Poll: Hulked Gul'dan vs Lich king

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The asphalt is one of the theories made of the Naaru crystal.
    Lei Shen fought Xuen for a month, not three days.
    Malorne really scratched Archimonde. He wounded him.
    Lei Shen is equal to Archimonde? What nonsense are you talking about? Why do you consider your hedcanon to be a canon?

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Gul'dan no doubt! Stop being fan boys of Arthas.
    We are more powerfull then him right now!
    We fight Old Golds and Titans.
    And yet Arthas was the only one to actually kill us in an instant when he was done testing us.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    For all we know, Lei Shen at his primes could had stood up to Archimonde too. And was it ever mentioned that Malorne let alone Cenarius were stronger than Xuen? Mannoroth isn't that powerful in my opinion. He was one shot by a powerful Orc not once but twice and I don't think Grom would stand a chance against Kel'thuzard or some of the other Scourge commanders like Saurfang Jr. Assuming you view High Overlord Saurfang as strong as Grom than it's pretty comparable.

The Lich King turned Saurfang's son into a Deathknight at the Wrathgate. Later on when High Overlord Saurfang tried to attack his son. Deathknight Saurfang Jr easily froze him in place. Again assuming you view HO Saurfang as strong as Grom than Deathknight Saurfang Jr could had done the same to Grom. Which means Deathknight Saurfang Jr>Grom>Mannoroth. Now Mannaroth is nothing compared to either of the Arch Demonlords but at the same time, Deathknight Saurfang Jr is nothing compared to the Lich King. Won't this mean Lich King = Archimonde/Kil'jaeden at least?
    Lei Shen was on his prime during his battle with Xuen.....
    Well Sargeras said during Wota that mannoroth is stronger than Cenarius and Cenarius could wipe out Saurfang junior and KT at the same time. I would say Saurfang is nearly as powerful as Grom by a lonsghot.
    To be fair Mannoroth has proven his defences are really weak when he underestimates his opponents so in a realistic figh they would defeat mannoroth because he would underestimate them. I'd say if you just but they powers only against one another LK and mannoroth is on the same level but Mannoroth has alot of weird weakness towards Grom. Also LK had trouble on destroying or demolishing cities and Archimonde turned Dalarans in to a total ruins. The small amount of power Sargeras gave to Illidan during wota made him arthase's equal at his prime before LK stage. In wc2 it was said Gul'dan was the strongest named character including uther whom Arthas in hi prime nearly died. During wod panels it was said Legion gave Gul'dan more power so he could do the legions biding against the iron horde that means he was then stronger than Uther already. Also nearly the same was said that KJ gave gul'dan more power before begining legion. The hulked Gul'dan power boost from Sargeras turned him into a demon and max half of MU gul'dans power turned Illidan into a demon. So that means Sargeras must have given him alot of power. with these powers alone LK and Hulked Gul'dan is in equall stand but giving him eye of aman'thul and Scepter of sargeras is just unfair. Hulked Gul'dan vs LK would depend how they would approuch the battle though LK has ner'zhul's memory's so it gives him and edge but hard to say. It was said that Malorne is the most Powerful wild God and Xuen is an wild God.

Sargeras never said that Mannoroth is stronger than Cenarius.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    And yet Arthas was the only one to actually kill us in an instant when he was done testing us.
    llidan also defeated the heroes and prepared to kill them, Maiev saved them (and it was the weakened Illidan who was at death, as it turned out in the book about him).
    In one of the dungeons of the LK was the boss who lowered the HP of the heroes to 1 and healed them, because he was bored.
    Arthas is not nearly as strong as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Hmm, let me change the rules. This is Gul'dan without the eye of Aman'Thul. Only with the buff of Sargeras and the Scepter.
    Where is he getting the scepter from when the warlocks have had it pretty much all expansion. If you're giving him the scepter of sargeras then LK gets all of the keepers of Ulduar and Odyn.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    What about a still living Galakrond vs Lich King? Since the gigantic dragon is a living being with flesh. Would the Lick King still be able to one shot it?
    game of thrones season 7 episode 6, 1 shot dragon, raise dragon.

that's how it's done.

as for more proof when questing in dragonblight the lich king has minions there digging him out so the lich king can raise him.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Where is he getting the scepter from when the warlocks have had it pretty much all expansion. If you're giving him the scepter of sargeras then LK gets all of the keepers of Ulduar and Odyn.
    Check the first post of this thread it says hulked Gul'dan with scepter of Sargeras.... read man read...

Sargeras never said that Mannoroth is stronger than Cenarius.

- - - Updated - - -

llidan also defeated the heroes and prepared to kill them, Maiev saved them (and it was the weakened Illidan who was at death, as it turned out in the book about him).
    In one of the dungeons of the LK was the boss who lowered the HP of the heroes to 1 and healed them, because he was bored.
    Arthas is not nearly as strong as you think.
    It was never straightly said but it there are many thing sargeras and archimonde say throught the three books refer that Mannoroth would be stronger than Cenarius.
    Also Baron ashburry in shadowfang keep does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Check the first post of this thread it says hulked Gul'dan with scepter of Sargeras.... read man read...

