Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You have no legal rights to block a public roadway, It's not the driver's fault if you jump in front of his car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akari Theron View Post
    So to all the people saying he did not stop. Well you are wrong.

Look forward to the goal post moving now that some of you are proven wrong.
    Looks like nobody was even injured

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Oh. That makes it even worse.

Not only was the original story and police report proven wrong that he was trying to ride around the crowd (because he could've done that easily), but it also shows that he kept slowly trying to push through the crowd before they started banging on his car to stop.

Even worse, he could've done the same as the van behind him and entirely avoided the crowd.

This video only makes the driver look even more in the wrong.

I really question how people are being so dishonest. Even when given a clear video they refuse to acknowledge the truth that the driver was the one who instigated the video and try to make a snippy comment à la "goalposts will be moved". It's sad and hilarious at the same time.
    Wow, that's some strenching bullshit if I ever did see. He's literally doing nothing illegal.

Deleted
    Funny how your story changed from "he was trying to avoid the crowd" to "he is doing nothing illegal".

Goalposts have been moved indeed.
    I never said he tried to avoid the crowd though, I said it's illegal to block a roadway so don't expect not to be fucking run over. If it was me, I wouldn't have even stopped, I would have kept going 30, Beeped my Horn and ignored any mangled remains that may or may not strike me.

It is literally Illegal to purposely block a car, Even in a legal protest.

Deleted
    Very edgy, but I doubt that is what you would have done anyhow.

Also, you denying that he tried to avoid the crowd is basically you disagreeing with the past 15 pages of the people who dishonestly tried to defend the driver.
    No, they quite successfuly defended the driver because

A) they are Illegally blocking a Public Road.

B) they showed proof he slowed down.

You're defending Illegal Protestors mobbing a car, You are a bloody lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Every "protester" should be charged. blocking traffic is dangerous, not to just them but to the drivers, it's going to take someone getting killed in a traffic accident before harsher punishments happen. If I was driving around people blocking the road and they started kicking and beating my car I would accelerate it too out of fear of my life, regardless who and what they are protesting.
    Then you'll be committing murder. I hope killing people make you feel good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Then you'll be committing murder. I hope killing people make you feel good.
    It's not Murder if they run in front of your car, and you show intent to stop or avoid harm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It's not Murder if they run in front of your car, and you show intent to stop or avoid harm.
    Your read like a wimp that would not be able to control its action and kill a bunch of people because he got scared.

Deleted
    Your read like a wimp that would not be able to control its action and kill a bunch of people because he got scared.
    So what? Is it being Brave to allow a bunch of Mental people to batter on your car in an illegal MOB?

They do not have a right to put me in Danger.

So what? Is it being Brave to allow a bunch of Mental people to batter on your car in an illegal MOB?

They do not have a right to put me in Danger.
    There is no danger, not even when troll taking the opposite stance to troll all the threads.

You're hiding behind a keyboard afterall.

Deleted
    There is no danger, not even when troll taking the opposite stance to troll all the threads.

You're hiding behind a keyboard afterall.
    Wait, how is there no danger when your car is mobbed by Angry protestors beating on the windows?

Little men with small minds, who don't understand that their 'violence' as answer to everything puts their capacity of reasoning and problem solving on the same level as people living in Central Africa or the Middle East.
    Guy defending a mob is also a racist. Go figure.

Not reading through all 15 pages but that video shows a car being surrounded by a mob and escaping. This is not at all equivalent to aggravating a peaceful protest.

Deleted
    If you're ging to stand on the road you have no grounds to complain when a car hits you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    So news update:

Mark Colao, 59, was charged with a felony count of resisting arrest by fleeing and two misdemeanor counts of leaving the scene of an accident and operating a vehicle in a careless manner, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Colao was arrested Wednesday night after he squeezed his car through a crowd protesting the death of a transgender woman at the intersection of Manchester Avenue and Sarah Street.

Colao also flashed his middle finger at a police officer, and “accelerated aggressively” as he drove away from the scene, according to charging documents cited by the Post-Dispatch.

One woman said the car bumped her leg while she was trying to alert the other protesters to move out of the way, the charging documents state.

Colao refused to pull over at first, and police caught up to him when he “violently applied his brakes” to avoid a crash, police said.

On Thursday, St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson tweeted, “Driving into people is totally wrong. People have a right to protest, he should have used common sense and turned around.”

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3440460

--------------------------------

So much for all the idiots who tried to defend the driver. lmao
    Just because you have a right to protest doesn't mean you have to be an obnoxious asshole about it and block traffic. There are better ways to protest that doesn't involve disrupting other people's lives. People have shit to do, like WORK to get paid so the person can pay his/her bills and continue living a good life. These protesters are keeping those people from doing that. Turning around and going the other way means they'll be late for work and being late for work can get someone fired. Then the person will be out of a job that he/she needed all because of a bunch of inconsiderate morons.

