Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I care because i want whatever they announce to actually be useful. Like a game.
    Oh I agree, I don't see it being a slim pro...

Just hope it isn't the GT Ps4...ffs
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it is just a new Steering Wheel for Gran Tourismo.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Honestly part of me hopes they do, and I hope it flops. I want these companies to stop this before it becomes an expectation.
    Well yea sort of. It feels like they are doing DLCs for consoles now.
    Something like this
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Something like this
    This is so fucking true for most companies nowadays lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Something like this
    [img]http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/games-now-and-then-burgers-original-game-expansion-pack-dlc-content.jpg[img]
    Ironic you have a Fallout avatar. I for one actually really liked how FO4's DLC turned out. None of them felt like they were required or should've been part of the game originally. (although I could see an argument for some of the settlement pieces that came with Contraptions. I'm looking at you; concrete walls, nuclear reactor and lamp posts! :P)

Of course, this could all change with their new "Club" thing... but I still like to point out that FO4 got it right IMO with DLC as it felt like more than a complete game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda fuckin betrayed me with Fallout 4. I was not super hyped, but I was excited. I loved Fallout and 4 was a disappointment in anyway. All it had to be was around as good as 3 or NV, and it simply could not be.

All I care about is PSN name changes. Embarrassing they still can't figure out a way to do it.

Also, I highly doubt there's going to be a PS5. We're at a point where consoles are so close to PCs that they're probably just going to keep pushing out PS4 Pro/Scorpio-like upgrades every two years or whatever. Maybe a rebranding of the PS4 to just "Playstation" or something - perhaps introduce a modular type of upgrade system where you can upgrade the gpu or cpu by snapping it onto the console or whatever. Any next generation of consoles would just be boring as it would just be a hardware bump similar to what's already currently happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    perhaps introduce a modular type of upgrade system where you can upgrade the gpu or cpu by snapping it onto the console or whatever.
    Yea, that's never going to happen. In a console it's an APU, that is one single chip that has the CPU and GPU on it. It's not your damn PCs gigantic graphics card that plops into the pcie slot like a lego.

Not to mention companies still void your warranty for opening a device. Expecting anything like this is a pipe dream. Every 2-3 year upgrades is a possibility with lower models being phased out for certain games as they get too old but that's about it. Pretty sure even if they go with this model they will still eventually call one of them the "PS5" and then "PS5 Pro" or so on. The model doesn't stop apple and samsung from putting numbers behind it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-08-25 at 06:15 AM.

Frankly, with them all being on x86 hardware these days, why do they even need a PS5/PS6/whatever. They should just market them as modular PCs basically and come out with a new revision every 3 years or so. That way games can still be played and they don't have to risk rolling the dice on losing the market in the next gen. IE: PS2 dominant, then 360, then PS4, etc.

Console gamers will just have to get used to quality varying like with PC users and not feel like they're being "forced" to buy every single update.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    . IE: PS2 dominant, then 360, then PS4, etc.
    What exactly did the 360 "dominate"? It was 3rd place in sales that gen behind the Wii and PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Frankly, with them all being on x86 hardware these days, why do they even need a PS5/PS6/whatever. They should just market them as modular PCs basically and come out with a new revision every 3 years or so. That way games can still be played and they don't have to risk rolling the dice on losing the market in the next gen. IE: PS2 dominant, then 360, then PS4, etc.

Console gamers will just have to get used to quality varying like with PC users and not feel like they're being "forced" to buy every single update.
    Software optimization and easier to program for. x86 actually means a lot less than you think in this case. No abstraction / to metal programming means a lot in terms of performance and that is extremely hardware specific. Case in point for x86 really not meaning anything is Xbone to XboneX compatibility. Revealed during HotChips this week that they would be emulating for backwards compatibility for older software, and that's always going to inherit a performance penalty. PS4 Pro's was done very specifically with 2x18CU clusters so that one could be shut off in backwards compatibility mode.

A console isn't recognized by the hardware but by the software environment. Cause a "console" and "PC" has been the same idea since they were born. The basics of a CPU, Memory, Sound, GPU when we got to the newer stuff, and so on were all there. The only difference was and always is the software environment.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-08-25 at 06:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Ironic you have a Fallout avatar. I for one actually really liked how FO4's DLC turned out. None of them felt like they were required or should've been part of the game originally. (although I could see an argument for some of the settlement pieces that came with Contraptions. I'm looking at you; concrete walls, nuclear reactor and lamp posts! :P)

Of course, this could all change with their new "Club" thing... but I still like to point out that FO4 got it right IMO with DLC as it felt like more than a complete game.
    Yea i didnt necessarily say DLCs are bad for a game, just that it's a trend now, and they seem to be going the same way with hardware now.
    I really loved fallout 4, and the DLCs
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...