Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Blizzard trademarks "Cataclysm"

um, this is entirely new game, built from scrap, meaning no WoW, Warcraft, Starcraft nor Diablo story involved. Wonder what they would being to the table...

Theres no way they are going to introduce a new expansion this early, Im putting my money down it either their new MMO, or a damn patch(highly doubtful). Or Maybe Diablo 3 New name. >_> thats even doubtful

[size=10pt]THE SCREENSHOT OF THE ORGINAL THRED IS MANIPULTATED I HAVE REACHED A SAUCE OF THE ORIGINAL POST AND I HAVE A SCREENSHOT OF THE ORIGINAL POST FOR YOU[/size] .

There is a slight difference in the 100+ level zones.

The reason you cant see it on the iternets anywhere else and only i has it is because http://www.knittingforums.com/ was wiped out before that date.

Oh Marry the Holy Virgin please save.

You retards.

Read what you posted.

"You cant find XYZ on internet beacause blizzard forums were wiped"

My theory is still based around Starcraft 2. I think SC was the only Blizzard game that had mission packs/expansions with one word in the name, and they were Insurrection and Retribution. Starcraft 2 : Cataclysm sounds better than World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.

It just sounds too "final" for WoW, if people understand my meaning.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

I honestly think that if all the speculation about this expansion is true...it will be amazingly epic

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    My theory is still based around Starcraft 2. I think SC was the only Blizzard game that had mission packs/expansions with one word in the name, and they were Insurrection and Retribution. Starcraft 2 : Cataclysm sounds better than World of Warcraft : Cataclysm.

It just sounds too "final" for WoW, if people understand my meaning.
    They probably won't have expansions to SC2 as they are already making it into 3 games.

Which each have names of their own already.

Plus Cataclysm refers to the Cataclysm in WoW. To be honest, there is little doubt that it is anything other than a WoW expansion.

Crossposting the following in every current thread about the "list", feel free to copy this to other websites:

Arguments for the authenticity of the "list":
    • "Memories" of a certain number of people, who state they have seen this and exactly this string of characters before September 2007 already, and not other, similar speculations based on the previous games or the RPG books, which have always floated around the net.

Arguments against the authenticity: (oh god where do I begin)
    • The most important thing: There is no factual evidence whatsoever that this very alignment of letters existed before September 2007. The earliest known reference is that infamous thread on Allakhazam which was posted not even 2 weeks after the Northrend zones were officially announced.
    • There is also a screenshot of the supposed original post by Caydiem, but this only started to appear in 2009, too. It is likely based on this 2005 screenshot of several posts by Caydiem, the date in the first post is nearly the same as in the supposed 2004 screen, with differences just the year and the time.
    • Supposedly this list was known since 2003, but Blizzard had all topics mentioning it deleted - this can only be true for the official WoW forums, not for independent sites. If Blizzard had pressed those sites to also delete postings of the list, you can be sure as hell one rogue site admin would've taken this as a proof for the authenticity, and would've posted it even more, spreading it to everyone who would've wanted to read it. Plus, archive websites like Google or web.archive.org would be able to find even those deleted threads.
    • Strangely, the Northrend Set has 2 starting areas, a method which isn't really used in any other set - in fact, that Northrend has 2 entry zones came from the experience they made with Hellfire Peninsula, which was heavily overpopulated the first days and weeks after the release of BC.
    • Azjol-Nerub had always been planned as its own zone, up until somewhere mid-alpha, it wasn't mentioned anymore when they officially announced the Northrend zones. If the list had been from 2003, it would sure still list Azjol-Nerub as a zone.