I don't give a shit what you're bitching about on the streets. It doesn't give you the authority to block off a whole section of a city. People shouldn't have to turn around and find another route because a bunch of people are butt hurt over something. What, all because you're protesting that makes you more important than me? Fuck that. I mean really is it really asking too much for both sides to just respect each other and to have consideration for one another? Apparently it's too much for this country.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-08-25 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Just because you have a right to protest doesn't mean you have to be an obnoxious asshole about it and block traffic. There are better ways to protest that doesn't involve disrupting other people's lives. People have shit to do, like WORK to get paid so the person can pay his/her bills and continue living a good life. These protesters are keeping those people from doing that. Turning around and going the other means they'll be late for work and being late for work can get someone fired. Then a person will be out of a job that he/she needed all because of a bunch of inconsiderate morons.

I don't give a shit what you're bitching about on the streets. It doesn't give you the authority to block off a whole section of a city. People shouldn't have to turn around and find another route because a bunch of people are butt hurt over something. What, all because you're protesting that makes you more important than me? Fuck that. I mean really is it really asking too much for both sides to just respect each other and to have consideration for one another? Apparently it's too much for this country.
    Yes! Let's add that when you do things like this you hurt your cause. Let's look at BLM and their protesting tactics, thanks to this most people detest them. If I agreed with everything you are marching for but you stand in the streets or things of that nature I will hate your group.

Wait, how is there no danger when your car is mobbed by Angry protestors beating on the windows?
    You see, violence is when you misgender someone, not when someone who you've misgendered strikes you. Obviously you're insufficiently woke around modern discourse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Yes! Let's add that when you do things like this you hurt your cause. Let's look at BLM and their protesting tactics, thanks to this most people detest them. If I agreed with everything you are marching for but you stand in the streets or things of that nature I will hate your group.
    Yeah exactly. It doesn't help their cause when they're pissing people off.

So news update:

Mark Colao, 59, was charged with a felony count of resisting arrest by fleeing and two misdemeanor counts of leaving the scene of an accident and operating a vehicle in a careless manner, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Colao was arrested Wednesday night after he squeezed his car through a crowd protesting the death of a transgender woman at the intersection of Manchester Avenue and Sarah Street.

Colao also flashed his middle finger at a police officer, and “accelerated aggressively” as he drove away from the scene, according to charging documents cited by the Post-Dispatch.

One woman said the car bumped her leg while she was trying to alert the other protesters to move out of the way, the charging documents state.

Colao refused to pull over at first, and police caught up to him when he “violently applied his brakes” to avoid a crash, police said.

On Thursday, St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson tweeted, “Driving into people is totally wrong. People have a right to protest, he should have used common sense and turned around.”

Mayor sounds like appeasing pussy that does not care who breaks the laws in his streets as long as they can spin some good PR from it.
    *people have the right to protest, they should not have the right to screw over other people. (as someone else said on the other side of the argument you reap what you sow, if you go out to piss people off, there is a chance you're going to piss some people off (and some people don't handle being pissed off to well). Dumb ass Mayor says you can't drive over people but fails to mention your not suppose to stand in the street either. (hell at the very least jaywalking).

Here's the issue.

If you want to protest the incident, do it front of the house of the person who's actually responsible for said action, or the police HQ itself. Or doxx him, do whatever you need to do. That's direct and far more effective.

All you succeed in doing by randomly blocking traffic is piss off a shitload of people who either don't care about your current state of outrage, or are unaware of it. This sort of crap is one of the many reasons _LM movements are viewed with so much scorn.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome job, Krewson. Can I just stand in the middle of a random highway with a sign, because it's my 'right to protest'? Can I sue someone when cars don't simply turn around?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    More like.

Multiple people begin slapping person, person pulls out a gun and shoots the next asshole to slap him in the head.

The person in the car attempted to avoid the protestors. The protestors responded by swarming the car and then attacking him/her. At that point the driver is reasonably in fear for their life and can respond accordingly.
    Yeah "avoided" the protestors by jumping into the opposing lane of traffic (illegal), speeding up to an intersection (illegal), and injuring pedestrians with his vehicle (illegal). Textbook reckless endangerment before he even hit a pedestrian.

- - - Updated - - -

So news update:

Lol so obvious. Reckless driving charge even before he hit protesters.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any lawyer that passed the BAR is going to get the guy off with nothing more than a few hours of community service...if that.

How exactly was this guy suppose to know that because a crowd of people were in the street that they were going to surround his car and try to cause property/personal damage? Crowds of people come out of movie theaters, bars, etc and spill out onto streets but don't go beating on people's vehicles.