Thread: m host advice

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

m host advice

So we've progressed pretty well on host in just our first night but we cannot seem to beat the soft enrage. I know that we should have the boss dead by 8 minutes because that's when the soft enrage starts to stack but we are literally just getting to host when 8 minutes arrives. I need someone who knows how to read logs to tell me what we are doing wrong. good bad and ugly. Thanks ! I think there just isnt enough dps on the actual boss and too much time on adds?

I guess this is our best attempt.

We are currently using 5 healers 3 tanks and the rest dps, which seems to be the norm I guess for comps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7&type=summary

Deleted
    Don't send your frost mage down to Dejahna. As soon as he gets targeted by the spear he can iceblock the damage and should try to get back to his realm asap. He really needs the adds for his blizzard which gives him more frozen orbs. more frozen orbs = more (boss) damage.

Overall it looks like you guys have to much cleave. People should concentrate on boss damage instead of permanent aoe. There are many classes which can get a damage increase whenever adds are around. Only see the adds as second priority. no one cares about fallen pristesses tbh.

Your warlocks are both pretty low tbh with you and you're missing a lot of damage simply because of poor warlock play...

You're missing an easy 150-200+ million boss damage combined simply because they are not putting Corruption onto the Engine of Souls at the start of the encounter... They should be on the right hand side, pre-life tapping to get around 50-60%... They are running AC - fight starts, corruption Engine > Life Tap as needed > when below 50% click font = Spirit (circle back to other side safely). As in, they need to start in the opposite to apply perma Corruption.

On top of that, they are both running SL and and should be running Death's Embrace... Typhus is running Netherlord = should talent into Soul Conduit (not SL - big waste). Superpaul is running Prydaz which isn't horrible but if he does that he NEEDS to talent into Death's Embrace. If either or both of them have Sacrolash I would strongly recommend them putting it on... Typhus is running SH which he should be but Superpaul is running Sow (complete waste). They both can and should be running Writhe/AC/SH/DE (if not using Netherlord) and SC if using Netherlord.

Honestly, with simply better warlock play you'll notice a difference...

Your overall spirit/corp spread is good in the beginning (class wise) but at the end it gets real sloppy.
    Last edited by pappaslop; 2017-08-21 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We struggled mightily on this boss too, always getting to phase but then hitting that 8 minute mark.. How did we get over that hump.. we 4 healed it. 3 down below 1 up top. Boom boss dead. At 35% we shifted one of the healers that was down below up top to cover the Desolate Host phase.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

People on living side can just ignore the Priestess and ST as long as there aren't any Bonewardens around. They'll be cleaved down as the fight progresses. So pretty much just kill off Bonewardens with AoE then ST. Rinse and repeat on living side.

We also 4 healed it. 1 Holy pally in living and at 35% we bring one healer from spirit to living.

Deleted
    You have one healer that is doing esentially nothing, replace him with a DD. Ez.

thank you all for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    So we've progressed pretty well on host in just our first night but we cannot seem to beat the soft enrage. I know that we should have the boss dead by 8 minutes because that's when the soft enrage starts to stack but we are literally just getting to host when 8 minutes arrives. I need someone who knows how to read logs to tell me what we are doing wrong. good bad and ugly. Thanks ! I think there just isnt enough dps on the actual boss and too much time on adds?

I guess this is our best attempt.

We are currently using 5 healers 3 tanks and the rest dps, which seems to be the norm I guess for comps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7&type=summary
    You don't need to beat the soft enrage, that's a common misconception and as soon as you ditch the thought you'll kill the boss. We lasted for a good 30-45 seconds during the soft enrage and killed it with very little issues. The stacks are bad and make it harder yes but you can last longer than you think with some decent CDs.

Also cleave off the mini bosses at all times unless you are focusing something down like a lingering priestess from the previous set of adds.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You don't need to beat the soft enrage, that's a common misconception and as soon as you ditch the thought you'll kill the boss. We lasted for a good 30-45 seconds during the soft enrage and killed it with very little issues. The stacks are bad and make it harder yes but you can last longer than you think with some decent CDs.

Also cleave off the mini bosses at all times unless you are focusing something down like a lingering priestess from the previous set of adds.
    I think you missed what i said, I said we're at 8 minutes and JUST starting host. Meaning our best attempt 38 seconds in to host and he wasnt close to dying

What is the soft enrage anyway? We've gotten to 8 minutes before on our kill but didn't notice anything for the extra 5~10 seconds or so we were on the boss past the 8 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by l10f View Post
    What is the soft enrage anyway? We've gotten to 8 minutes before on our kill but didn't notice anything for the extra 5~10 seconds or so we were on the boss past the 8 minute mark.
    the enrage is a stacking debuff that reduces your hp, think it starts at 8.30~

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    You have one healer that is doing esentially nothing, replace him with a DD. Ez.
    oh damn...

didnt catch the one healer only pulling 400hps. I'm guessing hes the second Live healer. Idk if a pally could solo it and make it up for that much.

My guilds damage a 3.5-4m difference between yours. Which essentially is like having 17 dps vs your 13 comp. If you are getting Desolate to the 3rd phase that MOST of the fight is being done correctly. As phase 3 is soo damn close to Heroic.

