Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    What you are describing has little place in a democratic society.
    What they're describing IS a democratic society.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Woooooow, so hidden racism is OK.

What a wonderful society you want to live in. I'd call it a pile of rubbish.
    Driving racism underground is the first step to preventing it propagating freely. Once it's isolated, it starts to die off. You normalize difference and acceptance instead of bigotry and hatred, and they slowly over time become the norm.

Let's look at the american approach of letting it fester in public by contrast under the auspices of "free speech" for how well that alternative works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't let my employee; come to my job site, representing my company, display symbols my customers might find offensive. Company did the right thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Oh shit, glad you were here to lay down some truth on us. Will wrapping my head in tinfoil be enough, or should I also get one of those power pyramid things to stand in?
    So capitalism and neoliberalism are conspiracies? Ok.

It's weird how the same people that will argue that Kapernick not having a job is just market forces then turn around and argue you shouldn't fire a racist. Do we believe in firing people or not?

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    It's weird how the same people that will argue that Kapernick not having a job is just market forces then turn around and argue you shouldn't fire a racist. Do we believe in firing people or not?
    I give you three guesses why.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheebuzz View Post
    So capitalism and neoliberalism are conspiracies? Ok.
    No, they're facts. What you're spouting isn't either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So is waving the Confederate flag tantamount to hate speech now?
    Guy wasn't charged with anything involving hate speech..so no...it isn't. This is a private company firing an employee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Sure they can fire them, it's a free market, but am not letting that boss get away with pretending to be Jesus when it's all about his pocket.

Emotionally blackmailing people who are plagued by social and economic uncertainty due to arbitrary population movements and widening wealth gap is more sick than racism itself.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they're facts. What you're spouting isn't either of them.
    Nice facts on your part.

Sure they can fire them, it's a free market, but am not letting that boss get away with pretending to be Jesus when it's all about his pocket.

Emotionally blackmailing people who are plagued by social and economic uncertainty due to arbitrary population movements and widening wealth gap is more sick than racism itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice facts on your part.
    Confederates weren't racists, how do you explain free black men owning black slaves?

The slaves were discriminated against due to their social class, not ethnic origins or skin color, that happened after you got stuck with them.
    Ya, so about your 'facts.'

When you get called out on your bullshit you just ignore it.

Remember, according to the confederate racists, slavery was black people's rightful place in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Ya, so about your 'facts.'

When you get called out on your bullshit you just ignore it.

Remember, according to the confederate racists, slavery was black people's rightful place in the world.
    You want an apology or something?

Hitler was racist, he had a psychosis against Jews in particular that led him to the conclusion that "all jews are bad" and wanted them exterminated to the last one.

The confederates weren't racist, they were xenophobic like everyone else back then, they exploited the weakest of the bunch who couldn't fight back after meeting some physical criteria that made them fit for slaves.

There's a pretty clear distinction between exploiting the weak and hating someone for superficial reasons.

You still haven't explained those black slave-masters, why were they allowed to exist?

You want an apology or something?

Hitler was racist, he had a psychosis against Jews in particular that led him to the conclusion that "all jews are bad" and wanted them exterminated to the last one.

The confederates weren't racist, they were xenophobic like everyone else back then, they exploited the weakest of the bunch who couldn't fight back after meeting some physical criteria that made them fit for slaves.

There's a pretty clear distinction between exploiting the weak and hating someone for superficial reasons.

You still haven't explained those black slave-masters, why were they allowed to exist?
    They believed black people belonged in slavery. That it was their natural place. They believe the idea that all races are equal and should be treated equally is fundamentally flawed. That's racist. I even quoted a speech from the confederate VP saying the exact same thing.

I don't need to explain black slave masters beyond the fact that evil figuratively exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

That's bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

That's bullshit, too. Like, factually incorrect bullshit. Or did WW2 not happen?
    Hahaha. WW2! The war where we defeated racism forever. Fond memories.

We're talking about a guy in the US who lost his job for proudly displaying a racist flag. Thanks for your absolutely useless contribution about how we're making things worse by allowing there to be consequences for that. "Calling out and punishing bigotry just makes bigotry worse!" is a special kind of cowardice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They believed black people belonged in slavery. That it was their natural place.
    That's similar to what the British told my white people during colonial rule, that we are donkeys and our natural place is beneath them. It wasn't racism, it was a bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Hahaha. WW2! The war where we defeated racism forever. Fond memories.

We're talking about a guy in the US who lost his job for proudly displaying a racist flag. Thanks for your absolutely useless contribution about how we're making things worse by allowing there to be consequences for that. "Calling out and punishing bigotry just makes bigotry worse!" is a special kind of cowardice.
    Read the fucking thread before you shitpost.

Read the fucking thread before you shitpost.
    Oh, you mean the fact that it was Canada? Okay, my mistake. Now go re-read my posts again. You still sound like a fool.

Actually, don't even read my posts -- they seem to make you real angry and you start to use your swear words a lot. Instead, check out the absolute diagram of a post that Heladys drew for you earlier on this page. Didn't see you respond to that one!

Edit: There it is! VVVV

Driving racism underground is the first step to preventing it propagating freely. Once it's isolated, it starts to die off. You normalize difference and acceptance instead of bigotry and hatred, and they slowly over time become the norm.

Let's look at the american approach of letting it fester in public by contrast under the auspices of "free speech" for how well that alternative works.
    Uh I propose to teach those people. No idea has ever died off by isolation. Instead of firing such a person, let him work on a project with a multinational team for example. If he can't manage it he's unfit for work and can go through cultural trainings. If he still sucks you can lay him off.

That's just one example of what you can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, you mean the fact that it was Canada? Okay, my mistake. Now go re-read my posts again. You still sound like a fool.
    Nah I won't. I already adressed your points on the first pages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    You can go hug the Nazis if you want. Are you doing that?
    Wow. This intelligent rebuttal. I'm proud of you.

Uh I propose to teach those people. No idea has ever died off by isolation. Instead of firing such a person, let him work on a project with a multinational team for example. If he can't manage it he's unfit for work and can go through cultural trainings. If he still sucks you can lay him off.

That's just one example of what you can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I won't. I already adressed your points on the first pages.
    This just gets better and better. You heard it here first, folks. The solution to workplace bigotry is to subject minorities to having to spend extra close time with the bigots in hopes that they'll come to their senses.

Well the employer has every right to fire him, its his company.

If i had a company i wouldn't hire any lefts

Deleted
    This just gets better and better. You heard it here first, folks. The solution to workplace bigotry is to subject minorities to having to spend extra close time with the bigots in hopes that they'll come to their senses.
    That is how you usually tend to cure irrational fears, it could work on irrational hatreds as well?