Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How come incest is illegal and not just taboo?

Don't get me wrong, having sex with your daughter or whatever is disgusting imo, but there are a lot of things disgusting that are still legal.

I think it should still be taboo, I just never understood the reasoning behind it actually being ILLEGAL, unless you make babies obviously.

Why should someone be put together with murderers, rapists, people who have commited assault etc. when they themselves have, albeit really weird, only shown love? IMO prison should only be for people who actually hurt other people. There is no victim in an incestous relationship (unless you can prove that rape, manipulation or similar happened to form it.).

Even a fine is too harsh imo. IMO the public's disgust should be enough, but then again I do have problems with laws simply based on moral values with no real victim.

Similar reasons that statutory rape is a crime. Good luck proving that there was no grooming involved, especially if the relationship is parent/child instead of siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Similar reasons that statutory rape is a crime. Good luck proving that there was no grooming involved, especially if the relationship is parent/child instead of siblings.
    Well, obviously age of consent still has to be a thing. In my mind a relationship between a father (52) and daughter (28), while nasty, should be perfectly legal while still shunned upon as it's considered taboo still and it's their own choice if they want to be seen as the village weirdo or not without fear of getting put behind bars.

Essentially because "yuck". There is no really sound justification for it.

Incest laws vary a lot by jurisdiction, in some places it's illegal to marry but not have intercourse, and in some both are. These laws are rarely enforced in the case of adult incest though, usually it's just when one of the participants is under age. Which would be covered under existing age of consent laws anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Cause the inbreeding will fuck your offspring its like fucking someone with some contagion you know will pass down to your child.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its illegal because inbreeding causes deformities as the DNA between you and your intermediate family is similar, this is siblings, parents and grandparents as far as I know, I was told that uncles/aunties/cousins DNA are too far diluted, I never understood the uncle/auntie part though because surely your biological uncle would have similar DNA to your parents/grandparents

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Cause the inbreeding will fuck your offspring its like fucking someone with some contagion you know will pass down to your child.
    Obviously, that*s why I stated it should still be illegal to make babies as there are actual consequences then.

Deleted
    Because incest and unhealthy children is in direct corolation.

Because its gross

Because grooming a child(your own child) to become your sex partner is apparntly a thing some places

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This is roughly about it. When it's a parent/child relationship, how can you prove the child wasn't groomed behind doors? Same goes for generally any significantly older family member forming an incestuous relationship with a younger member.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Obviously, that*s why I stated it should still be illegal to make babies as there are actual consequences then.
    Dude tell me one guy who ever had sex think i cant wait to impregnate this girl!!

Accidents happen plus its just damn wrong!

Deleted
    I think it is mostly to do with risk assessment. I don't believe that there is enough such couples to warrant it not being illegal.

Not to mention, we barely catch half the incest case (from an early age), and even less than that even go to jail. So it is likely not a can of worms that is worth opening.

Don't get me wrong, having sex with your daughter or whatever is disgusting imo, but there are a lot of things disgusting that are still legal.

I think it should still be taboo, I just never understood the reasoning behind it actually being ILLEGAL, unless you make babies obviously.

Why should someone be put together with murderers, rapists, people who have commited assault etc. when they themselves have, albeit really weird, only shown love? IMO prison should only be for people who actually hurt other people. There is no victim in an incestous relationship (unless you can prove that rape, manipulation or similar happened to form it.).

Even a fine is too harsh imo. IMO the public's disgust should be enough, but then again I do have problems with laws simply based on moral values with no real victim.
    You've been watching too much Game of Thrones. Look up the medical reasons why close incest like father and daughter is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    This is roughly about it. When it's a parent/child relationship, how can you prove the child wasn't groomed behind doors? Same goes for generally any significantly older family member forming an incestuous relationship with a younger member.
    On the other hand, we don't live under Napoelonic law in the western world where it's guilty before proven otherwise. We think that it's innocent until proven otherwise.

There are lots of stuff that are legal today that could be turned illegal simply because of a "what if"-scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    No thats not roughly about it

Could be that procreation is what's needed and incest can produce well, children that will naturally form abnormalities as the gene pool isn't that wide.
    Also, it could be that the law was made before the abundant amounts of people on Earth or potentially the knowledge of how many people actually are on the planet.
    Along with population that they do know, country-wise, elderly into 70-90s wasn't as consistent as it is today. You need a future workforce so procreation is needed and why immigration is used to offset it when there isn't enough children being born for a future workforce and so on.

I mean this is all quite logical and very emotionless approach.

Socially, I think as a world we see parenthood and children being a quite an important role to begin with. It's something we really deal with most of our lives whether from our perspective or looking-in on others with children.
    Another major one is innocence. Parenthood has this special thing where it's quite a wholesome thing, I know you can be put off by it, but that's what puts you off. The sanctity of it.
    And talking along sanctity, children's innocence too or innocence in general within the family. We know by teenagers they are sexually active but you are raised really to see those teenagers scoping out others of their age or outside their family.
    Innocence in a nutshell, wherever you want to put it in the parent and child or family situation, gets spoiled and the family unit being sullied by having sexual activity added. I know it's a rose-tinted but I think over generations it's just simply been ingrained into us.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-24 at 07:52 AM.

On the other hand, we don't live under Napoelonic law in the western world where it's guilty before proven otherwise. We think that it's innocent until proven otherwise.

There are lots of stuff that are legal today that could be turned illegal simply because of a "what if"-scenario.
    Burden of proof gets a little muddier when it comes to child welfare cases though.

Well I think it is still 'just' a taboo in UK, after seeing so many inbreeds here. Not trying to bash anyone, but chav population should try to mix a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Right, but proving there was no sexual grooming is incredibly hard and a lot of incestuous relationships are a result of grooming. For the most part, it's not illegal for two siblings to grow up and start fucking each other, but an adult fucking their grown child is going to raise concern- and rightfully so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    No thats not roughly about it
    Hi, make a real post or don't post at all. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    first generation incest isn't really an issue. it's generational incest that is the problem. if dad makes a baby with daughter, and then makes a baby with daughter's daughter, that's when issues can start to pop up. but even second generation incest isn't -that- bad. it's third+ where the risk is much more increased.

imo, it should be legal. even having a kid should be legal that way. the only problem is knowing if there was grooming involved, that's what really worries me.

but, i suppose there's no way to know if there was some how grooming involved in a non-incest relationship, so we can't go making things illegal out of suspicion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Well I think it is still 'just' a taboo in UK, after seeing so many inbreeds here. Not trying to bash anyone, but chav population should try to mix a bit.
    Oh it is not chavs that has an inbreeding problem in the UK.