Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Idea for weapons next expansion

So with Blizzard confirming they won't be taking our current artifacts into the next expansion that leaves us wondering how these almighty weapons will be replaced?

Now these weapons are supposed to be the best of the best and for it to be replaced by a green trash drop next expansion would be weird.. So i've been thinking of a way that they could be replaced.

So i'm guessing that our current artifacts will somehow lose their power by the end of this expansion leaving them useless and basically just a skeleton of the weapon.

It would be cool if from the start of the new expansion we get send on a mission to forge our very own artifact weapon! This could mean we keep the current weapon upgrade system which i think works pretty well and there could be loads of room for personal customization.

This is just a quick thought i had whilst i was sitting at work today buy would be interested to hear if anyone else had any ideas?

If expanded,that could be interesting

i really want a system like the LOTRO one, you have to xp a weapon like now in wow, but you can destroy it and re use the componnent + some rare item + choose some bonus and creat your own weapon. you can also name it. that's cool

No more weapon and they bring back unarmed weapon skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    i really want a system like the LOTRO one, you have to xp a weapon like now in wow, but you can destroy it and re use the componnent + some rare item + choose some bonus and creat your own weapon. you can also name it. that's cool
    This sounds really interesting, kinda thing i had in mind also naming a weapon would be cool! would make it unique too

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    LotRO legendary weapons are the best of their kind.that game have so many great ideas

7+ Year Old Account
    please no more RNG for weapons i hate competing against players for a weapon i need. thats a thing of the past
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Being able to craft your own weapon sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubiwow View Post
    This sounds really interesting, kinda thing i had in mind also naming a weapon would be cool! would make it unique too
    in lotro i have my Second Age axe for my dwarf, with an extra damage on dragon, so yes it's cool! it's allow you to create a nice background for your character. moreover you can xp several minor weapon to creat a better one. or if you are greedy sell the rare power you extracted from it. i dream of somthing like that in WoW

Possibly forging your own weapon? With appearances having you gathering parts to mix and match! Doubt it though Not sure how they're going to make things make sense when we go from Ashbringer and Staff of Sargeras to some randoms(?)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Crafting your own weapon just doesn't make sense for all classes, to me. I can see a Warrior or Rogue doing that, but I can't envision a Mage all that motivated to craft a staff. Or a Demonology Warlock to write a book or assemble a... skull, or w/e they use. I dunno, just feels forced on a few classes. Also going from Doomhammer to a crafted mace would feel cringeworthy on a Shaman, to give another example. Of course I'm just talking about class fantasy things. Naming our own weapon is kinda cool, I guess, but you'd get people naming their weapon "Anal Probe" and shit like that. Kinda makes me doubt Blizzard would allow that sort of thing on WoW. Plus, with custom named weapons, that'd be weird if all the weapons looked the same but with different names.
    ... Really? That's otherwise rather classic fantasy, to have a mage/wizard create his own staff/wand through articulate research and studying.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Naming our own weapon is kinda cool, I guess, but you'd get people naming their weapon "Anal Probe" and shit like that. Kinda makes me doubt Blizzard would allow that sort of thing on WoW. Plus, with custom named weapons, that'd be weird if all the weapons looked the same but with different names.
    problem solve if nobody can see the name of your weapon like in Lotro.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubiwow View Post
    So with Blizzard confirming they won't be taking our current artifacts into the next expansion that leaves us wondering how these almighty weapons will be replaced?

Now these weapons are supposed to be the best of the best and for it to be replaced by a green trash drop next expansion would be weird.. So i've been thinking of a way that they could be replaced.

So i'm guessing that our current artifacts will somehow lose their power by the end of this expansion leaving them useless and basically just a skeleton of the weapon.

It would be cool if from the start of the new expansion we get send on a mission to forge our very own artifact weapon! This could mean we keep the current weapon upgrade system which i think works pretty well and there could be loads of room for personal customization.

This is just a quick thought i had whilst i was sitting at work today buy would be interested to hear if anyone else had any ideas?
    Heres what i think is going to happen. Our weapons get drained during some patch that happens after the Argus raid, probably a little bit before 8.0, and they are replaced by just a generic epic weapon.

Reason for this, our characters become under powered, since we just slayed gods. In the aftermath of our weakening, we lose our spot at the top of class order. We get thrust into the new expansion as generic member of our class. We spend the expansion trying to figure out how to regain some power, but are stuck fighting pirates (in the south seas), trolls, and other "lower classed adversaries".

Since were going to be titan slayers, this is really the only logical path.

Deleted
    Crafting your own weapon just doesn't make sense for all classes, to me. I can see a Warrior or Rogue doing that, but I can't envision a Mage all that motivated to craft a staff. Or a Demonology Warlock to write a book or assemble a... skull, or w/e they use. I dunno, just feels forced on a few classes. Also going from Doomhammer to a crafted mace would feel cringeworthy on a Shaman, to give another example. Of course I'm just talking about class fantasy things. Naming our own weapon is kinda cool, I guess, but you'd get people naming their weapon "Anal Probe" and shit like that. Kinda makes me doubt Blizzard would allow that sort of thing on WoW. Plus, with custom named weapons, that'd be weird if all the weapons looked the same but with different names.
    Well regardless those Shamans will be losing Doomhammer and will be left with nothing...

Why couldn't you see a mage crafting their own staff? could be cool say if you play Arcane you could use certain items to infuse it with Arcane magic to empower it and amplify your Arcane dmg

Pretty sure infusing a staff as a mage with magic makes sense
    You're also a mage,it's not like you're gonna need to actually use your hands.
    Same,as a shaman you can just call the elements to form your hammer from the very earth and shit like that.

Crafted doesn't have to mean handcrafted

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    please no more RNG for weapons i hate competing against players for a weapon i need. thats a thing of the past
    This is a cornerstone of MMORPGs...

When I think crafted, I assume a tailored storyline where you don't actually name your own weapon. It'll be similar to the class campaign where your weapon grows in power over time.

...now that I think about it, we might as well use artifacts again xD

We should absorb the power of the weapon keep most of our traits and turn them into core skills and passives, We don't need any weapons anymore since we became the weapon ourselves, That would be acceptable in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    We should absorb the power of the weapon keep most of our traits and turn them into core skills and passives, We don't need any weapons anymore since we became the weapon ourselves, That would be acceptable in my book

and i think blizz will follow that way, i preferd a crafted one but we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Use our arms as swords?