Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh look, another thread for the transphobes to display their hateful bigotry!

Seriously, if an officers needs lethal force to stop someone with a knife, something is deeply wrong with their training. There are other ways of dealing with the situation than killing a person. Police officers are supposed to react with proportional force, not overwhelming lethal intent. Any civilian defending against a knife by using a gun and killing the other would get sued into the ground and end up with doing time. The fact that it's a police officer, who are supposed to be trained to deal with this kind of situation, makes it even worse.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of you bloodthirsty people celebrating a person's death.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    Onto the car, I would have done the same thing, bunch of thug morons beating the hood of my car, I would gun it in fear for my life.
    The downside of this is that the next morning you would have a dozen media corporations smear you so badly it would ruin your life. With the current state of things, they could probably drag you out of your car and beat you half to death and the media would still spin it as 'self defense', in much the same way that most articles bury the fact about Kiwi attacking the police officer far enough into the article that many people won't even read that part.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Not everyone agrees with surrendering their civilian rights to the government like that.
    At no point do you have the right to swing a knife at any human being, least of all the people that our community has put in charge of keeping us safe.

She had already attacked one person, and had cut a police officer when they tried to arrest her. She had her chance to be civil.

Not everyone agrees with surrendering their civilian rights to the government like that.
    Their right to attack other people with a knife?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Eh, arguable. It's not something you would get shot or murdered by the police for in modern nations.

It's something you would get shot for in most third world countries and the USA though.
    No, it's something you'd get shot/tasered for anywhere. It's not just a case of having a knife, it's a case of already having attacked a police officer with it and injured them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

A man drives a car through a crowd of protesters like a week after the Charlottesville attack, no shit the news reported that.

Yes. You are spinning. I mean you're doing a really shit job of it, but that's exactly what you are trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The downside of this is that the next morning you would have a dozen media corporations smear you so badly it would ruin your life. With the current state of things, they could probably drag you out of your car and beat you half to death and the media would still spin it as 'self defense', in much the same way that most articles bury the fact about Kiwi attacking the police officer far enough into the article that many people won't even read that part.
    At least in the first scenario im not dead. Some communist will of filmed my car getting beaten on - which I can then use in court when I sue the people I ran over for attempted assault. I don't give a dam about what the fake news media spin says happened.

I've seen the video of the car at this protest, he was justified to push through them, they were going to beat the shit out of him - if not kill him.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2017-08-24 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    That's because we all know there are only 2 genders, the rest are mentally ill people or genetic errors.
    You're confusing biological gender with gender identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I cant wait for FATASS lives matter

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A man drives a car through a crowd of protesters like a week after the Charlottesville attack, no shit the news reported that.

Yes. You are spinning. I mean you're doing a really shit job of it, but that's exactly what you are trying to do.
    At least in the first scenario im not dead. Some communist will of filmed my car getting beaten on - which I can then use in court when I sue the people I ran over for attempted assault.
    Such an odd world we live in, two people can see the same video of a massive group of protesters stopping and surrounding a car, but to one person its Charlottesville 2.0 and to another person its an angry mob menacing an innocent passerby who was just trying to drive down the road.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Nope. Definitely not.

There is something seriously grossly wrong with your police force if their answer to someone swinging a knife is to use deadly force.

It is 'third world police' reasoning. It is disproportionate violence by the government.
    How about just not attacking police officers in the first place?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    Oh look, another thread for the transphobes to display their hateful bigotry!

Seriously, if an officers needs lethal force to stop someone with a knife, something is deeply wrong with their training. There are other ways of dealing with the situation than killing a person. Police officers are supposed to react with proportional force, not overwhelming lethal intent. Any civilian defending against a knife by using a gun and killing the other would get sued into the ground and end up with doing time. The fact that it's a police officer, who are supposed to be trained to deal with this kind of situation, makes it even worse.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of you bloodthirsty people celebrating a person's death.
    Ok cool, thanks for not getting in the way

His car was stopped. He honked his horn for them to move.

Instead of moving and letting him pass they swarmed it.

They started beating on it, you can hear the hits.

This was not some sneak attack car ramming, this was idiots blocking traffic and rioting on a driver.

In no way was this like Charlottesville, these rioters saw the car, moved towards it, and beat on it.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2017-08-24 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Many may not be aware, but there was a tragic death recently in St. Louis. A transgender woman, Kiwi Herring, mother of 3, was brutally shot to death by police officers in her own house. Her only 'crime' was that she attempted to 'stab' a police officer.

And the violence didn't end there, at the protest held last night, an unidentified motorist had the nerve to assault protesters who merely were trying to block the road and surround his car and then attacked his car.
    I dont care if you identify as a watermelon and the person you are trying to stab is a red rooster. If you try and stab someone, they are absolutely right to shoot you dead.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

How about the police not trying to murder every civilian that shows signs of aggression?

Maybe the police provoked the aggression? What about self-defense? The police are just that: government service men and by all means the people should always have more rights than any government employees.

how about you become a cop in any major city in the U.S. for a year then get back to us with your opinion or better yet have your next of kin let us all know when and where your funeral is...

It went with a knife slashing at the police officer. The police officer was right to shoot it. In other words, police doing their job, people not liking it. What a stupid protest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i cant wait for furry lives matter
    deadliest catch fisherman lives matter
    crack addicts lives matter

also, she earned her death. super dumb protest
    I wait for Dead Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I dont care if you identify as a watermelon and the person you are trying to stab is a red rooster. If you try and stab someone, they are absolutely right to shoot you dead.
    I don't understand how people find this so hard to grasp.

It's simple, don't attack people with guns and knifes.
    If you do however, when the police show up - listen to them, especially when they have their weapons drawn, and you won't get shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Shooting someone with a knife who already cut you is proportional force. Not only are they waving a deadly weapon at you, but they have already shown willingness to use it against you.

Often I'm against the cops, but this seems pretty open and shut.
    At no point do you have the right to swing a knife at any human being, least of all the people that our community has put in charge of keeping us safe.

She had already attacked one person, and had cut a police officer when they tried to arrest her. She had her chance to be civil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, it's something you'd get shot/tasered for anywhere. It's not just a case of having a knife, it's a case of already having attacked a police officer with it and injured them.
    Police are supposed to de-escalate dangerous situations in order to protect people, even from themselves.

There is absolutely nothing proportional to it. This is akin to the fire department blowing up a burning building because going inside to extinguish would endanger their lives. This is the police failing in its basic duty to defuse a dangerous situation and calm everyone done.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I wait for Dead Lives Matter
    Isn't Dead lives matter the DNC's fight to prevent voter ID laws?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that is what they'd say in Africa.

But what does a civilized person who respects civilian rights say though?

Got any examples of the UK police shooting people who wielded a knife in their direction? You'd be hard pressed to find any.
    Probably because their police don't have guns.
    Last edited by provaporous; 2017-08-24 at 08:05 AM.