Poll: Your opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A little disappointed that what was shown was the actual 7.3 cinematic...
    I mean it's great as an in-game cut scene but yeah as been said, I prefer when they make exclusive trailers for the patch itself, like 7.2 basically.
    Also usually the patch advertises the villain so we see things from their perspective (usually), there should have been some Sargeras whisper saying something at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they do it at blizzcon. I'm satisfied.

Sure, I was satisfied, but not overly so.

It had what I expected and the additional cinematic stuff for the other games made it a nice Gamescom for me.

Satisfied. I knew there won't be anything big.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Worst gamescom. Nothing new.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I was hoping for maybe something about 7.3.5 at least.
    We should get 7.3.5 on the ptr within the next couple of weeks tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Worst gamescom. Nothing new.
    This poll and this answer just reflects how this game's community is in a nutshell. Everytime you asked Blizzard to do something and they delivered, you are still complaining. You asked for Alleria and Turalyon for years and finally when they delivered on that promise they made at Gamescom 2015, you are here crying that it was boring and "wea, wea, no new expansion".

Let me ask you this? When did you see an expansion reveal without the current one ending? Most recent example: Legion at Gamescom 2015, Archimonde was already DEAD on all difficulties. Does it look like 7.3 with the new raid is even live to you with ending cinematic and all?

Take some time to think about what you are saying.

Since I kept my expectations in check, I was not disappointed by what was shown. I highly doubted from the start that they'd unveil another expansion at gamescom. Legion's announcement at that gamescom, was an act of desperation and damage control.

At the time, Warlords of Draenor was proving to be the shittiest expansion ever made. Subs were fleeing en masse, the fiasco regarding their announcement in polygon that flight would be permanently removed being the last straw. They had to do some damage control, and could not wait until blizzcon for it. So Gamescom became their platform to announce an expansion with a rushed power point presentation, and showing up as many appealing things as they could (Get Ashbringer!!!!! Fight the Legion!!! Actual story that matters!!!!).

Legion on the other hand has been a pretty successful expansion, and while it has its detractors (no expansion has ever been loved by everyone. I remember whiners back in TBC and WOTLK too), the overall reception has been positive, so there's no need to rush an expansion announcement ahead of blizzcon.

I understood that, and figured that the most likely scenario we were looking at, was just 7.3 information in general, and maybe, what their plans were (if any) for post-7.3 content.

And that's exactly what I got. So overall, nope, not disappointed.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Kind of what was expected. Would have liked some 7.3.5 info at least but...

I just hope Argus is actually fun. I've hated everything about legion so far, Argus seems to have an interesting story but if the gameplay ends up flat...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmourne View Post

Let me ask you this? When did you see an expansion reveal without the current one ending? Most recent example: Legion at Gamescom 2015, Archimonde was already DEAD on all difficulties. Does it look like 7.3 with the new raid is even live to you with ending cinematic and all?
    That actually has happened before.

Cataclysm was announced before ICC was released, so obviously Arthas was not killed at the time.

MoP was announced before deathwing was killed.

WoD was announced before Garrosh was killed (So we knew before we even went into the raid that he'd survive the encounter, which made the whole raid feel pointless to me, as I'd have to clean up yet another one of his messes again).

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Legion on the other hand has been a pretty successful expansion, and while it has its detractors (no expansion has ever been loved by everyone. I remember whiners back in TBC and WOTLK too), the overall reception has been positive, so there's no need to rush an expansion announcement ahead of blizzcon.
    I don't think what you are saying is true.

They stopped publishing sub numbers, so we will not know for sure until possibly (much) later, but people have been leaving Legion in droves not much smaller than WoD.

Was WoD a success? Of course, not. And we are saying this with certainty, because we can see from the graphs that WoD lost nearly half of the players. Now they are hiding the numbers, but, frankly, chances are, Legion lost a comparable proportion of the players. Maybe less than WoD, but not much less. And if so, then this illusion of Legion doing great is just a product of them not publishing numbers anymore.