If you decide to try and drop a healer and run 3 and 1. Make sure one of the spirit healers come back up before the phase begins.

For Live realm. We normally have the whole raid stack for the first 2 or 3? and then my tank starts calling solo soaks. Like Tank + Cloak.. Tank + Iceblock. This is relieve a lot of the extra damage. Not sure how easy this is without a bear tank on top. Also your DK should be your add tank. That would help a ton especially if you run 4healers appose to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    I think you missed what i said, I said we're at 8 minutes and JUST starting host. Meaning our best attempt 38 seconds in to host and he wasnt close to dying
    Yeah I saw what you said, you're quite a bit off, we spawned host at 1:45 to berserk. Definitely sounds like an add priority issue i.e. people padding and not properly ST the minibossses. My post was related to the fact that I noticed others talking about the enrage and wanted to make sure you knew that you can survive it when it comes to that point. I actually looked at our kill and we survived it for a full minute up until the kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma90 View Post
    oh damn...

didnt catch the one healer only pulling 400hps. I'm guessing hes the second Live healer. Idk if a pally could solo it and make it up for that much.
    You absolutely can solo heal the top as a paladin, I did it initially but we are far superior down in spirit realm, so that's where I ended up on the kill. However, the main problem we ran into is, you want an even mix of DPS on both sides, that's why we went with 6dps/3heal/1tank on bottom and 6dps/2heal/2tank on top for the even split. So when we ran with just me healing up top, it meant we had 7 dps up top and it caused more problems than we needed.

Since we killed it fairly recently (a few weeks ago) you can use my kill video as a reference point for where you should generally be in the fight. Keep in mind everyone's DPS is different but it's a good template to go by since it seems we are doing a similar comp in general. We had a bear dps up top too, with DK tanking adds.
    https://youtu.be/opjg1c6IGMY
    Last edited by meroko; 2017-08-22 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    Your warlocks are both pretty low tbh with you and you're missing a lot of damage simply because of poor warlock play...

You're missing an easy 150-200+ million boss damage combined simply because they are not putting Corruption onto the Engine of Souls at the start of the encounter... They should be on the right hand side, pre-life tapping to get around 50-60%... They are running AC - fight starts, corruption Engine > Life Tap as needed > when below 50% click font = Spirit (circle back to other side safely). As in, they need to start in the opposite to apply perma Corruption.

On top of that, they are both running SL and and should be running Death's Embrace... Typhus is running Netherlord = should talent into Soul Conduit (not SL - big waste). Superpaul is running Prydaz which isn't horrible but if he does that he NEEDS to talent into Death's Embrace. If either or both of them have Sacrolash I would strongly recommend them putting it on... Typhus is running SH which he should be but Superpaul is running Sow (complete waste). They both can and should be running Writhe/AC/SH/DE (if not using Netherlord) and SC if using Netherlord.

Your overall spirit/corp spread is good in the beginning (class wise) but at the end it gets real sloppy.
    Who are you? don't you talk to me or my son ever again

that sub rogue doing 700k dps makes me want to cry as a sub rogue, literally best fight in the raid for us in terms of DPS output, can easilly do 1.8mil + sustained..

Your DPS is very very low. It's 35% lower than our most recent kill. It's good that you're progressing so far into the fight though so it shows you are doing the mechanics.

Boss damage:
    Our most recent kill: 931.5 avg ilvl, 13.4M DPS
    Your best attempt: 927 avg ilvl, 8.6M DPS

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    the enrage is a stacking debuff that reduces your hp, think it starts at 8.30~
    It starts at exactly 8:00 and it's not just hp, but damage and healing as well, 3% every 5 seconds. It's actually worse than it seems at first, since that -damage really adds up, making even low % last forever.

Gonna actually reply here, with the amount of adds and dots out SC is IMO a fucking waste for a progress kill, if i gave two shits about a parse id stay on SC all day, with the amount of shard gen in this fight the only time i really need to care about low shards would be the very end when its just the host him self, and for the cheese boy realm swapping, yea i know that's there, i don't do it one our first night on him cause i don't feel like going over why im doing it. and last dont worry about my play fammo i do it just fine. You should have left it at "Your overall spirit/corp spread is good in the beginning (class wise) but at the end it gets real sloppy" and pressed submit there. kkthxbai

Gonna actually reply here, with the amount of adds and dots out SC is IMO a fucking waste for a progress kill, if i gave two shits about a parse id stay on SC all day, with the amount of shard gen in this fight the only time i really need to care about low shards would be the very end when its just the host him self, and for the cheese boy realm swapping, yea i know that's there, i don't do it one our first night on him cause i don't feel like going over why im doing it. and last dont worry about my play fammo i do it just fine. You should have left it at "Your overall spirit/corp spread is good in the beginning (class wise) but at the end it gets real sloppy" and pressed submit there. kkthxbai

Edit- The guild thinks you have warlock envy

Quote Originally Posted by Typhuslol View Post

Edit- The guild thinks you have warlock envy
    wewlad, straight from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect.

i do it just fine
    Bigs words for someone with a perf avg of 71% in hc...