Rather neutral points, which still should get you thinking:
    • Bloodmyst Isle is misspelled as "Bloodmyrk", suggesting that this zone was renamed during development, on the other hand this could be a deliberate misspelling.
    • "The Deadlands" appear to be the Bone Wastes as their own zone, which actually appeared in 2.0 as a subzone of Terokkar Forest, again you can't say whether this was a change of plans or a deliberate addition to confuse people.
    • All mentioned zones were well-known in 2007 through the previous RTS games and the RPG source books, every experience player could've produced a similar list on his own, with the expansions sorted by their possibility of being made - assuming Outland and Northrend are confirmed as expansions, the Maelstrom/South Sea is the next most possible expansion, rather closely followed by the Emerald Dream. The other "sets" might be too abstract for new players, WoW would need to gain a certain playerbase through "familiar" content/zones, close to known fantasy settings, before venturing into weird stuff as the Elemental Plane or the Legion-controlled nightmares of planets. This holds true for both years of origin, 2003 and 2007, but again it's a proof for neither.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

What I find kind of odd with the "Maelstorm set" zones on that list is the incredible varying geographical locations, I mean.. From Gilneas to Grim Batol to those islands, atleast the two first seem very strange, especially compared to the two other expansions with every leveling area in one giant continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponx
    What I find kind of odd with the "Maelstorm set" zones on that list is the incredible varying geographical locations, I mean.. From Gilneas to Grim Batol to those islands, atleast the two first seem very strange, especially compared to the two other expansions with every leveling area in one giant continent.
    Good point. At least Grim Batol and Gilneas would've probably been planned for the mainland set ("Vanilla") instead of associating them with the South Sea, only Gilneas would somehow fit to that theme by default.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

THis is what im talking about!!!!!!111one.. Nice blizzzz<w
    "Two things are infinte: the universe and human stupidity; and im not sure about the universe"

Gilneas fits in as it's suspected to be over taken by Naga, who are quite obviously linked to the Maelstrom.

Perfect time to put it in-game, and to make it a zone where you learn about the upcoming threat.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Deleted

well.. if the next expansion is the maelstrom which was formed by the explosion of the well of eternity be sure to see Tyrande Windwhisper, Maeiv Shadowsong, Malfurion Stormrage ETC and possibly mini titan people for playable race? hehe that wud b fun

Ok, For one.
    Blizzard, no matter how many games they have coming out will NOT put an end to wow.
    Atleast not yet.
    It's the most populated mmo in existence. They aren't gonna say "Adios" to a game that over 13 million people play, That's more than some countries.

and Second, Just because they put a trademark on Cataclysm doesn't mean the X-pac has to be called that.
    For all we know it could be called "The Well Of Eternity."
    which they already HAVE trademarked.
    So let's just wait for Blizzcon and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by chbec
    Hmm, another cot instance featuring guldan in the tomb of sargeras maybe?
    yeah so humans can get random generated orc skins! female orcs! have fun!

Queen Azshara wont be and cant be a last boss.The old god who Azshara serves will be last boss.By the way, Azshara is working for an old god atm.Not Sargeras.And she is not strong enought the be lst boss of an expansion.(According to lore.. )

Queen Azshara wont be and cant be a last boss.The old god who Azshara serves will be last boss.By the way, Azshara is working for an old god atm.Not Sargeras.And she is not strong enought the be lst boss of an expansion.(According to lore.. )
    According to lore Queen: "Azshara is the greatest mortal mage ever to live. In fact she may no longer be mortal." (wowwiki.com) I hope they dont make the old god the last boss and we dont know if Azshara works for it...

I do think that this is going to be the next expansion, cuz it makes all sense.. lorewise.

I see thousands of naga and murloc slaves swimming around you while you bash into them with your submarine.. vehicles FTW :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Can I have a 'hell' and a 'yeah'?
    HELL YEA! A cataclysm expansion sounds so awesome. Can't wait for Wotlk to be over, nobody will remember that crap expansion!

Let us just forget wrath and wrathbabies never were a thing and hope that the retarded horse was the only store mount ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    HELL YEA! A cataclysm expansion sounds so awesome. Can't wait for Wotlk to be over, nobody will remember that crap expansion!

Let us just forget wrath and wrathbabies never were a thing and hope that the retarded horse was the only store mount ever.
    what year is it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post

if you havent noticed, the current year is 2017, not 2009.

Formerly known as Arafal