Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Not ragging on OP here, but I'm beginning to think this subforum needs a rule update that threads discussing non-canonical material sourced from Hearthstone and HotS need to be locked. Not infracted, just locked, because this sub is a discussion board for WARCRAFT LORE, and having threads made inside it about things the devs have repeated verbatim multiple times a year "THESE THINGS ARE NOT CANON LORE" just defeats the very purpose of the sub. It's like making a thread about Starcraft 2 in the WoW gen disc sub.
    You make a fair point, and clearly something non-cannonical that even appears in other games should not be taken seriously in the warcraft lore section. But at the same time, the point was to humour the idea if jaina was actually a dreadlord, do discuss what implications it could have in the lore, and the story that blizzard could implement with the skin. Perhaps there should be a board for non-cannonical things in WoW lore? I just believed that people in the wow lore forum would find this interesting and come up with cool discussions. I do disagree with your comparison though, as the lore of the skin in hots is still connected to wow lore just as much as, lets say, medan is (I think he is non-cannon now).

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    ... This would also confirm that Arthas slept with a Dreadlord...

Ew.
    Futunari Dreadlord Jaina + Arthas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    Ummm .. It's just a skin , a non-canonical skin

- - - Updated - - -

He is joking ^ Hopefully
    Eh, just thought it could be fun to speculate. If she is a dreadlord (which she most definitely is not) this would be an interesting speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    Fucking perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    I expected this talk from @Arrashi.

Shame, SHAME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad they dropped the dreadlord shit in HotS where it will never be canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Super swell. Also roller derby Nova was the first to actual wield it Frostmourne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed by Ion as non-canon. Jaina is not a dreadlord.

Sorry to break the bubble.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Ummm .. It's just a skin , a non-canonical skin
    Frankly, given what they did with some of them, it should be pretty obvious that HotS skins aren't reliable canon information. Though i suppose some people would be stupid enough to think that Samuro is really the Monkey King.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Confirmed by Ion as non-canon. Jaina is not a dreadlord.

Sorry to break the bubble.
    Yeah I think we can put the idea to rest now. If were getting a Kultiras xpac they have other plans for her drawn out already

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind people The hearthstone and heroes of the storm are completely different universes meaning jaina in world of warcraft no matter how much and or how hard you want her to be a dreadlord that is never gonna happen to my sweet kind sexy and perhaps the best female human ever created in the game so yeah thats my take on it.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Keep in mind people The hearthstone and heroes of the storm are completely different universes meaning jaina in world of warcraft no matter how much and or how hard you want her to be a dreadlord that is never gonna happen to my sweet kind sexy and perhaps the best female human ever created in the game so yeah thats my take on it.
    Er... *makes disgusted face and slides away without movement animation*

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You're just upset because you know it's false.
    "Jaina's drastic personality change gave rise to the largely tongue-in-cheek theory that she is, or was at one point replaced with, one of the nathrezim. Jesse Cox popularized this theory at various BlizzCons and his YouTube series, sparking a lot of ironic (and some earnest) support for it within the community. Evidence ranging from her frequent changes in attitude to plot-convenient inconsistencies with her magical power - some cases as far back as Wrath of the Lich King - has been cited as "proof" that she is a subversive force in the Alliance. The "Jaina is a Dreadlord" theory has even received nods from Blizzard; the World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2 redirects readers to "Jaina Proudmoore" if they look up "dreadlord" in the index. When outright asked if Jaina is a dreadlord, however, Alex Afrasiabi confirmed she is not.[40]"

Source[40] : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...f-Warcraft-Q-A

Yeah ... It's "False"
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2017-08-26 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    "Jaina's drastic personality change gave rise to the largely tongue-in-cheek theory that she is, or was at one point replaced with, one of the nathrezim. Jesse Cox popularized this theory at various BlizzCons and his YouTube series, sparking a lot of ironic (and some earnest) support for it within the community. Evidence ranging from her frequent changes in attitude to plot-convenient inconsistencies with her magical power - some cases as far back as Wrath of the Lich King - has been cited as "proof" that she is a subversive force in the Alliance. The "Jaina is a Dreadlord" theory has even received nods from Blizzard; the World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2 redirects readers to "Jaina Proudmoore" if they look up "dreadlord" in the index. When outright asked if Jaina is a dreadlord, however, Alex Afrasiabi confirmed she is not.[40]"

Source[40] : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...f-Warcraft-Q-A

Yeah ... It's "False"
    And Bladespire and Karabor are the capital cities of WoD.

