Thread: Demonology?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I miss the old play style more than meta. Being a glorified aff lock with pet-shaped dots and a rigid rotation (admittedly broken up a bit by t20) just doesn't compare imo.

More like Impology.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    To be honest, making Demo a tank spec would have been better than what it's now. Heck, it could even have been pet-based tanking if they were so hell-bent on taking Meta away to give it to DHs. I dislike the concept of having x3 DPS spec classes in general, it just causes so many problems.
    I would have LOVED demo tanking. could've worked kinda like defiler from rift. the pets you summon have dmg you take redirected towards them, and you could build demonic power to empower them so they take more damage while the boss is beating your face in. artifact active would instantly nuke your current pets to heal you for the health, similar to how TKC works now but instead of dmging the target, healing you

Quote Originally Posted by pseudodraco View Post
    I would have LOVED demo tanking. could've worked kinda like defiler from rift. the pets you summon have dmg you take redirected towards them, and you could build demonic power to empower them so they take more damage while the boss is beating your face in. artifact active would instantly nuke your current pets to heal you for the health, similar to how TKC works now but instead of dmging the target, healing you
    Any number of ways they could have done it.

Honestly, specs just need to be more streamlined. Trying to balance so many specs across all classes is becoming a nightmare, and just results in people frustrated because 'their' spec doesn't perform as well - even if it's just a functional recolor for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I love how you're stupid enough to defend them. Demonology wasn't broken and they never fixed it. They genuinely did not want people to play it because they knew they were gutting it to make way for Demon Hunters.
    You've got it wrong sweet peas. Demonology does not exist. It's best if we don't acknowledge what it's suppose to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And how are you compensating the damage loss?
    I love how all the kids who just tried the spec once and have barely any opinion make whatev comments here about it....

Demo is fine. It sits there on top 3 for Single Target dmg, and has the meme build rotation that makes ur DE casts "meaningful" since y'all complain on that.

Also, meme build Vs default build, the dmg difference aint huuuge, u'd be surprised, IF ofc u have haste optimized.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/22431660

Oh, feel free to check my Hc desolate host ranking for the peeps who are like "Demo sux on cleave/aoe" lol, and I dont even have the belt...

So, while the spec has room for improvement, its not the worst, its just the least played. Why?

Cause affli was broken and alot of ppl invested on it, so now its a community driven spec, and because of that kids just copy and u just have 90% affli locks.
    Last edited by mmoc935072821d; 2017-08-24 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsui View Post
    I love how all the kids who just tried the spec once and have barely any opinion make whatev comments here about it....

Demo is fine. It sits there on top 3 for Single Target dmg, and has the meme build rotation that makes ur DE casts "meaningful" since y'all complain on that.

Also, meme build Vs default build, the dmg difference aint huuuge, u'd be surprised, IF ofc u have haste optimized.

Oh, feel free to check my Hc desolate host ranking for the peeps who are like "Demo sux on cleave/aoe" lol, and I dont even have the belt...

So, while the spec has room for improvement, its not the worst, its just the least played. Why?

Cause affli was broken and alot of ppl invested on it, so now its a community driven spec, and because of that kids just copy and u just have 90% affli locks.
    Well and you invested more time in to the spec and you are still terrible at it? You are 937 and your DPS for all the Single-Target Bosses is shit sorry..
    No, it is the least played spec, because in order to do good DPS you have to deal with your mentioned "meaningful" DE spam and shitty rotation and outside of that you are useless -> no burst, no add focus, long ramp up time and so on.

Yeah you can cleave/aoe on Mistress and Host and get good Numbers but yeah.

-

Well and you invested more time in to the spec and you are still terrible at it? You are 937 and your DPS for all the Single-Target Bosses is shit sorry..
    No, it is the least played spec, because in order to do good DPS you have to deal with your mentioned "meaningful" DE spam and shitty rotation and outside of that you are useless -> no burst, no add focus, long ramp up time and so on.

Yeah you can cleave/aoe on Mistress and Host and get good Numbers but affli is just way better on these fights.

Also Affliction is a lot easier to play for only slightly inferior ST and superior MT/movement. As a former Shadow Priest, I've just about had it with jumping through extra hoops just to do worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Also Affliction is a lot easier to play for only slightly inferior ST and superior MT/movement. As a former Shadow Priest, I've just about had it with jumping through extra hoops just to do worse.
    I agree mate. And thats totally fine!!

