Poll: Favorite login music?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    WotLK login screen, that music along with the Sindragosa roaring is just legendary.

Deleted
    WOTLK is amazing and nostalgia would win it over, but Legion.. Oh god that part when all the instruments comer together. it's so F... awesome!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved WotLK and Cata ones

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Because some people have less than perfect internet connection and disconnects happen - you need some way to log back in without restarting game
    But it's FASTER to shut it down and restart it, than type login/password and the Auth-code..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    It's a little off topic but anyone agrees that Tomb of Sargeras boss music is just silly? As in literally, sounds silly... Bad for a boss fight.
    I think it's bugged, cause it will go to that silly repeat tune every time, yet if you turn the music on and off for a sec it goes back to the actual raid music that fits the (sub)zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    The desktop app is not mandatory, you can still launch wow from the 32 or 64 bit executables in the program folder (or wherever you choose to put them). You just have to input your password that way.
    No you cannot..

If Desktop app is NOT running, clicking wow.exe will launch the desktop app.
    If Desktop app IS running, clicking wow.exe will switch focus to desktop app.

Same with wow-64.exe..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla load screen always has the special place for me.

Wotlk and Cata were good too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Am I the only one hearing practically the same song from the first couple minutes of both (WOD/MOP). Are they supposed to be variations on the same theme?
    I get the same thing with TBC and Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No you cannot..

Same with wow-64.exe..
    I literally just tested this after reading your post: double clicked wow-64.exe and the game opened at the login screen asking for my password and the app didn't open.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

No you cannot..

Same with wow-64.exe..
    Wrong. The .exe takes you to the login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    I literally just tested this after reading your post: double clicked wow-64.exe and the game opened at the login screen asking for my password and the app didn't open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wrong. The .exe takes you to the login screen.
    I have two machines that behave as I wrote... And it also goes for D3, HS, HotS, StarCraft, SC2 and OverWatch..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two machines that behave as I wrote... And it also goes for D3, HS, HotS, StarCraft, SC2 and OverWatch..
    I'll admit I have not tried it with the other Blizz titles, but WoW is definitely not opening the app from the .exe for me. Odd.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

I literally had the app closed. It loads the login screen. There are 3 WoW icons in the folder.

World of Warcraft Launcher. Takes you to the app.

WoW and WoW 64.exe take you to WoWs login screen.

i find myself playing with in game music a lot of the time, a lot of it is really nice

i voted for wrath, i like the intro it has, its kinda eerie

Deleted
    Cata > Legion > Mop > Wod > Wrath > Classic > BC

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    slight derail, but does anyone know the song from the legion cinematic trailer... the part that shows karazhan (khadgar speaks over the whole thing) as the bird flies from there toward broken isles.
    Who knows? Probably a remix. Seriously though, what is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I think it's bugged, cause it will go to that silly repeat tune every time, yet if you turn the music on and off for a sec it goes back to the actual raid music that fits the (sub)zone.
    Oh, thanks a lot! I will do that every time I am in there from now on

It's a little off topic but anyone agrees that Tomb of Sargeras boss music is just silly? As in literally, sounds silly... Bad for a boss fight.
    Not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite how people perceive WoD it really did have good intro music :P

So either WoD or WotLK for me... but I am going to go against the grain and say WoD.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-24 at 08:31 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    you should really consider culturing yourself, it feels great
    I was literally wearing a Ziltoid shirt earlier today so do not act like I am not cultured in my musical tastes mmkay? <3

- - - Updated - - -

Because nowadays those people prefer crap that is made mostly of heavy computer editing - it makes them feel "cool" and like "everybody else".
    They can't appreciate true talent and skill.
    I actually know a tremendous amount about music and play multiple instruments, so quit with the assumptions and snobbery. I would argue that someone who is so quick to dismiss 'non-orchestral' music is likely traditional to a fault and closed minded in taste.

To be perfectly honest I find the ingame music to be a bit forced and basic. It exists because it is 'has to'. I thrive on and live off of music but even so I just don't find wow's music to be very remarkable. I would much rather listen to something of my own choosing.

I'm sure there are some or perhaps many for which wow's music is a very important part of the game, and may carry a tremendous amount of nostalgia, as music is very good for, but personally I don't know a lot of players - especially raiders - who even bother with it.