Oh wait... sometimes Blizzard is full of shit...

Also btw this wouldent even fit the Dreadlord jaina theory.
    as "jaina became a dreadlord" after theramore, the theory being she died in theramore and a dreadlord replaced her.

cause i mean after her city was nuked, only a dreadlord would make the decision to drown orgrimmar but then decide not to?

- - - Updated - - -

And Bladespire and Karabor are the capital cities of WoD.

Oh wait... sometimes Blizzard is full of shit...
    lore/=/game devolpment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also btw this wouldent even fit the Dreadlord jaina theory.
    as "jaina became a dreadlord" after theramore, the theory being she died in theramore and a dreadlord replaced her.

cause i mean after her city was nuked, only a dreadlord would make the decision to drown orgrimmar but then decide not to?

- - - Updated - - -

lore/=/game devolpment
    Blizzard=Blizzard.

That said I am shitposting at this point. Blizzard don't need to make her a Dreadlord for her to be a villain, nor do I think they would.

She just needs to continue doing what she's doing now, gradually becoming more extreme. Kinda like Garry. It's poetic really.

Blizzard=Blizzard.

That said I am shitposting at this point. Blizzard don't need to make her a Dreadlord for her to be a villain, nor do I think they would.

She just needs to continue doing what she's doing now, gradually becoming more extreme. Kinda like Garry. It's poetic really.
    Has she ever gotten "extreme"

She worked with the horde to fight the legion
    she helped the horde kill her father to help them survive
    she let the horde into the kirin tor
    she gave her personal funds to baine to help recclaim his city from the grimtotem
    her city was nuked and her best friends husband aswell as her apprentive killed in it
    she then threatened to drown their home city... but decided not to.
    the horde used her city to steal the divine bell during a time of "peace"
    Garrosh nearly slaughtered her friends son, someone she has spent alot of time with
    she teleported those who would not fight her out of the city but those that resisted were killed or sent to the stockades.
    She then asked varian to dismantle the horde so they could manage them better and take the races they wanted like the tauren and maybe the blood elves
    she didnt like helping the horde in wod? omfg so evil~
    The horde "caused varians death"
    she left the kirin tor to manage her home land in legion cause she didnt want to hang around with the horde?
    Omfg she is so, so evil~

Remeber when Varian said "i hope this death god eats you all" and decided to not help against the forces of udluar because garrosh showed up to the meeting?
    and she is unstable but hes not?
    ok kewl
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-08-26 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has she ever gotten "extreme"

She worked with the horde to fight the legion
    she helped the horde kill her father to help them survive
    she let the horde into the kirin tor
    she gave her personal funds to baine to help recclaim his city from the grimtotem
    her city was nuked and her best friends husband aswell as her apprentive killed in it
    she then threatened to drown their home city... but decided not to.
    the horde used her city to steal the divine bell during a time of "peace"
    she teleported those who would not fight her out of the city but those that resisted were killed or sent to the stockades.
    She then asked varian to dismantle the horde so they could manage them better and take the races they wanted like the tauren and maybe the blood elves
    she didnt like helping the horde in wod? omfg so evil~
    she left the kirin tor to manage her home land in legion cause she didnt want to hang around with the horde?
    Omfg she is so, so evil~

Remeber when Varian said "i hope this death god eats you all" and decided to not help against the forces of udluar because garrosh showed up to the meeting?
    and she is unstable but hes not?
    ok kewl
    Last I checked ethnic cleansing was something typically associated with evil folk. Which is what the purge of Dalaran was. Removing all the horde races either violently or by imprisonment for the crimes of one rogue agent.

Last I checked ethnic cleansing was something typically associated with evil folk. Which is what the purge of Dalaran was. Removing all the horde races either violently or by imprisonment for the crimes of one rogue agent.
    Was much more then one rogue agent, it was a group under Aethis, and lothamar let it pass, yes he did not know, but he did no question at all why it happened, or why they had the bell.

She had been betrayed by these people time and time and time again, she had no longer for them, and no reason to keep them around, so she removed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was much more then one rogue agent, it was a group under Aethis, and lothamar let it pass, yes he did not know, but he did no question at all why it happened, or why they had the bell.

She had been betrayed by these people time and time and time again, she had no longer for them, and no reason to keep them around, so she removed them.
    A group of Garrosh's spies. Who threatened Aethas.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-08-26 at 04:51 PM.

A group of Garrosh's spies. Who threatened Aethas.
    Yet Aethas let it happen