It was never straightly said but it there are many thing sargeras and archimonde say throught the three books refer that Mannoroth would be stronger than Cenarius.
    Also Baron ashburry in shadowfang keep does that.
    I'm waiting for a quote

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Scepter is needed as a counterweight to Frostmourne

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

that's how it's done.

as for more proof when questing in dragonblight the lich king has minions there digging him out so the lich king can raise him.
    The Galakrond was stronger than Tyr. Tyr is stronger than Lei Shen. Lei Shen is stronger than the Lich King. So...
    Last edited by darkoms; 2017-08-25 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted

that's how it's done.

puff guldan summons a pit lord

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    puff guldan summons a pit lord
    pit lord, i think those are breakfast for an undead galakrond.

I'm waiting for a quote

- - - Updated - - -

Scepter is needed as a counterweight to Frostmourne

- - - Updated - - -

The Galakrond was stronger than Tyr. Tyr is stronger than Lei Shen. Lei Shen is stronger than the Lich King. So...
    I searched the quote after I'll get some sleep but only thing that kind says it that in the original timeline Mannoroth was defeated by cenarius and thrown back in the twisting nether in wc3 manual and in well of eternity dungeon we see mannoroth is holding the portal up which takes alot of his power and the wording in wc3 manual thrown defeated and thrown back refeers that he was defeated which caused him to be thrown b literally back to the twisting nether in well of eternity instance and for certain we can say in that timeline there was no Broxigar so it was closer to the original and mannoroth did the same thing IE keeping portal for sargeras open so we assume that in that timeline he did the same thing and we nothing which negates that.

Deleted
    pit lord, i think those are breakfast for an undead galakrond.
    didnt realize you talked about galakrond.

ok then, LK couldve raised galkrond.
    guldan couldve summoned sargeras.
    but at this point it aint a battle between guldan and LK, is it?

the thread is about LK and guldan 1v1.

Lich King Arthas? Is that with or without Ner'zul?

Ner'zul knows Gul'dan very well and most likely knows all his tricks plus he has the vitality of a young Arthas to do all the muscle and sword play.

IMO its Lich King for the knockout!

Lich King is easily the most overhyped boss of WoW. In large part thanks to people who think Warcraft series started with Warcraft 3. He's officially weaker than Lei Shen. He's utterly ineffective against, not to mention outclassed by, Deathwing. Same applies to the likes of Archimonde and Kil'jaeden. Hulked Gul'dan would be a strong contender all of his own. Give him the second strongest Artifact weapon and with his proficiency in demonic magic he'd just tear reality around the Lich King.

And Deathwing broke the world by just re-entering it. Also we're still mortal in the end. We're also still likely to be below main lore characters in power. Characters like Varian. Whom Gul'dan disenchanted with a touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    What's with this obsession with wether Illidan, Gul'dan, Azshara or Mudmug can beat Arthas or not?
    How good a villain is is not measured by power level.

So far Arthas is the best written villain Blizzard has come up with, which is sad cause he is an odd mix of Anakin Skywalker, Sauron and Davy Jones with no real original idea in him.

In terms of gameplay Gul'dan is stronger. I mean by the time you get to Gul'dan you can solo the entire ICC raid on any difficulty.

In universe, hard to say. I mean we never really saw Arthas seriously fight since he sat on the throne. He one shot the entire raid. Before that he was toying with us. His overconfidence was his downfall. Like how the Emperor died at the hands of the afore mentioned Anakin, despite being far far stronger. We can't really measure his strength.

I personally would give this to Arthas as he could probably cut down Gul'dan in a few hits. Gul'dan is more of a manipulator than a fighter and this is a 1 on 1 duel. Besides you can't manipulate mindless zombies.
    But even this is just a random bet on my part.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-08-25 at 11:46 PM.

Before the Artifacts.

7+ Year Old Account
    While i think that Arthas would be a good contenstant, I do worry about the fire that spew from hulked'dan, would it melt the lich king?

I mean... It would be an emberrassing defeat if thats the case.

Theoretically speaking, Gul'dan should win. However Arthas/The Lich King is a seasoned warrior that knows how to absorb souls and is the master of undead frost magic. My guess is that if Gul'dan does not underestimate Arthas, Gul'dan will win.

However Gul'dans one weakness is underestimating his enemies. Which I am pretty sure the Lich King could exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, what does the Lich King have available to him? Gul'dan can summon high level demons between the Scepter and his own skills so what Scourge minions are we giving the Lich King? Lich King with Frostmourne still stands a solid chance because he is very sturdy and Frostmourne can probably oneshot Gul'dan; Gul'dan does not have the martial skill to parry and dodge that.

I think it is a very good matchup for Arthas.
    I agree with you, but it seems most are picking Gul'dan.

I would say that if Gul'dan is summoning high level demons during the encounter then Arthas should be able to bring his armies of scourge with him. Don't forget that the scourge army includes high level undead and undead dragons.

I think this battle would be determined by speed and strat more than might. I give the edge to Arthas in both speed and strat. Guld'an has never shown much "strat."

I would predict this battle would play out very differently each time it happened. Very circumstantial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    No boss so far managed to kill an entire party when successfully defeated.
    I really like this point.