View Poll Results: What is your favorite fast food Burger Joint?

Voters
141. This poll is closed
  • McDonald's

17 12.06%
  • Burger King

24 17.02%
  • Wendy's

25 17.73%
  • Whataburger

15 10.64%
  • Fat Burger (Cause you didn't have to use your A-K)

2 1.42%
  • Krystal's Burger

0 0%
  • White Castle

6 4.26%
  • In and Out Burger or Other (write in comments below)

52 36.88%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Yeah. East Coast American place a tier above places like McDonalds, Burger King, etc.
    They're not exclusive to the US though: we have them all over the UK. Not sure how many other countries they operate in.

But yeah: 5 guys gets by vote waaaay above the options in that list that are available here.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Smash Burger (love the fries)

10+ Year Old Account
    Carl's Jr. The crisscut fries <3
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Since I only know MC Donalds and Burger King, it's Burger King for me.

The only place in that list we have over here is McDonald.. which is my fav anyway.. we also have Quick but I don't like it.

In ohio i havent seen half of these places before so i go with wendys

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Totally wrong about all this. The beef comes from Harris Ranch on I-5, ALL of their beef, which is the grossest shit cesspool of crowded cows in desperation you could possibly imagine.
    Yeah, it's feedlot ranching. But otherwise I don't really care. Having this conversation in a thread about fast food burger preferences seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    They cook EVERYTHING in cottonseed oil, and idk about you, but I don't eat cotton.
    I'll admit that it wouldn't be my first choice, but most of the objection seems to be lipid theory hysteria. I seem to recall watching them wash, peel, cut and cook fries fresh right there in the restaurant where it could all be seen by the customer.

If you object to that kind of meat and just don't eat potatoes, that's fine. Otherwise, and in category, I think In-n-Out is still probably a superior product in terms of the absence of the usual fast food type processing. It's not frozen, I doubt it is chemically flavored or colored. Those may be small benefits but they are still there over literal food-like stuff prepared by the competition. And frankly, In-n-Out is generally more economical for better quality.

Honestly, the weirder thing for me is how In-n-Out packaging has biblical references as that is not something I personally approve.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-08-24 at 02:01 PM.

How can anyone *not* vote for White Castle? I mean come on, where else you gonna get a briefcase full of sliders on the actual menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    It's real food without additives - they raise their beef, make their own buns, and raise their own produce. I know it takes getting used to eating real food without flavorized and chemically created char taste, but there it is.

That's what they used to claim anyway, not sure about now.
    Maybe they could consider using some salt and pepper.

Als I'm in the land of cows, mate. In-n-Out is bland.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that's everywhere? In 'n Out.

local? TKs.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    In-n-Out is bland.
    Try Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. The industrial food production system that is now in place absolutely tries to find a supposed "bliss point" for every product that is made. Every food product produced by this system is flavored, colored, and test marketed until that bliss point is found and then implemented. The result is food that looks and tastes like ultra-food - food the likes of which has never existed before.

What does this mean? A burger made by say Burger King doesn't taste normally, it tastes of ultra char flavoring on purpose and by design. Not because it was "flame broiled" or whatever, but because it is colored and flavored. Meat that is frozen and super processed is then imbued for color and flavor because the intense processing it undergoes removes its natural colors and flavors almost entirely. The resulting product is more "food-like" than actual food.

FWIW, I do "get it." My brother has your opinion exactly and refuses to go to In-n-Out, preferring McDonald's instead. So what's the difference between myself and my brother? Well, he smokes and probably loves salty shit. By contrast, I have never smoked and am a supertaster. So ultra-flavored food works with people that don't taste very well, and tastes like chemical shit for those that can.

When and if you are in a fast food joint, try to recall the wonderful, colorful images of the food on offer as depicted on TV commercials and then try to reconcile that with the sad reality that is before you in the actual fast food restaurant. The food on TV always looks amazing: juicy, stacked tall, overflowing with deliciousness. Then you buy that crap and its awful grey colored shit, squashed in a wrapper, and that tastes like well-flavored cardboard.

http://www.boredpanda.com/fast-food-ads-vs-reality/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta go with Walburgers

Carls jr. for me.
    probably the only fastfood chain in denmark where they make milkshakes from ice scoops and milk rather than the semi-bad soft-ice-mix-by-the-carton mix that most places use.
    burger king and McD serves as great drunk and hangover food tho.

McDonald's doesn't even sell burgers, that shit ain't beef.

Anyhow, I like a local delivery named Big Daddy Burgers. The price is a bit high but they're delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all disgusting slop for peasants
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Of the ones I've tried, Whataburger easily. We don't have White Castle, Fat Boys, or Krystal's around here so I can't speak for them.

Five Guys is about the slowest burger place I've been to, slower than several burger places that are actually intended as sit down and dine places, rather than fast food. Wasn't all that inspiring either, to be honest. For the time and price involved I could get a substantially better burger at several other gourmet/dine in burger places.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    I live in PA and I wish there was an In N Out Burger near me. I keep hearing about how great they are and I'm dying to try them.
    just fly out to Cali bro haha it really is as good as they say. I'm from Germany originally so I was like hey I gotta try it at least once and I was blown away. I pretty much don't eat burgers anywhere else anymore. Five Guys once a year maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    (snip)
    Okay, first of all, to hell with both Burger King and McDonalds. Burger King is the worst fast food place, and McDonalds is only good for when you're not feeling well and you need something that has so little substance that it won't upset your stomach.

The Fast Food joints I'm actually advocating for are this one

and this one

And finally... really mate? You're a supertaster? You are an outlier. Your opinion on the flavor of food is basically useless to anyone who isn't also a supertaster.

It's like getting an opinion on music from someone with severe synesthesia. You're experiencing something the rest of us aren't.
    Last edited by Jetstream; 2017-08-26 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    No Five Guys?? Heresy! Also In-n-Out is overrated. Not as good as Five Guys imo. I think it's just overhyped because it's region exclusive.
    This, so much this. I moved to CA 2 weeks ago for my job. The FIRST thing I did was go to the legendary In and Out Burger. I'd been told about it for the past decade, best burgers ever. I was sorely disappointed. I'd rate the burger as "good" and the fries as "below average" I was honestly shocked. Pathetic. 5 Guys is much better and it's every where. 5 Guys wins.

If you are a West Coaster under the false impression your exclusive in and out is the best you need to go visit 5 Guys now... and stop spreading the false hype over in and out.