrong about gendry running to the wall or the raven flight. we have already established this, stop bying into the shit websites are trying to feed you, this is the whole sansa rape controversy 2.0.
    Too bad the Director doesnt agree, “We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety. “We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments."

Even he admits they did a poor job conveying how long they were there and that, yeh pretty much seems like one night.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The bit when she flips to angry talking about killing the night king is bad acting.

The line "No not dany then....how about my queen" gets me every time, really feels like twilight level writing.

holding hands TWO times

Jon being shirtless while they just stare at each other, it was lighting speed service
    oh idk, i thought that was perfectly in her character. Even when shes saddened she has that fiery vengeance in her attitude.

Holding hands twice - if you look at it from a writer's POV, First jon grabs her hand expecting her to be distressed about Viserion, then she lets go and then she grabs his hand because she realizes she actually does need comfort.

The staring was just him trying to read how she felt towards him. Plus him being shirtless, they had to take his freezing clothes off, maybe they went to grab more clothes? It could have been better but I don't think it was bad.

Anyways - you see how easy it is to get into these debates about the small things, lol.

link the whole quote.............

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety. “We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”
    He has a point, they are on/near the arctic circle, in winter, they would have few day light hours, gendry could have reached the wall and sent the ravens around afternoon. Even though they still technically spent one night they could still have had plenty of time. Depending on how fast Grrm's super ravens fly.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-08-23 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be so bad if people could just say, "Yeah, that whole thing was a little farfetched, but I didn't mind." and move on. But some people have to go off on a bender trying to "defend" the show every time someone comments about something that caught their attention.

I'm waiting for Tyrion to have an arm wrestling match with the Mountain and just completely overpower him so everyone can say, "Ok but there are dragons and zombies and you guys are criticizing an arm wresting match? Hahaha!"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure why you'd think that passage means that GoT ravens are super-birds or something. It just says they're stronger and larger than doves and pigeons, which is true on Earth as well - they're a much larger, stronger bird but slower than Pigeons.
    It doesn't just say they are stronger, it says they are stronger flyers.

Most ravens will eat grain, but they prefer flesh. It makes them strong, and I fear they relish the taste of blood. In that they are like men ... and like men, not all ravens are alike. Doves and pigeons can also be trained to carry messages, though the raven is a stronger flyer, larger, bolder, far more clever, better able to defend itself against hawks ... yet ravens are black, and they eat the dead, so some godly men abhor them.[6]

People won't believe in shit like the dead and giants unless they see then, in the battle for the wall Janos pretty much goes crazy when he sees the giants. Dany's whole shtick is about how she thinks she is the special one, last episode she finally realizing Jon is as special as her.
    This is one of the internal inconsistencies of the show. Someone was sent IN SEASON 1 to King's Landing with the still animated remains of the wight, to show the King, and they act like this character never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is one of the internal inconsistencies of the show. Someone was sent IN SEASON 1 to King's Landing with the still animated remains of the wight, to show the King, and they act like this character never existed.
    The hand rotted away before he was able to meet with anyone....

Othor's still-moving hand is sent to King's Landing in a jar with Ser Alliser Thorne to impress on the Iron Throne the severity of the threat from beyond the Wall so that the king may send more troops to the Wall. Tyrion Lannister keeps Alliser waiting so long that Othor's hand decomposes, leaving bones, and is therefore unconvincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    But ignoring that one, they want to convince Cersei that the army of the dead exist by showing her one captured undead, while she had her own undead bodyguard for most of the series now? Not sure how well that's going to work
    The plan obviously wont work, but the world at large doesn't know Cersei has a zombie bodyguard, only Qyburn knows what exactly he is, its called dramatic irony.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a bog difference between zombie mountain and the wights tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    There is a bog difference between zombie mountain and the wights tbh
    This as well.

I'm not entirely sure the Mountain is supposed to be considered undead. I think the point is he never really died, but was Frankensteined back to functionality by Qyburn with other people's body parts.

IE, there's nothing mystical/magical about him, just organ/limb transplants to the nth degree. Why he doesn't talk any more is, I think, probably Qyburn's doing to keep his identity somewhat secret. Maybe he didn't transplant a new tongue/voice box into the new Mountain so he couldn't betray Cersei, sort of like what Ilyn Payne was for Jaime.