Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Sargeras. Green or Red?

Greetings,

so it would appear Sargeras has gone from red fire in early art, to green fire in Chronicles and now back to red.

Why can't Blizzard make up their mind?

What do you prefer?

The new image on the front page

The scariest color of all...

Cyan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just the lighting around him.

I'm pretty sure he can probably change his color at will if he really wanted too :P

10+ Year Old Account

But with green instead of blue.

The same question goes for Kil'Jaeden.. Before the last patch he was fiery red - eyes, necklace, shoulders.. now it is fel green.
    Or has Alleria green eyes or blue eyes? Or has Varian green or blue eyes.. Or why Malfurion has teal hair, when in some art he had green hair, in warcraft 3 he had blue hair.. Tyrande had always blue hair, now she also has teal hair.

Inconsistency i would say. Though hair color could be easily explained, eye color not so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Greetings,

so it would appear Sargeras has gone from red fire in early art, to green fire in Chronicles and now back to red.

What do you prefer?

That is a good point.

Firstly, I am very stoked to see more official art for Sargeras.

Seems inconsistent on Blizzard's part though. Looking at the art of the Avatar of Sargeras in Chronicles he is of the red-fire art, but the fight with him in-game is no fire and green.

Sargeras officially depicted as being fel-green in the Chronicles as well, and here we have him fire-red.

CONFOOZED.

EDIT: I personally would like to see him depicted with both red and fel-green fire. I think that would be neat.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2017-08-23 at 08:20 PM.

I can only see this, on that art.

Last edited by Voidlyn; 2017-08-23 at 08:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably red by default, green when he infuses himself with fel power. Multiple phases for the encounter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I actually prefer the red coloration, but that might be a product of Fel exhaustion on my part.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    The same question goes for Kil'Jaeden.. Before the last patch he was fiery red - eyes, necklace, shoulders.. now it is fel green.
    Or has Alleria green eyes or blue eyes? Or has Varian green or blue eyes.. Or why Malfurion has teal hair, when in some art he had green hair, in warcraft 3 he had blue hair.. Tyrande had always blue hair, now she also has teal hair.

Inconsistency i would say. Though hair color could be easily explained, eye color not so much.
    In the official artwork, Alleria has always had blue eyes. She's a High Elf, not a Blood Elf, they have blue eyes. Varian's eyes switch colors because Lo'gosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    In the official artwork, Alleria has always had blue eyes. She's a High Elf, not a Blood Elf, they have blue eyes. Varian's eyes switch colors because Lo'gosh.
    HElf or BElf has nothing to do with natural eye color. They can range from green, to blue, to grey, to brown. Alleria is described as having green eyes.
    From here he could see the pointed ears poking up through her hair, and the wide, emerald-green eyes that slanted up at the corners. “I am Alleria Windrunner, and I bring you greetings from Anasterian Sunstrider and the Council of Silvermoon.”
    [...]
    [Alleria's] green eyes narrowed, and Turalyon saw something there he had not seen in her before. Hatred. “They brought this destruction upon us,” she spat. “And I will see them suffer for it.”

--Tides of Darkness

The elven ranger glared at Khadgar, her green eyes flashing fire. “Surely another could accomplish the trek as easily,” she stated, her tone sharp.
    [...]
    [Alleria] stood before him, face and hair and clothing wet, emerald eyes fixed with his eyes.
    [...]
    He glanced up at Alleria, thinking he saw a hint of approval glimmer in her green eyes before she again lifted her bow to resume firing.

--Beyond the Dark Portal

Both HElves and BElves can be affected by fel to have green eyes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael's dealings with Illidan.
    The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way. (AskCDev)

The Sargeras' that we've seen in Chronicle, were just Avatars (Other than past Sargeras).

So, the Green avatar with all the Fel infused might and all, was just an Avatar. Same goes with the Red Avatar Aegwynn fought at Northrend. Note, that both Avatar's have Smaller Horns, No Skull on their waists, no Pupils on their eyes, as well as the fact that their Shoulders are completely different, to Sargeras' current ones. The Avatar with the Fel around him, has a more Green/Styled look to them. Meanwhile, the Avatar Aegwynn fought, has sharper, more edged out Shoulders. Sargeras' shoulders seem all round, plainish looking, and devilish.

Sargeras also has a focused Grin, a creepy ass face. a big ass blade, golden chains, and so forth.

Remember, the Fel Avatar doesn't have chains, and the Aegwynn Avatar has black chains. Meanwhile, Sargeras' true self has Golden chains.

It's really nice too see Sargeras' true form in a more stylish manner. They even showed him right next to Azeroth, to compare the horrible terror he's described to be. I also loved the fact that he's destroying Northrend, which was where His Avatar fell. It's also where Yog'Saron is, the Titan Keepers are, It's where The Lich King reigns, and so forth. Hell, The Red Dragonflight's there as well. So, if this is true, then ALL of those things I just mentioned, will ultimately be destroyed by Sargeras.

Talk about a threat, am I right? Sargeras is doing more damage to Azeroth in a few seconds, than his entire Legion did in over 10k years. LOL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Durotan's eyes have changed colors. They were dark brown in Rise of the Horde. Lords of War show him having brown eyes as a child and blue as an adult.

Her eye color was always described in books (like Tides of Darkness) as a brilliant green. High elves had more than blue and violet eyes in lore. Despite that, her eyes are white in Warcraft 2:

Alleria's eyes glow in Legion, despite the fact that no other female high elf has glowing eyes anymore. Though, her eyes don't really glow in art from chronicle as well.

Like others have said, it's somewhat inconsistent with many other characters in lore as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But with green instead of blue.
    ... is my hair out?

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    That is a good point.

Firstly, I am very stoked to see more official art for Sargeras.

Seems inconsistent on Blizzard's part though. Looking at the art of the Avatar of Sargeras in Chronicles he is of the red-fire art, but the fight with him in-game is no fire and green.

Sargeras officially depicted as being fel-green in the Chronicles as well, and here we have him fire-red.

CONFOOZED.

EDIT: I personally would like to see him depicted with both red and fel-green fire. I think that would be neat.
    I think the Avatar is semi justified because it's a burned out husk reanimated by fel magic, so it being mean and green makes sense.

For Sargeras it's harder to say. He's not corrupted by fel magic per se. I think both red and green hues would be appropriate.

Assuming he actually shows up in-game of course.

Alleria's artwork started to show up in recent years, hearthstone, chronicle, but before that, she was depicted with green eyes. Maybe blizzard forgot.
    Any source on ''varian switching eye colors because lo'gosh''?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Greetings,

What do you prefer?

What are you saying? Looks the same to me in every picture.