Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Oh, so you are saying that the increased number of people killed (per capita) is because the police are not dealing with problematic situations?

So they're just doing it for the fun or what?

You talked yourself into a corner, notably through your own dishonesty.
    Until you provide the data showing how many situations they are dealing with compared to the rest of the world your numbers mean nothing... We get it, you hate cops.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you are doing a really good job at proving why people should be more critical of the police and the violence they use.
    People should be critical... they should be very critical... they should seek out the facts and judge after getting those facts... Mindless hate solves nothing.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    People should be critical... they should be very critical... they should seek out the facts and judge after getting those facts... Mindless hate solves nothing.
    I decided to look up how many guns are owned by people, it's 112 per 100 in USA and 30 per 100 for Germany. One of many statistics that may change how cops are trained to deal with situations.

Not to mention it's a scary thought that more and more people are okay with cops being killed instead of civilians who decide to attack cops with guns/knives/whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I decided to look up how many guns are owned by people, it's 112 per 100 in USA and 30 per 100 for Germany. One of many statistics that may change how cops are trained to deal with situations.

Not to mention it's a scary thought that more and more people are okay with cops being killed instead of civilians who decide to attack cops with guns/knives/whatever.
    that sounds about right for the number of guns. And you are right, about the cop hate as well... Far too many jump to conclusions and feed the cop hate narrative which only makes it that much easier for the next hater to maim or kill another cop.

Deleted
    Yeah, wanting increased funding for police officer training so less people get hurt really makes someone a 'cop hater'.

As opposed to someone's who's completely okay with officers killing people because "they started it!!". So mature and responsible.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    Oh look, another thread for the transphobes to display their hateful bigotry!

Seriously, if an officers needs lethal force to stop someone with a knife, something is deeply wrong with their training. There are other ways of dealing with the situation than killing a person. Police officers are supposed to react with proportional force, not overwhelming lethal intent. Any civilian defending against a knife by using a gun and killing the other would get sued into the ground and end up with doing time. The fact that it's a police officer, who are supposed to be trained to deal with this kind of situation, makes it even worse.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of you bloodthirsty people celebrating a person's death.

Trans.....gay....straight....white...purple.....tall.......skinny

Look it doesn't matter what/who you are. They CHOSE to attack a Police Officer. They CHOSE to ILLEGALLY block a road. Quit victimizing the CRIMINALS. Try doing ONE night in one of these situations as a Police Officer and lets see what you would do. And no, talking about it outside of the "shoes" does not count as you are not experiencing the actual issue. I have been in a cop's shoes. I've been there. Liberals just need another reason to HATE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    This has got to be satire??
    That is what I thought when I read the "Only 'crime' and 'stab'" in one phrase
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Let's test our honesty here:

Do the US police use gun violence to deal with problematic situations more or less than the rest of the modern world?

Feel free to answer honestly, but I know you won't.
    More, obviously. That doesn't mean it wasn't justified in this case.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Her only 'crime' was that she attempted to 'stab' a police officer.
    Oops. There's you're problem.

Slash at me with a knife and I'm defending myself as well. You're going home in a box before I am.

Legal, may I add.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Difference is, trans lives don't need to be protested for. They have become the celebrities of this world despite many being mentally ill instead of actually transgendered. Shit like this just confirms that sadly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Her only 'crime' was that she attempted to 'stab' a police officer.
    A wild dindu appears, it uses obnoxiousness, it's super effective!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-24 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    No.. no they are not. BLM is a hate group... this is just stupid but not also a hate group
    It's a mass hysteria group d:^)

Yes, that is what they'd say in Africa.

But what does a civilized person who respects civilian rights say though?

Got any examples of the UK police shooting people who wielded a knife in their direction? You'd be hard pressed to find any.
    They shot the knife wielding guy on London bridge.

So the cop should have let himself be stabbed? Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Link to this data? I find this rather difficult to believe.

Blocking roads, about the dumbest thing you can do to 'protest'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So the cop should have let himself be stabbed? Ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Link to this data? I find this rather difficult to believe.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-then-some/

I think this is where that number comes from.

I want the society I live in to be better and wiser than the condoned violence and authoritarianism of the dark ages.
    So let's stand in the street in the middle of the night and not allow traffic to pass, then beating the shit out of the car when it honks for you to move? Sounds more dark ages than anything else in the article.

- - - Updated - - -

And you are doing a really good job at proving why people should be more critical of the police and the violence they use.
    Yeah sorry. I support any cop who uses whatever means necessary when any weapon is drawn on them.

Why? Because they protect my family and my home. Why? They protect my kid at school.Why? Because I cant imagine myself in my job being scared for my life that someone is stabbing me with a knife and I'm just supposed to accept that it's part of my job and some douche on the internet says it's ok for me to go home with FUCKING STAB WOUNDS.

I support them. Don't have any reason not to.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Hmmmm, so what you are saying is that this was likely a justified shooting by police, but then why did hundreds or even thousands of people show up to protest it?
    Because hundreds or even thousands of people are stupid idiots. Like most forum posters who badmouth cops regardless of the situation or circumstances. Irrational stupidity is most definitely still stupidity.

And also, it is specifically pointed out in the article:
    So? A lot more non-trans people are killed (rightfully in the vast majority of cases) each year. What, if you get your dick cut off, that somehow makes it impossible for you to be a violent criminal?

This makes it sound like the police are going out and looking for Trans people to murder.
    Only to the aforementioned type of people.

Yes, that is what they'd say in Africa.

But what does a civilized person who respects civilian rights say though?

Got any examples of the UK police shooting people who wielded a knife in their direction? You'd be hard pressed to find any.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_...les_de_Menezes

this good enough for you?
    and he wasn't even armed with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is getting ridiculous.

Can't all these groups, BLM, TLM, KKK, ANTIFA, what ever the fuck else there is can all go fuck themselves back in the hidey holes they came.