Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I seriously doubt that- for one Blizzard already said that pistol damage is going to be nerfed.

Additionally, I would think chain healing/damage boosting will be infinitely preferred over you trying to take to the skies to take out key targets. But the option is still there and Mercy will actually have a judgement call over how best to use her 20 seconds of SHOWTIME.
    Even if it retains her base pistol damage in the end, it's not about just that, it's the maneuverability. So with the "nerf" to something that's still gonna be a boost, it's still most likely going to be expected, unless they gut how offensive it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Even if it retains her base pistol damage in the end, it's not about just that, it's the maneuverability. So with the "nerf" to something that's still gonna be a boost, it's still most likely going to be expected, unless they gut how offensive it is.
    Honestly, I think the support portion of it will far outweigh pistol use regardless, except for extreme circumstances. The beam length is HUGE and has quite a range on the chaining, never underestimate dmg boosting 4-5 teamates or healing them all for 60hps (in a perfect world.... 300 split hps.... damn)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm not a fan of mercy shooting more during the ult, she should be healing and rezing and instead we are all going to have to put up with the team healer trying to be bastion.

"I need heals!"
    "Fuck that, I'm a full battle Mercy!"
    "We are so going to lose..."
    As opposed an Ana trolling your team by Nano-boosting Widowmaker? Terrible players are going to make terrible decisions regardless. Her pistol damage is getting nerfed, and with the influx of Widowmakers incoming because of her buffs, Mercy is going to get shot out of the sky at an alarming rate even with Nano-boost.

I fail to see how that's a problem. There are Hero's that can shoot her out of the sky. She's not going to be a Pharah who can 2-3 shot her supposed counters, she has to be in danger, in line of sight, and also doesn't take away the fact she'd get much more value healing/damage boosting her team.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Makes sense and I love the new changes :-)

I fail to see how that's a problem. There are Hero's that can shoot her out of the sky. She's not going to be a Pharah who can 2-3 shot her supposed counters, she has to be in danger, in line of sight, and also doesn't take away the fact she'd get much more value healing/damage boosting her team.
    Except now she regens health no matter if she's taking damage or not, so you basically HAVE to one shot her.

Except now she regens health no matter if she's taking damage or not, so you basically HAVE to one shot her.
    You will out damage her self-regen. And if the self-regen is too much, Blizz will nerf it.

You will out damage her self-regen. And if the self-regen is too much, Blizz will nerf it.
    The self-regen shouldn't be nerfed, it's something that's baseline for her right now. Also no, you won't, because she moves faster while flying around, so if she's in danger, she'll just fly away from you.

Wow that is probably the biggest change to a character the game has ever had. Considerably bigger than the Symmetra changes.

I do see where they're going with it but it might be a bit extreme...

- - - Updated - - -

You'd think that this would give Widow and Hanzo a viable niche, but it never has before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As opposed an Ana trolling your team by Nano-boosting Widowmaker? Terrible players are going to make terrible decisions regardless. Her pistol damage is getting nerfed, and with the influx of Widowmakers incoming because of her buffs, Mercy is going to get shot out of the sky at an alarming rate even with Nano-boost.

WM is getting a buff? List anywhere with all the changes?

I like the changes. As a general rule of thumb they should have skill play a larger factor in gameplay. Mercy one-tricks are a complete mess on the game atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I like her new ult honestly.

I play Mercy to support. Now people are going to expect you to take out the threats they can't handle, like Widowmaker and Pharah.

Don't think her ult should be that aggressive.
    I disagree. That one gif upthread isn't going to be typical. Going aggro is begging to get yourself killed; Mercy's self-healing isn't THAT great, and she gets zero defenses other than speed here.

Now, going Valkyrie and flying above your team behind a corner while you chain-heal/DPS boost your whole team as an unkillable Norse godling, sure. THAT'S gonna happen, but that's awesome.

About time her bloody mass resurrect got nerf'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    WM is getting a buff? List anywhere with all the changes?
    Her Grapple CD is reduced. I think from 12 to 8 seconds. Mine is getting a buff, revealing people that it poisons. All she needed.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I like her new ult honestly.

I play Mercy to support. Now people are going to expect you to take out the threats they can't handle, like Widowmaker and Pharah.

Don't think her ult should be that aggressive.
    I personally love it, since her Ult gives her the ability to go full hard Heal/Buff or DPS. Which is exactly what a Support should be. Someone that can fill different roles to support their team in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I disagree. That one gif upthread isn't going to be typical. Going aggro is begging to get yourself killed; Mercy's self-healing isn't THAT great, and she gets zero defenses other than speed here.

Now, going Valkyrie and flying above your team behind a corner while you chain-heal/DPS boost your whole team as an unkillable Norse godling, sure. THAT'S gonna happen, but that's awesome.
    It "not being typical" isn't going to change that's what people will expect.

Just like people expect your average Genji to play on Seagull levels. People see it, and then suddenly expect that to be the norm, and will rage when it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I personally love it, since her Ult gives her the ability to go full hard Heal/Buff or DPS. Which is exactly what a Support should be. Someone that can fill different roles to support their team in different ways.
    Mercy was never about going DPS though, unless it was a last minute pinch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mercy was never about going DPS though, unless it was a last minute pinch.
    Which is what encouraged her shitty playstyle. Since she brought nothing of value outside of her Mass rezzing that other Heroes couldn't do better. Now she can do much more to support her team. If you pop Valk and most of your team is already Healthy, then you can use some of her newfound DPS to still be relevant to the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Which is what encouraged her shitty playstyle. Since she brought nothing of value outside of her Mass rezzing that other Heroes couldn't do better. Now she can do much more to support her team. If you pop Valk and most of your team is already Healthy, then you can use some of her newfound DPS to still be relevant to the match.
    No, what encouraged that was the fact that if she died, her ult was useless. So it was more useful to have her stand to the side while others waste their ults on your team.

And that's exactly what my issue is with this, as a support, her ult shouldn't be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It has many uses. I have been giving blizz shit over OW lately, this is a great change and I would love to see more of this.

For example, Scatter Arrow has to go. Should not be firing into the ground as a "sniper" Also, I think Hog needs a rework like this.
    What?

I'm saying it has too many uses is the issue. Mercy is a support, her ult should be supportive more, not encourage people to fly out and battle Mercy, or make teammates feel as if their support should be doing that when Mercy has never played that way before.

The Sym rework is more akin to what I'd want to see, since she still at her core, played the same way but better and more interesting.

I guess if there was something to complain about, it would probably be how completely unhittable Mercy is going to be when she ults. She is going to have way more actual movement than Pharah does, and we all know how hard it is to get your hit scan teammates to take her out. Projectiles hitting a flying Mercy should be pretty much unheard of.

And speaking of Pharah, these changes will probably makes those Pharah/Mercy combos infinity more annoying. Actually manage to kill the Pharah? Insta solo rez. Kill her again? Ult and rez. Probably won't be a huge game changer in the higher ranked games. Mainly in lower levels where people have yet to master hit scans.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, what encouraged that was the fact that if she died, her ult was useless. So it was more useful to have her stand to the side while others waste their ults on your team.

And that's exactly what my issue is with this, as a support, her ult shouldn't be offensive.
    Why though, Support are EXACTLY that, Support. The Category isn't "Healer" it is "Support". Being able to add in some damage inbetween healing or buffing is the very definition of being a Support. You are only looking at her Ult as Offensive when it has both Defensive and offensive uses.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-08-25 at 04:04 AM.