Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Except it isn't. Markets are based on speculation.
    Yes, and the current speculation is that Trump cannot get anything done. The market is booming, because of speculation that Trump's inaptitute will keep Obama's policies. That's why people keep asking you what he passed... the market sees his impotence. Remember, Trump's promised 3% GDP growth next quarter, was either met or exceeded by Obama 16 times, while inheriting the Great Recession.

So... let's try this again. If Obama had a greater impact on the market than Trump and for you that's an important measurement... want to try again on a reason you support him?

... and you can join the travel agent, rotary phone repairman and the mid song sax soloist in blaming Obama for losing your coal jobs. Maybe you should have voted for the candidate who promised education to find current jobs, instead of a guy who is willing to line the pockets of his wealthy friends. How is that Indiana deal working out? Enjoying how the tax payer is paying to automate the plant, while hundreds join the unemployment line? MAGA?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Because I like his policy positions and the economy is improving.
    Man, you've already taken a bunch of flak for this statement. Just remember that when you log off mmo-champ you can change your personal position and no one will know.

Sorry but perception is reality when it comes to the Economy
    I think you'll find that reality is reality when it comes to how the economy is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Also, Obama didn't shut down coal anything. Coal has been declining for years and there is a reason for that, because it's becoming outdated as an energy source. Trump focusing on coal is a waste of time. That's like me running my campaign on trying to get horse drawn buggies back or making sure America gets back into the steam engine business.
    But dey terk er cerl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's like me running my campaign on...making sure America gets back into the steam engine business.
    Oh, sweetie, you are just three months too late to make that joke.

That moment when you make fun of Trump without even knowing it because he's just that kind of person to say so much crazy bullshit that it's hard not to hit bulls eye.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in, over 1 million people my mysteriously found dead :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to necro, but new development: DOJ drops request for IP addresses from Trump resistance site.

The Department of Justice (DOJ) is dropping its controversial request for visitor IP addresses related to an anti-Trump website.

The government said in a brief released Tuesday that it has "no interest" in the 1.3 million IP addresses related to the website disruptj20.org. It says it is solely focused on information that could constitute evidence related to criminal rioting on Inauguration Day.

“The Warrant — like the criminal investigation — is singularly focused on criminal activity,” the reply brief states. “It will not be used for any other purpose.”

Privacy and civil liberties advocates were up in arms last week when the web hosting company DreamHost publicized a July 12 search warrant for information related to disruptj20.org, which was used to organize protests on Inauguration Day.

Dreamhost said complying with the request would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses and other information about visitors to the site.

Lawyers for DreamHost opposed the warrant, arguing it raised First and Fourth Amendment concerns.

“In essence, the Search Warrant not only aims to identify the political dissidents of the current administration, but attempts to identify and understand what content each of these dissidents viewed on the website,” the company’s lawyers said in a legal argument opposing the request.

In response, the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington D.C. on Monday moved to amend the search warrant to Dreamhost so that it specifies that the company should not disclose records that constitute HTTP request and error logs related to the website disruptj20.org.

“What the government did not know when it obtained the Warrant — what it could not have reasonably known — was the extent of visitor data maintained by DreamHost that extends beyond the government’s singular focus in this case of investigating the planning, organization, and participation in the January 20, 2017 riot,” the reply brief states.

The modified attachment to the search warrant also states that information requested from DreamHost should be limited to all records and information from between July 1, 2016, and January 20, 2017. This information does not include content of unpublished draft publications for the website or records that constitute HTTP request and error logs that would reveal the IP addresses.

The brief also specifies that the information is being requested in connection with the ongoing investigation into the rioting that occurred on Inauguration Day. More than 200 people have been indicted on rioting charges related to the protests.

“The government values and respects the First Amendment right of all Americans to participate in peaceful political protests and to read protected political expression online. This Warrant has nothing to do with that right,” the government states in the reply brief.

“The Warrant is focused on evidence of the planning, coordination and participation in a criminal act — that is, a premeditated riot. The First Amendment does not protect violent, criminal conduct such as this.”

The government is asking the Superior Court of D.C. to compel DreamHost to produce the information requested in the warrant. A hearing on the issue has been schedule for Thursday morning before Chief Judge Robert Morin.

10+ Year Old Account
    “The Warrant is focused on evidence of the planning, coordination and participation in a criminal act — that is, a premeditated riot. The First Amendment does not protect violent, criminal conduct such as this.”
    So catching them in the act isn't good enough so they have to see if it was premeditated?

Right.....

I wonder if they are going to do the same for the white nationalists that were rioting at Charlottesville. LOL not likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So catching them in the act isn't good enough so they have to see if it was premeditated?

Right.....

I wonder if they are going to do the same for the white nationalists that were rioting at Charlottesville. LOL not likely.
    I hate to say this...but...
    1) Yes, it is different if it's premeditated.
    2) There is actually an investigation into the Charlottesville murder.

That still doesn't change that the warrant was likely a fishing expedition and, as everyone said, possibly also an excuse to get 1.3 million Names for The List, or at least, to scare peaceful protesters into thinking their Names were on The List.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I hate to say this...but...
    1) Yes, it is different if it's premeditated.
    2) There is actually an investigation into the Charlottesville murder.

That still doesn't change that the warrant was likely a fishing expedition and, as everyone said, possibly also an excuse to get 1.3 million Names for The List, or at least, to scare peaceful protesters into thinking their Names were on The List.
    I understand that premeditating a crime carries a more sever punishment and I wouldn't mind seeing rioters proven that they intentionally planned a riot. But like you said that doesn't seem the case here. If they wanted to prove that it was premeditated all they'd have to do is warrant a search of the arrested rioters internet history and work their way from their. Instead they target the entire website.

