Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post
    Would that mean that you wouldn't see updates to the mentioned files through regular means? I have no idea how it works now, but I can imagine that updates to file in the in-game asset extraction list are more easily noticable than those that are not, even though they are accessible still through community tools. Can you elaborate if this is the case or how it works. I know very little about the file system, the update system and how data miners work. I read the explanation about the CASC system and that was very interesting
    The only thing this list adds in value for us is that we don't have to guess filenames for interface files. Even if they wouldn't be on this list, we can see the files being added, changed or even deleted, we just wouldn't know what to call them without guessing the filename. We'd refer to them by ID. You can see this happen a lot here. The page I linked has one unknown file, we can still extract it etc we just don't know what to call it.

You can type in unnamed in the search bar on the page I linked to see all the files we currently don't know a name of.

7+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2017-08-25 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    Question: why would Blizzard remove these items from the list?
    Possibly an accidental mistake. Ie, they were doing a cleanup preparing for additions of new things related to Zandalari / Kul Tiras, deleting unused things added earlier and accidentally deleted some used things.

Posting on mobile so excuse my grammar. I think the Zandalari filter is a response ala the Cataclysm Halloween Masks. They filtered it and Kultiras to try and misdirect. I am not so sure why they would bother though... or I could be wrong and trolls are coming back. Either way I would think Kul'tiras is confirmed now, if it somehow wasnt before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    It's possible they intended these removals to be found and the Zandalar part is misdirection, similar to when the goblin/worgen halloween masks were found and they then added murloc/ogre/etc. in the next build. All the Zandalar ones refer to things that are already in the live game (well, except maybe the weapons?)
    Maybe, although it would have been more straightforward to just add some new items with suggesting names, leaving them unused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we are getting troll stuff too potentially? Not actually a fan of anything troll. But alright

10+ Year Old Account
    Kul'Tiras & Zandalar could be related somehow, but connecting the Void to it all is the interesting part. Like with Zandalar their has to be Spirits & the Spiritworld. Possibly Hakkar & other Loa, I expect we will hear from Vol'jin again.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Maybe, although it would have been more straightforward to just add some new items with suggesting names, leaving them unused.
    Well, then they would have had to design the actual icons or items or whatever. That would've taken some time, this is just shuffling data around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Guess we are getting troll stuff too potentially? Not actually a fan of anything troll. But alright
    Really? its one of my favorite lore factions

and the patches for them for thhe most part have been fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Really? its one of my favorite lore factions

and the patches for them for thhe most part have been fantastic
    Well a lot of what makes or breaks race content is the art style. I'm not a big fan of troll architect, and the armor/weapons that go with that. I like modern day trolls, and their ideals/personality though. I disliked MoP for this reason but still enjoyed the expansion, and on the opposite spectrum, I liked WoD's artstyle but disliked the content. Maybe it will be different and I'll like it. Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    You know a lot of computer-y sounding words, Marlamin. Can't you just go overclock the UNIX django and basic the DDoS root to disencrypt their kilobytes with a backdoor handshake so you can hack into Blizzard and leak the expansion?

7+ Year Old Account
    You know a lot of computer-y sounding words, Marlamin. Can't you just go overclock the UNIX django and basic the DDoS root to disencrypt their kilobytes with a backdoor handshake so you can hack into Blizzard and leak the expansion?
    This sound like another badly translated chinese leak to be honest.

CONFIRMED: WoW:Reclaiming Gnomeregan

Last I checked that was Chaud's job. Doesnt he do everything around here?

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Well a lot of what makes or breaks race content is the art style. I'm not a big fan of troll architect, and the armor/weapons that go with that. I like modern day trolls, and their ideals/personality though. I disliked MoP for this reason but still enjoyed the expansion, and on the opposite spectrum, I liked WoD's artstyle but disliked the content. Maybe it will be different and I'll like it. Idk
    If I recall correctly, the Zandalari are currently living in a floating fortress, a huge ship or a bunch of ships connected. I think that has a lot of artistic potential. A max level questing zone+dungeon+raid with no land, just this massive wooden structure with different crews (tribes), beasts and traps everywhere.

Of course, even that theme can become tiresome, specially if the same expansion also features goblins and pirates, who happen to have a similar architecture.

Common misconception. Chaud is not an actual person, it's a shared account operated by sixteen Curse interns in the Philippines.
    Next you'll tell me Boub was a man. C'mon now.

Common misconception. Chaud is not an actual person, it's a shared account operated by sixteen Curse interns in the Philippines.
    I legit dont know if thats sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If I recall correctly, the Zandalari are currently living in a floating fortress, a huge ship or a bunch of ships connected. I think that has a lot of artistic potential. A max level questing zone+dungeon+raid with no land, just this massive wooden structure with different crews (tribes), beasts and traps everywhere.

Of course, even that theme can become tiresome, specially if the same expansion also features goblins and pirates, who happen to have a similar architecture.
    Okay, see that sounds really awesome. I'd be on board with that. And actually I Really want to see some sort of pirate/goblin architecture. Every since the fake leak of pistols, my mind just set out for that. I want another 'booty bay' type city. Except have it be a little larger and more interactive. Wanted posters that change for world bosses/world quests or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    That sig tho, I think I'm about to join the team !

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I'm 100% joining your team