Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's a bit shocking that this woman is not being compelled by the Democrat party to resign. It shows you the true morals of the self described morally superior Left.
    Not shocking at all honestly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The fact she publically refused to apologize, then changed her mind after all hell broke loose against her, makes it pretty obvious it was a political apology and not a real one.
    I didn't see that series of events. Where did she publicly refuse to apologize?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Don't talk like that about Mr. Mike "If you like the cock you're in for a shock" Pence ever again.
    You mean my boy Mike "Unless you're a chick don't suck on a dick" Pence?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You mean my boy Mike "Unless you're a chick don't suck on a dick" Pence?
    Nuh uh, I'm talking about that guy Mike "if you like it in the crapper, you get the zapper" Pence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I didn't see that series of events. Where did she publicly refuse to apologize?
    "That day, Chappelle-Nadal told 5 On Your Side that she regretted making the comment, but said she would not apologize or resign. She apologized publicly on Sunday. " http://www.ksdk.com/news/politics/ma...ents/466414510

15+ Year Old Account
    First off all you people saying that she threatened the Trump are full of shit. Had she said "I'm going to assassinate Trump" then that would have been a threat. Saying "I hope Trump is assassinated!" is just wishful thinking (and something I happen to agree with).

On topic, again this is bullshit. She should not have been removed from anything. If her boss (the people who voted for her) wants her gone then they can recall her. Until/unless they do, she can't do what she was voted in by the people to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nuh uh, I'm talking about that guy Mike "if you like it in the crapper, you get the zapper" Pence.
    Not Mike "I take it in the Rump but only from Trump" Pence?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I don't think you know what impeachment means..... I think you'll be disappointed.
    Here's a hint:There have been two Presidents that have been impeached. Johnson in 1868 and Clinton in 1998.
    I am fully aware what impeachment means. And it all starts with the first step.

10+ Year Old Account
    As stupid and destructive Trump is, wishing for his death is not cool. Wish for his imprisonment instead. Might actually be worse than death for someone like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    It's not a threat, though.
    Which is why she isn't in jail right now. As an elected official presumably you have the capacity to work with people you may not agree with. If you are impulsive enough to publicly admit that you are hopeful in a colleagues death (brutal death) you have no business working in public service... or with people for that matter. To want another human being dead shows that you are really out of touch with reality.

A senator needs to be aware of the position of power they are in and the influence they have over other people. All it takes is one unhinged fanatic follower to take "I hope Donald Trump is assassinated!" as "I support the killing of the president. I won't do it myself, but if you do it, you'll be a hero." Combing through these political pages you liberals pride yourselves as being the only "rational" party. What is rational about wanting someone else dead? Can't find a reason to impeach him... but the death penalty... totally deserving, because... reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    If threats towards people don't fall under free speech anymore, then neither do white supremacist groups or nazi flags.

This wasn't even a threat, it was someone expressing they 'hoped' something to happen, the same way Trump described the same hope in regards of Hillary Clinton.

So fuck people and their double standards.
    I agree fuck those people.

First off, I think at the very least he has deniability in the statements he made there. But assuming of course that he did in fact hint at shooting her, under the hypothetical scenario of her being president, and even more unlikely scenario that as president she would have attempted to abolish the 2nd amendment.

The right to bear arms, was specifically put in place to protect the people from tyrannical government. So a government that seeks to take away constitutional rights is a tyrannical government. It would be within our constitutional right(s) given this fictional scenario, to in fact use said arms against her in that case.

Not really looking to get into the argument about the 2nd amendment, I am pro constitution, therefore support the 2nd amendment, but I am also very much against guns. I exercise my right by NOT owning them.

Lol, yeah - she could have moved a little faster, that's for sure. But she's done the right thing, and we need more people who see the error of their ways and own up to them.
    She only "did the right thing" after it became clear to her that her position was at stake. She didn't do it on any morals, man.

That's not actually, technically, a double standard. Directly threatening the president is the rule there - just hoping one of them dies isn't a legal violation. Technically.
    The fact the kid just warned Obama about suicide bombers, faced federal interrogation by a Secret Service.

Straight up saying someone should assassinate the POTUS gets off with a half-ass apology.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I am fully aware what impeachment means. And it all starts with the first step.
    Whats it mean then? You seem to not.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Stop shifting blame, she said the president should be assassinated and no one in her party even cares.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is not about Trump, stop shifting blame, talk about the women who wants the president assassinated.
    Really because getting booted off committee's and ostracized is "no one even cares". As for Trump, have in the typical fashion forgot how he said the same thing in less blunt method of "the 2nd amendment people could handle (hillary)problem" during the campaign, and the GOP hand waived it off as a bad joke. So yes this involves trump and the gop's hypocrisy of the situation

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    The fact the kid just warned Obama about suicide bombers, faced federal interrogation by a Secret Service.

Straight up saying someone should assassinate the POTUS gets off with a half-ass apology.
    If you don't understand the law, look it up. In both cases appropriate action was taken - investigation by USSS of the kid, nothing of the State Senator. It's the difference between vocalizing a wish and vocalizing an intended action.

Not complicated. And don't blame me - I didn't write the law. I'm just walking you through it.

If you don't understand the law, look it up. In both cases appropriate action was taken - investigation by USSS of the kid, nothing of the State Senator. It's the difference between vocalizing a wish and vocalizing an intended action.

Not complicated. And don't blame me - I didn't write the law. I'm just walking you through it.
    They are nearly the same, maybe you haven't read the story on the 13 year old boy.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    They are nearly the same, maybe you haven't read the story on the 13 year old boy.
    Nearly, of course. But not exactly, and in this case, exact is what we would need. Threatening = illegal. Wishing = not at all illegal. Both may suck but only one is legally actionable.

But link the story, if you would, I'm always open to being wrong. Not happy about it, of course, but intellectually honest enough to admit it (most of the time, lol).

She was wrong, and she apologized. Done and done. Shouldn't even be a story any more. I wish we could see more of this from the GOP side.
    yes because suggesting/mentioning assassination of the president of the united states is no big deal as long as you apologize to some ppl somewhere...

kind of like... you're a scumbag... oops sry mmo champ posters n readers... sorry lamp... sorry pet goldfish... sorry keanu reeves..... ok we good now you scumbag.

/shrug
    Sucks to be them? Should have picked thier fights better.

You mean people who make mistakes, own up to them, and apologize? Hopefully pretty easily. Moral behavior is key - but owning up to your mistakes, admitting to them, and then learning from them are exactly the kind of people we want in public office.

Sure wish the GOP could do it.
    Making death threats as a politician it's too late to apologize, you are done then.