Just dont trashtalk demo when players dont know it, or say the meme build is bad, when its actually= i cant perform the meme build lol.

I have nothing on affli, and every class should have an , maybe call it, "easy" relatively spec (looking at u Bm hunter),
    But ppl here saying Demo is bad sounds more like "make demo easy to noobs" which sux, and is also not realistic.

Is it easy? No

Does it need opt stats? Heavily! Ur shit if u dont have a great amount of haste.

But is it bad? No its not if ur opted and know what ur doing
    Last edited by mmoc935072821d; 2017-08-24 at 09:54 AM.

I agree mate. And thats totally fine!!

Just dont trashtalk demo when players dont know it, or say the meme build is bad, when its actually= i cant perform the meme build lol.

I have nothing on affli, and every class should have an , maybe call it, "easy" relatively spec (looking at u Bm hunter),
    But ppl here saying Demo is bad sounds more like "make demo easy to noobs" which sux, and is also not realistic.

Is it easy? No

Does it need opt stats? Heavily! Ur shit if u dont have a great amount of haste.

But is it bad? No its not if ur opted and know what ur doing
    You can't perform the meme spec either when i look at your Dps on the single target bosses with Ilvl 937 :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melamun View Post
    You can't perform the meme spec either when i look at your Dps on the single target bosses with Ilvl 937 :/
    I'd be happy to receive any constructive criticism from a better Demo lock.

Besides, I am here to help any , if I can, and I would welcome improvements on m playstyle all the way!

Link me ur logs plz

- - - Updated - - -

Oh but wait, you're not that better Demo Lock are you? Ur probably just another affli lock expressing ur "opinion" on Demo right?
    Last edited by mmoc935072821d; 2017-08-24 at 10:58 AM.

I'd be happy to receive any constructive criticism from a better Demo lock.

Besides, I am here to help any , if I can, and I would welcome improvements on m playstyle all the way!

Link me ur logs plz
    Yeah it's allright, I still play the spec a lot...it is just to much effort for only being good at single target.

I am not allowed to post links, but you can search for Savathûn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melamun View Post
    Yeah it's allright, I still play the spec a lot...it is just to much effort for only being good at single target.

I am not allowed to post links, but you can search for Savathûn

Cool thx! I'll look up on what I can improv from you, if any. Cheers
    Last edited by mmoc935072821d; 2017-08-24 at 11:08 AM.

Can somebody tell me how to effectively play Demo without spamming Demonic Empowerement? And I just got the legendary ring (talent) which gives me Grimoire of Synergy, I tested Service and Supremacy and having a Doom Guard throwing out Shadowbolts at the enemy with Supremacy is parsing 10% better than Service for me - is that right or am I doing something wrong?

(and I've got the Destro Shoulders and overall parsing 20% better with Destro than Demo - that's a bit sad)
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-29 at 04:25 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Damage wise Demonology isn't bad. However, everything else from visual presentation to how the spec feels is abysmal.
    I think Demo does look the best of our 3 specs. Sadly most of it you can't see as most demons are inside the boss :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thing is..people quit WoW about virtually anything.
    I quit because they deleted my favourite spec and built this travesty. Thought about coming back a couple of times, did once, grind was shit so that lasted about a week but thinking again as I heard the grind has been trimmed back; and now I read through all this and it's like "Oh, they killed Demo off again because after all this time they accepted what was said before it was even officially announced would happen, has happened." Whee another redesign on the horizon.

So, how's Affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So, how's Affliction?
    One of the best DPS in the game, very versatile, very mobile, very easy to play.

Deleted
    I think barring extended movement and cleave where the adds can't be stacked demo is in a pretty good spot. A spec shouldn't be good at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyatsu View Post
    I think barring extended movement and cleave where the adds can't be stacked demo is in a pretty good spot. A spec shouldn't be good at everything.
    Except, you know, affliction is better at literally every fight style and destro probably is too. Seriously, affliction can compete with demo in patchwerk fights and absolutely dismantles demo at every other type of fight.

It's a poorly designed spec dude, there's no saving grace. It's just flat out worse than the other specs in every situation and it isn't even fun to play.

Goroth is probably the one fight you'd expect demo to be the best on, but even there it's worse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...lock&boss=2032
    Last edited by asil; 2017-08-31 at 12:17 PM.