Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Failing to understand subjective matters is what will crumble the modern United States.
    Failing to understand geography will get you first.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Failing to understand geography will get you first.
    I honestly do not understand the subtext to this.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I honestly do not understand the subtext to this.
    There's no subtext. This story occurred in Canada. Canada is not part of the united states. The happenings do not affect America in any way, other than as a means to spout off uninformed opinions and feel good about yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    There's no subtext. This story occurred in Canada. Canada is not part of the united states. The happenings do not affect America in any way, other than as a means to spout off uninformed opinions and feel good about yourselves.
    Well to be fair, I didn't check the link and the quote didn't supply a location clarification that would matter.

Additionally, the sentiment remains. Please refer to the definition and meaning behind "evoke" and thus it's vague and completely open ended subjective use with the previously quoted statement.

Not to belabor the point, but the article says "hamilton" and the link very clearly says canada even in the abbreviated representation.

Either way, do please feel however you like about the dissolution of America, but examples closer to home would be best to make your point

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Yea he'll learn his lesson.

Fucking not. Now he's just an unemployed bigot. So the situation got worse.
    Now he will think twice before doing it on a job again. Fear is a good social motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Hahaha I am totally good with this.
    Do you like President Trump? Because this sort of logic is how you wind up with President Trump.

PC nonsense does little but justify radical thinking. These people do not magically disappear off the of the planet because you disagree and deplatform them. They just get bitter, irrational and even more galvanised in their theories regardless of of how right or wrong it is. Schadenfreude may feel good but does little to win people to your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    Do you like President Trump? Because this sort of logic is how you wind up with President Trump.

PC nonsense does little but justify radical thinking. These people do not magically disappear off the of the planet because you disagree and deplatform them. They just get bitter, irrational and even more galvanised in their theories regardless of of how right or wrong it is. Schadenfreude may feel good but does little to win people to your side.
    Ah horseshit that is just an excuse
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Now he will think twice before doing it on a job again. Fear is a good social motivator.
    Which of these do you think is more productive? 1) A cheap buzz for seeing someone you disagree with getting screwed 2) Seeing someone you disagree with have his ideology challenged with civil discussion and even the chance of having him question his racist beliefs should he even have them as a result.

Again, echo chambering and punishing those you disagree with for wrongthink solves nothing. You just fuel their fire and lend credence to their theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see a social experiment where a black woman displays a confederate flag on her vehicle while at work, just to see the results.

Head's exploding would be fun to watch.

Which of these do you think is more productive? 1) A cheap buzz for seeing someone you disagree with getting screwed 2) Seeing someone you disagree with have his ideology challenged with civil discussion and even the chance of having him question his racist beliefs should he even have them as a result.

Again, echo chambering and punishing those you disagree with for wrongthink solves nothing. You just fuel their fire and lend credence to their theories.
    What does an idiot in canada flying the confederate flag for shits and giggles and getting fired for it have to do with anything you said? What side is doing things for a "cheap buzz?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Not my job to convince racists not to be racist. Social control is a valid tactic to force change. Make being a bigot too costly.

Bullshit. Credence? A racist facing social consequences makes a racist right?

I'd fire someone for having an Antifa or BLM flag. I guess we should just stop using flags.

This isn't a matter of "I identify as X political party" -> "You are fired for identifying as X political party."

This is a matter of "I'm an employee who flew the flag that is universally known for hate, slavery, and treatment of a people as animals because they have a higher melanin count in their skin just for shits n' giggles" -> "You are fired and we don't care if you didn't believe in the ideals behind that flag or not."

That's not wrongthink.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Someone who supports the confederacy isn't a person that simply disagrees with you on tax policy or healthcare. They support a traitorous movement that got over 600k Americans killed in an attempt to keep using slaves as cheap labor.

I don't blame any company for firing a person like that.

Not my job to convince racists not to be racist.
    A pity. That would actually be a productive goal.

Social control is a valid tactic to force change.
    What you are describing has little place in a democratic society.

Bullshit. Credence? A racist facing social consequences makes a racist right?
    In his mind, it likely does, irrespective of what you, I or anyone else thinks. I suspect that doesn't bother you in the slightest and if that is your stance, so be it. I would suggest though looking at a bigger picture than just simply seeing someone you disagree with getting what for and thinking that will be the end of it. Because it won't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    I'd like to see a social experiment where a black woman displays a confederate flag on her vehicle while at work, just to see the results.

Head's exploding would be fun to watch.
    Me too because I would love to be the one to fire her ass myself, just for giggles to watch her head explode when all the stupid shit edge she went for backfired. Maybe she can work in the cotton fields with the friends she thought she had who wave that flag.

- - - Updated - - -

NO it actually wouldn't it's time to stop holding the fucking hands of racist white supremacist, that shit should have died a long fucking time ago.

Who's asking for permission from white supremacist

In his mind, it likely does, irrespective of what you, I or anyone else thinks. I suspect that doesn't bother you in the slightest and if that is your stance, so be it. I would suggest though looking at a bigger picture than just simply seeing someone you disagree with getting what for and thinking that will be the end of it. Because it won't be.

His mind is garbage along with everyone else who thinks like him, time to stop fucking apologizing for that along with some who think feel they been meant to apologize for their actions.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Not really. Those people are a waste of time. Fuck 'em.

Not really. Social control has been used by any society that ever existed since the dawn of time. Whenever two people interact you have social control.

I don't give a shit about his mind. As long as he keeps that crap in his 4 walls. And if he doesn't he gets punished until he no longer does it.

Woooooow, so hidden racism is OK.

What a wonderful society you want to live in. I'd call it a pile of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Woooooow, so hidden racism is OK.

What a wonderful society you want to live in. I'd call it a pile of rubbish.
    You can go hug the Nazis if you want. Are you doing that?