Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I feel like I made a bad choice going for warrior

I am sad, and mad at the same time at blizzard... how can you make a class so dependent on gear?

I am at 917 ilvl, my gear isn't optimized sitting at 50% mastery which is low for arms I suppose and I can pull 700k dps.... while Hunters with 895 ilvl can pull 800k and DH.

Why so much hate on it?

Update: went to 61% mastery and dropped a bit my ilvl and am consistently on 1m+ dps
    Last edited by tratra; 2017-08-26 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe they are better players than you?

700k dps at 917? That's bad play on your half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    I do that much and im 905
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

This is absurd. You're upset because blizzard made arms dependent on gear...as if that wasn't true for every class in this game. Are you saying you'd pref if gear was meaningless? Or that stat's didn't matter and you just equipped item levels instead of stats.

You'll find little to no sympathy here. Your astonishing lack of self awareness is the real travesty here. Post a log, ask for advice. Don't compare yourself arbitrarily against other classes as if that isn't anything but anecdotal observations of how other people are better than you. DPS is a game of golf. You're only playing against yourself. No one can influence you're ability to do damage but yourself. If you're seeing poor results, it's because you're playing poorly. While gear may play a part, it's smaller than you might think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    I am sad, and mad at the same time at blizzard... how can you make a class so dependent on gear?

I am at 917 ilvl, my gear isn't optimized sitting at 50% mastery which is low for arms I suppose and I can pull 700k dps.... while Hunters with 895 ilvl can pull 800k and DH.

Why so much hate on it?
    That's poor play, not lack of gear. I'm at 904 with no 4 set or leggo helm or execute ring and I can pretty consistently end fights at 800k+ (thank you execute phase!)

Classing mmo-c oh I got 800 ilvl and I am on 2m dps easy, you bad. I'll take it on discord.

Deleted
    Classing mmo-c oh I got 800 ilvl and I am on 2m dps easy, you bad. I'll take it on discord.
    Classic shitter talk oh I got 920 ilvl but I do 700k must be because Blizz hate my class wtf

Seems like a player problem. I tested Arms at the beginning of Tomb in about 905-910 gear and I did a lot more than that despite being shit at it. How do you even have only 50% Mastery at 917 ilvl? Have you just always equipped highest ilvl with no regards for stats and never enchanted your gear?

Well, with thoes stats, no 4 set and none of the two best legendaries, thats probably what you'll get as arms.
    He's not wrong, arms is gear and especially legendary dependent. Not much to do about that.

Numbers will look great once you get there though. Keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something on your end OP I pull close to 800k and I'm 906

It's player problem 100%. Read the guide and learn how the class really works. And always post logs otherwise you are wasting your time here

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Seems like a player problem. I tested Arms at the beginning of Tomb in about 905-910 gear and I did a lot more than that despite being shit at it. How do you even have only 50% Mastery at 917 ilvl? Have you just always equipped highest ilvl with no regards for stats and never enchanted your gear?
    Ye I think that's exactly my problem, from what i see my mastery is extremely low

Ye I think that's exactly my problem, from what i see my mastery is extremely low
    Go for Fury, imo it's more fun to play, and less gear dependant. Although the execute phases in Arms blows fury away by miles

So just go through the process every single player had to go through to gear their characters? No one started the expansion with best in slot everything equipped. Got a friend that got his BiS legendary as the very last for his spec. RNG is RNG, all the classes do shit damage with shit gear. Legion is not very fun cus of it but that's a discussion for another thread. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeMia View Post
    So just go through the process every single player had to go through to gear their characters? No one started the expansion with best in slot everything equipped. Got a friend that got his BiS legendary as the very last for his spec. RNG is RNG, all the classes do shit damage with shit gear. Legion is not very fun cus of it but that's a discussion for another thread. /shrug
    True, I'm still waiting for the ring.. getting a bit ridiculous now tbh... got the helm atleast and every damn utility leggo.. but no ring yet!

7+ Year Old Account
    Post some logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, with thoes stats, no 4 set and none of the two best legendaries, thats probably what you'll get as arms.
    He's not wrong, arms is gear and especially legendary dependent. Not much to do about that.

Atm I am sitting at 49% mastery tbh, 22% haste. I got only 1 leg which is the KJ burning. I got 49 traits as of this moment.

My rotation is pretty much standard, I've tried both Whirl build and Rend build. I currently play the rend as it gives me 50-100k more dps than the whirl.

I open by charge, CS bladestorm with all CD's open, then keep on cs - > ms, maintaining rend most of the time, I'd say at an 80-85% ratio, given that at the Execute face i just Execute Execute MS repeat.

I've tried everything on the dummy and in raids. I don't really thing is my rotation specifically, just me picking up ilvl over stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeMia View Post
    Its not about me going through this process. I am just saying that Arms Warrior is very gear dependant and another class on that ilvl would be pulling 200-300k more dps just because most classes are not gated behind mastery and trinkets. Personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

910 with Prydaz and Manaroth's wrist and I do more than that

910 with Prydaz and Manaroth's wrist and I do more than that
    check your mastery, people just ignored that my mastery is at 49-50% and straight out called me a noob. As I understand my mastery is quite low to produce results.