Thread: Frostmourne

10+ Year Old Account

Frostmourne

Today topic is about the infamous Frostmourne. First of all I didn't play the death knight class hall artifact questline in Legion so please someone enlighten me if I missed something.

Do we actually know what kind of material the original sword made of? I mean all we know that the Nathrezim created it but do we actually get into specific what kind of material they used? do they explain that during the dk questline when you reforged the weapon?

Thanks for reading.

Frostmourne was supposedly crafted from the ice from the most distant corners of the Twisting Nether. Frostmourne was a part of the Frozen Throne, it was not forged by Nathrezim, it was created by the Lich King Ner'zhul.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Frostmourne was supposedly crafted from the ice from the most distant corners of the Twisting Nether. Frostmourne was a part of the Frozen Throne, it was not forged by Nathrezim, it was created by the Lich King Ner'zhul.
    When Ner'zhul was transformed into the Lich King by Kil'jaeden, his disembodied spirit was shackled to a magical suit of armor, as well as the runeblade Frostmourne, and trapped within an icy tomb called the Frozen Throne. Both the armor and the blade were crafted by the nathrezim[3] of the Burning Legion[4] for the purpose of containing and controlling the Lich King.[5]

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Manual_of_Monsters
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19886021/
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Yeah, i don't think that is correct.

Nathrezim made it. How would the lich king have made a blade and stuck it on a pilar with no body? Undead minions to move it actually.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2017-08-26 at 12:09 AM.

So was it retconned? Warcraft III stated that Frostmourne was crafted by Ner'zhul.

So was it retconned? Warcraft III stated that Frostmourne was crafted by Ner'zhul.
    I don't remember that ever being stated in WC3, but the arthas novel did say it was the Nathrezim.

1st mission of the Scourge, Tichondrius said that the runeblade Arthas has had been crafted by the Lich King in order to capture his soul.

1st mission of the Scourge, Tichondrius said that the runeblade Arthas has had been crafted by the Lich King in order to capture his soul.
    I dono't completely remember honestly, but from what I can find right now. The blade was a part of the armor set that Ner'zhul was attached too. It was in the ice when he got there, so it had to have already existed. By got there i mean when he was bound to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Frozen Throne was crafted from Twisting Nether ice. Nothing ever stated that Frostmourne was created from that ice. It's a plausible conclusion given the original WC3 lore, but Rise of the Lich King retconned the dialogue from WC3 about the Ner'zhul creating Frostmourne.
    vs.
    Tichondrius seemed not to notice. He pointed to Frostmourne. “The runeblade you carry was forged by my kind, long ago. The Lich King has empowered it to steal souls. Yours was the first one it claimed.”
    --Rise of the Lich King
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-08-26 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Frozen Throne was crafted from Twisting Nether ice. Nothing ever stated that Frostmourne was created from that ice. It's a plausible conclusion given the original WC3 lore, but Rise of the Horde retconned the dialogue from WC3 about the Ner'zhul creating Frostmourne.
    Tichondrius: The runeblade that you carry was forged by the Lich King and empowered to steal souls. Yours was the first one it claimed.
    vs.
    Tichondrius seemed not to notice. He pointed to Frostmourne. “The runeblade you carry was forged by my kind, long ago. The Lich King has empowered it to steal souls. Yours was the first one it claimed.”
    --Rise of the Horde
    Rise of the Lich King, not Rise of the Horde.