Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Apparently. Might need to tell a fair amount of black southerners that they hate themselves
    Don't be silly, they can do what they want because they're the ones whose ancestors suffered under confederate slavery. It's subclause 4 of the n-word exemption.

And that's how fascism begins.

No, you don't have freedom of consequence, which is alright by me. But you do have the right to freely express your speech. If you burn the national flag and then get fired for it, it's the same damn thing here.
    And he did....

Once again private businesses do NOT have to obey the first....

- - - Updated - - -

So if someone decides to fire someone over having an lbgt flag or even has any sort of head scarf (since its constantly said to not be religious ) or anything that someone might not like, like a lord of the Rings tattoo... it's fine because it's the private sector?
    Yes because once again...private business/sector do not have to obey the first...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And he did....

Once again private businesses do NOT have to obey the first....

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because once again...private business/sector do not have to obey the first...
    And with that you realize the hard left will be up in arms over the firing of someone whom showed pride (like myself)

And with that you realize the hard left will be up in arms over the firing of someone whom showed pride (like myself)
    Opinions about the left or right do not matter in this thread and is not the subject of it.

He displayed a flag that a business does not want to be associated with...Case Closed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Was he on the job when the pic was snapped?

So if someone decides to fire someone over having an lbgt flag or even has any sort of head scarf (since its constantly said to not be religious ) or anything that someone might not like, like a lord of the Rings tattoo... it's fine because it's the private sector?
    Yes it would be fine, assuming it's not alredy against the law at which point it's not a free speech issue but a human rights issue. It would also be absolutely fine for all the boycotting that would take place afterwards and potentially damage the company. This is the essence of free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yea he'll learn his lesson.

Fucking not. Now he's just an unemployed bigot. So the situation got worse.
    That's not the situation getting worse. That's the situation getting better. Waging economic war against bigots is a completely viable tactic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Debates have raged for decades over whether it represents southern pride and a state's right to freedom, or whether it is nothing more than a symbol of racism and hatred.
    Depends on where you are. Half my family flies it and they're black southerners. They also fly it in Europe for southern pride during soccer games. Really just another dumb move by Americans again at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That's not the situation getting worse. That's the situation getting better. Waging economic war against bigots is a completely viable tactic.
    Yeah, I mean... how exactly did the situation get worse, supposedly?

Not only did a bigot get fired for his stupidity, it got publicized so that others could learn from his fine example. End result: Fewer bigots feeling free to demonstrate their failings on the job side, ergo happier job sites all around.

This guy's personal situation got worse, but that's not a downside, it's a positive. He now has incentive to learn and make a change.

Deleted
    Confederates weren't racists, how do you explain free black men owning black slaves?

The slaves were discriminated against due to their social class, not ethnic origins or skin color, that happened after you got stuck with them.

I'd fire them for displaying a Notre Dame flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    Confederates weren't racists, how do you explain free black men owning black slaves?

The slaves were discriminated against due to their social class, not ethnic origins or skin color, that happened after you got stuck with them.
    Whataboutism doesn't make slavery, as practiced in the US, not racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Not only did a bigot get fired for his stupidity, it got publicized so that others could learn from his fine example. End result: Fewer bigots feeling free to demonstrate their failings on the job side, ergo happier job sites all around.
    You mean capitalists enforcing Marxist measures to boost production because it happens to be the most productive set of work ethics and the shareholders want it.

Newsflash, you are being told how to think and act by gamblers.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yea he'll learn his lesson.

Fucking not. Now he's just an unemployed bigot. So the situation got worse.
    Yeah, we should continue the "make sure there are absolutely no consequences for obvious racism and bigotry" strategy we've been employing for the last 200+ years. That'll do it.

Deleted
    Whataboutism doesn't make slavery, as practiced in the US, not racist.
    They weren't racist, they were exploiters. UK did the same with plenty of white nations including my own, it's called imperialism and nepotism.

This is why i don't trust the left (the partisans, not the party) anymore, it's all about that instant moral gratification.
    Last edited by mmoc0aa4a6036f; 2017-08-24 at 02:48 PM.

That's bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Yeah, we should continue the "make sure there are absolutely no consequences for obvious racism and bigotry" strategy we've been employing for the last 200+ years. That'll do it.
    That's bullshit, too. Like, factually incorrect bullshit. Or did WW2 not happen?

They weren't racist, they were exploiters. UK did the same with plenty of white nations including my own, it's called imperialism and nepotism.

This is why i don't trust the left (the partisans, not the party) anymore, it's all about that instant moral gratification.
    They were racist in the US. They were literally saying:

"African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization,"

from the cornerstone speech. That's right, slavery in the US, according to the VP of the confederacy, has black people in their proper status. He goes on to say that our founding fathers of the US thought slavery was wrong and racist:

'The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away... Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."'

So ya, slavery, as practiced in the US was about racism. It rested upon the idea that the idea of equality of races is fundamentally wrong.

You mean capitalists enforcing Marxist measures to boost production because it happens to be the most productive set of work ethics and the shareholders want it.

Newsflash, you are being told how to think and act by gamblers.
    Oh shit, glad you were here to lay down some truth on us. Will wrapping my head in tinfoil be enough, or should I also get one of those power pyramid things to stand in?

'We encourage freedom of speech but not when it evokes any form of hatred or discrimination.'
    - Yoke Group statement
    Failing to understand subjective matters is what will crumble the modern United States.