Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a bad change honestly. Just means a more active playstyle for Mercy. I am interested in seeing this change in actual play.

Deleted
    Must say, I was terrified when I heard they were going to rework Mercy, fearing they would Roadhog her. But these changes are pretty sweet, definitely an improvement.

It also removes the whole "hide and ress" strategy which I never liked to begin with.

Good work Blizzard.

Poor Orisa, Mercy just got her ult + so much more.

7+ Year Old Account
    if the game could just let me log in for gods sake.

- - - Updated - - -

erm....
    i think nano valkyrie mercy is a bit too strong.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedTsundereScallionPicoMause

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    erm....
    i think nano valkyrie mercy is a bit too strong.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedTsundereScallionPicoMause
    That's exactly what the PTR is for though, they will probably bring down the damage or firing rate a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is gonna bring pharmercy to a brand new lvl.

just imagine a mercy pocket ressing her pharah every 30 seconds.
    or worse, imagine a flying battle mercy that can chain heal and pocket ress her pharah every 10 seconds.

we need an anti air hero next, else pharmercy is gonna get out of control.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad this will finally do away with the whole hide in a corner to attempt a major res, wasn't compelling gameplay at all.

Wow, you guys are all about balance, metagame and stuff, and here I'm sitting and thinking about how much harder Mercy PotG will become :<

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Wow, you guys are all about balance, metagame and stuff, and here I'm sitting and thinking about how much harder Mercy PotG will become :<
    https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/everyagedhydra

edit: god damn gfycat links.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-08-24 at 10:09 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Takes more brainpower than a Mercy sitting under the bridge on the last cap in Temple of Anubis, and then pressing 'Q' without any movement to ress the recently obliterated team

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually kind of stoked about this. The "hide and wait for rez" was always stupid gameplay; shifting that to a single-target E is a great middle ground. I was expecting a cap of say 3 heroes on an ult rez, but I prefer this; Mercy will never be in a "do I rez this one dude or wait for us to get crushed more first" position ever again.

Valkyrie looks like an actually-fun ult, with the same problem as most; you'll pop it, and the enemy Widow will go "awww HELL naw" and headshot you. Which is a good thing. There was zero counterplay to her rez, before, unless you could kill her as she was flying in before she could pop it.
    @Arafal ; the pharmercy thing is a separate issue. At this point, I honestly think they should just remove damage falloff for hitscan heroes. Hitting the target at range is enough of a limit. Nerf their damage slightly if need be, or increase spread, or something. The issue with phamercy is you can't readily counter it with a single hero (because that's 2v1), and having to swap your offense line JUST to deal with a single hero being pocket healed is a bit much. And even her "counters" are mostly even fights with Pharah, unlike, say, Winston vs Widowmaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks really nice. Playing Mercy could get a bit tedious, especially with the 'Hide and Res' or 'We're all playing really well, guess I don't need an ult then' issues. That ult looks special, and ressing every 30s is still really solid and honestly much more usable.

I like these changes. I never liked the hiding and letting people die on purpose playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    No one respected Mercy PotG's to begin with if it involved Resurrections.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    As long as she can't just ressurect an entire team after they're whiped with a good ult, I'm fine with any change.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    As long as she can't just ressurect an entire team after they're whiped with a good ult, I'm fine with any change.
    Assuming optimal conditions, the most times she can Resurrect is 5 after E->Q.

Basically a full old Resurrection over the course of 20 seconds.

Can't say I like her new ult honestly.

I play Mercy to support. Now people are going to expect you to take out the threats they can't handle, like Widowmaker and Pharah.

Don't think her ult should be that aggressive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Assuming optimal conditions, the most times she can Resurrect is 5 after E->Q.

Basically a full old Resurrection over the course of 20 seconds.
    Yes, but now players need half a brain to pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Can't say I like her new ult honestly.

I play Mercy to support. Now people are going to expect you to take out the threats they can't handle, like Widowmaker and Pharah.

Don't think her ult should be that aggressive.
    I seriously doubt that- for one Blizzard already said that pistol damage is going to be nerfed.

Additionally, I would think chain healing/damage boosting will be infinitely preferred over you trying to take to the skies to take out key targets. But the option is still there and Mercy will actually have a judgement call over how best to use her 20 seconds of SHOWTIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Yes, but now players need half a brain to pull it off.
    Oh well.

I'm not a fan of mercy shooting more during the ult, she should be healing and rezing and instead we are all going to have to put up with the team healer trying to be bastion.

"I need heals!"
    "Fuck that, I'm a full battle Mercy!"
    "We are so going to lose..."
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.