In other words, "The overall reception has been positive" of those who stayed.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-08-24 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    That actually has happened before.

Cataclysm was announced before ICC was released, so obviously Arthas was not killed at the time.

MoP was announced before deathwing was killed.

WoD was announced before Garrosh was killed (So we knew before we even went into the raid that he'd survive the encounter, which made the whole raid feel pointless to me, as I'd have to clean up yet another one of his messes again).
    Yes, but those already had some input, some context. This has no context yet. Only a few hints given throughout the entire expansion and already 2 or 3 fake leaks. It was obvious that Blizzard will hide this as much as possible, because they want to deliver a big hit, based on facts and on how Legion ends (which I already know because I'm watching and reading the PTR content), and yet, even with those spoilers, nothing is clear and certain. You said about know Garrosh survives and it was pointless. Well, there you have it. No more room for failures in advance.

/merged into above

10+ Year Old Account
    I never expected an expansion announcement. We got exactly what I figured, 7.2 talk and a release date. Although I thought maybe they would talk about 7.2.5, but that's not even confirmed to be anything more than opening a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    We should get 7.3.5 on the ptr within the next couple of weeks tbh.
    It's usually within 2 weeks of previous patch going live. (Average is like 10 days.)
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Nothing they showed made me want to resub at all. 7.3 is not going to keep people subbed or having fun for very long. Its just Broken shore 2.0 with the illusion of more things to do. No real substance and the new raid wont come till 7.3.5 and even that will probably be meh. Everyone I know who still plays have been really underwhelmed by TOS so I am not expecting anything earth shattering for 7.3

Will have to see what the next expansion is and even then I wont buy it untill its been out a few months and real reviews from players are coming in.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Didn't expect much, considering Blizzcon is around the corner... they should leave reveals for it, people pay to go see it so they should oblige as such.

Some nice trailers though.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-08-24 at 01:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, most people set their own level of hype and become disappointed. I treated it like an episode of Walking Dead. Avoided all the spoilers and just watched it for what it was.

Deleted
    Disappointed and i will tell you why:

The only 2 games i was interested in gave me nothing or nothing new.. diablo? where was? and wow 7.3 the ptr is up since weeks.

as i said in previous threads #Blizzthesda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmourne View Post
    Yes, but those already had some input, some context. This has no context yet.
    Really? cataclysm had some context in wow. Seriously. Deathwing rising up and blowing up half of azeroth had context within our adventures within northrend? come on. They did add a lot of buildup to cataclysm, including what I consider the best pre-expansion event yet, but all of that was done AFTER the expansion was announced. Prior to it, there was no context, hints, or foreshadowing whatsoever that this would be where we'd go next.

Same for MoP. Totally foreshadowed that after taking down deathwing we'd go to pandaland? that had context within what we were doing in cataclysm?.

You said about know Garrosh survives and it was pointless. Well, there you have it. No more room for failures in advance.
    To be fair, they said that letting us know he was gonna be the final boss of MoP at all to begin with was a mistake, which was only escalated when they also revealed his fate before we even fought him. Which is why they kept quiet over who'd be the final boss in WoD, and in Legion, and will likely stay just as quiet when someone asks them who's the final boss of whatever expansion comes out next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think what you are saying is true.

They stopped publishing sub numbers, so we will not know for sure until possibly (much) later, but people have been leaving Legion in droves not much smaller than WoD.
    All I have is anecdotal evidence, so obviously my experience will be different to yours, but in my case, everyone I knew in wow, EVERYONE, ditched WoD at one point or another, some permanently (and haven't come back to this day) and others for a while. I myself ditched WoD taking my second break of wow (First break was during cata, didn't bother to come back until a week prior to MoP's release) and not bothering to come back until the Demon Hunters were added to the game.

It says a lot when my 45+ battlenet friend list showed consistently empty all day every day.

The same has not happened with Legion. Sure, as you say, some people have left, but most of my friends liked the content and stayed, just like me.

So for me, this expansion is nowhere near the colossal fuckup that was WoD.