As for Charlottesville, the only thing I can find is that one white nationalist turned himself in since he had 3 felonies. It would be nice to see the DOJ go after all the white nationalists carrying weapons and shields the same way they go after anti-Trump rioters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I understand that premeditating a crime carries a more sever punishment and I wouldn't mind seeing rioters proven that they intentionally planned a riot. But like you said that doesn't seem the case here. If they wanted to prove that it was premeditated all they'd have to do is warrant a search of the arrested rioters internet history and work their way from their. Instead they target the entire website.

As for Charlottesville, the only thing I can find is that one white nationalist turned himself in since he had 3 felonies. It would be nice to see the DOJ go after all the white nationalists carrying weapons and shields the same way they go after anti-Trump rioters.
    They got that bald crying baby that was organizing part of it... he has 4 warrants out, because... drum roll please!

illegal use of gases and injury by a caustic agent or explosive

So... can we now say he is exactly like ISIS? Using Fox so people don't bitch about source:

Warrants reportedly issued for the arrest of white nationalist Christopher Cantwell

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/22...-cantwell.html

Four warrants have been issued for Christopher Cantwell by the Albemarle County Commonwealth Attorney’s Office, according to the New York Times. He’s wanted on felony charges related to the “illegal use of gases and injury by a caustic agent or explosive,” reports the Boston Globe.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If they're looking for anti-Trump websites, well look no further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You know what. I think it would be fucking hysterical if they come knocking on my door. They won't, I'm a nobody, but I'm sure I could come up with something if they did.

Men in Black: "Do you have anything against Trump?"
    Me: *ahem* "Let me start with Five Weeks In..."

(several hours pass)

Me: Does that answer your question?
    Men in Black: Exhaustively. Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You know what. I think it would be fucking hysterical if they come knocking on my door. They won't, I'm a nobody, but I'm sure I could come up with something if they did.

Men in Black: "Do you have anything against Trump?"
    Me: *ahem* "Let me start with Five Weeks In..."

(several hours pass)

Me: Does that answer your question?
    Men in Black: Exhaustively. Have a nice day.
    At some point back in feb or march when he slagged obama for wiretapping he said he had some big reveal. Of course nothing materialized but man so much of that kind of thing has happened that that low level.shit ends up flying under the raider. Its exhausting but how do you remember it all?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its exhausting but how do you remember it all?
    I'll be honest, I've given up on a new Trump: XXX Weeks In. The bad news is coming in too quickly to make a compilation. My last file ended late July.

How do I remember it all? I remember the big bits, but more importantly, I remember the patterns. Trump saying "I will never fire XXX, he's a great guy, I have faith in him, I've stopped saying I have faith in him, the WH refuses to comment, you're fired but I wish I had kept you". Trump saying "I promise to do XXX, when you vote me into office I will do XXX, someone do XXX for me, you didn't do XXX for me, why didn't you do my job for me, I declare war on you." And, of course, the hundreds upon hundreds of verifiable lies he's told, many of which are repeats of things that have been proven to be lies, yet he repeats them anyway, and blames "Fake News" for the easy verification of Trump's objective falsehoods, coverage of things he said or did, or sometimes for no reason at all.

And that's not even including the Russia thing (The investigation is ongoing) or growing vocal concerns aobut his mental health.

It's not worth memorizing every single detail. It is, however, necessary to never normalize Trump. If he wants to run as willfully ignorant of the job, lacking the temperment ad the stamina, refusing to learn the rules, then every time that causes a problem, it is worth reminding America "This is what he said he would do. This is intentional." I wish it wasn't necessary to keep up with someone who ran on the sole qualification of having no qualification, despite being caught lying about just about everything, and unwilling to accept any form of criticism no matter how much it's provably his own fault. Or, just as commonly, his blatant hypocrisy when it shows up.

Those last two, by the way, seem to be all he has left. His agenda is basically stalled. He made a ton of campaign promises that were basically impossible, like better health care for more people for less money; Clean Coal which would bring back all the coal mining jobs; and beating everyone else in the world at every deal ever ever. So, when push comes to shove, he has to either abandon the promise, force other people to do his job and fail and blame them, or work like a non-crazy-person and betray his rabid fanbase. Keep an eye on September. Trump just told everyone he's ready to shut down the government to build the Wall. He has a month to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Their idea of smaller government is rule by the fucking rich. Its even more tyranous.
    That's why they call it Plutocracy, Pluto is so small it isn't even a planet anymore.
    So now we're going to be ruled by a tiny planetoid who is god of the Underworld?
    And Underworld sucks, have these people even seen Blood Wars?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Odds are now against that sentiment. UK betting pools have him out by early 2019.

How do you deal with it? I mean, you're a Trumper apologist, so how do you continue to hand-wave his horrific behavior each and every day?
    The same pools that didn't have him as PotUS I presume.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    At least this echo chamber of a subforum that's for sure.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The same pools that didn't have him as PotUS I presume.
    Yep, those same highly accurate polls that were correct. I wish you understood math, then we could explain it to you. Otherwise, you Trump apologists continue to think the polls that had him losing were incorrect.

Also - don't forget he lost the popular vote - not that it matters, of course. But they got that right, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yep, those same highly accurate polls that were correct. I wish you understood math, then we could explain it to you. Otherwise, you Trump apologists continue to think the polls that had him losing were incorrect.

Also - don't forget he lost the popular vote - not that it matters, of course. But they got that right, too.
    They were accurate about him not being elected PotUS. Okay...
    Have a wonderful day.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    They were accurate about him not being elected PotUS. Okay...
    Have a wonderful day.
    This is what I mean - you just don't understand even basic polling math - how do you expect to ever have an intelligent conversation, with anyone, ever, if you can't be bothered to learn new things.