View Poll Results: Does serving in the military turn people racist?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • Yes

18 11.69%
  • No

136 88.31%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    So... Different doesn't mean, not equal?
    Correct

1 and 1 are the same, thus they are equal. 5 and 3 are not the same, thus they are not equal. 5 doesn't equal 3.
    no but 2+3 = 5 this isn't mathematical equation, not all parts that go inside an engine look the same do the same, or are the same size but they are equally important.

It certainly does. If some race is better at X, their value while doing X is higher. This is just... logic.
    This is a false presumption the only race you are is fucking human, your skin color is fucking irrelevant and tells us nothing more about your intelligence than you god damn eye color and NO it wouldn't fucking matter if you testing all the blue eyes and brown eyes people and established a difference and tried to apply that as well such colored eyes is superior.

This is bunk

That's right, but that contradicts everything you've said before.

I guess it's magic. *rollseyes*
    Yes because science looks behind why something is, not just that something is because of reasons. Otherwise it's faith.

You are right, but I didn't say anything about paranoia. I wonder how many white / Asian families would like to move to Detroit suburbs. My friend was mugged in Chicago by black gang members.
    Same reason anybody else with black skin that lives in the fucking neighborhood is robbed, Low I.Q limiting the ability to consider other options, lack of peers with the same issue, lower I.Q's from the top down who collect taxes and never drive or push to create more opportunities or invest in better education.

Trickle down stupidity, Red States Vs Blue States, and it isn't just black people putting those averages it's stupidity from top down and it's not just intellect that is a fucking choice, by some who should and do know better.

My other friend (he's black) got beaten up for being black in his trip through Europe. There are too many black gangs in USA anyway, I don't think I've heard of an Asian or white gang.
    Many exist and they operate differently based on their needs and access as well, I mean I bet they might find a need to steal a truck full of sun tan lotions where someone else might not see value in that. Of course race and situations amended to culture play a key, but not just BECAUSE.

If you are poor as shit, and I say this is how you got to live if you want to eat, doesn't change the fact that if you are hungry if you are starving guess what, you are going to eat regardless to the way I think you should.

Unless it's Yakuza or Sicilian mafia, but that's more sophisticated than some thugs and drug dealers. Ah, and white meth addicts are a thing too. You wouldn't want to live near them anyway.
    Same situation and Italians in Chicago during prohibition of alcohol sure as shit killed a fuck load of Italians and white people, and paid judges and police along with it. It's about surviving and thriving that isn't always pretty.

But somebody has to create such environment. Where will you go to find it? Africa or Europe? Northern America or Southern America? Where's your appropriate nutritional access in Zimbawbe? Well, there was, but since white farmers had their land taken away...
    Well different countries have a different set of circumstances, or do you think all of Europe is or was ever some cozy little place where people walked around feeling all swell and shit because they were white, or didn't get slaughtered had their ideas stolen, cultures destroyed by some other whites wrong or right, for whatever reason.

I think they would have a different idea of this monolithic thinking concerning their contributions

Michael Jordon is the greatest basketball player that has ever lived, guess what his son's suck! And his accomplishments doesn't lead to all black people getting a check. That isn't how any of that works.

Nothing better than when something great is achieved or created and someone else comes along and takes credit for shit they had nothing to do with. And some people want to bitch about Dunkirk movies.

But you said some races are better than others in some fields, yet here you imply I'm judging them only by their looks?
    You are because we are all one race, dogs are all the same fucking race, there are different dogs, but they are still all the same race.

Some are different yes, but that is as important as drawing distinctions from one person or another.

Royals, Pharaohs were inbreeding for a while, because of a lot of dip shit thinking along these lines. Guess what now they are all dead or look fucking goofy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    The US military is massively oversubsidized by the taxpayer and has yet to record an unambigous military success since Desert Storm.

Veterans receive extensive benefits.

Essentially it is a dead weight on the economy, justified on the basis of some kind weird quasi-spiritual veneration on the part of the public and a complete divorce from its actual usefulness.

Btw You don't understand what a beta male is. That would be you. Someone who gave up his free will and takes orders without question. You have to be an extremely passive, submissive man to do that.
    No. You arent looking it correctly at all. Veterans are getting what they are due. If they do get what they are rightfully due, they will TAKE it. There is no one to stop them.

And indeed YOU are the beta male, pounding away at a keyboard 40 lbs over ideal weight I would expect with either 1.) no GF 2.) or some beast of a creature that would pass for man in prior times with the hygiene to match.

No, I feel even worse for you now. But not so I bad I wont continue to enjoy my higher social status

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    This is a false presumption the only race you are is fucking human, your skin color is fucking irrelevant and tells us nothing more about your intelligence than you god damn eye color and NO it wouldn't fucking matter if you testing all the blue eyes and brown eyes people and established a difference and tried to apply that as well such colored eyes is superior.
    Blacks are genetically better at running than Asians or whites, 98% of Olympic runners are blacks. This is universally accepted.
    But somehow it's unimaginable that there is a difference in intelligence, even though every single statistic supports it.
    It goes both ways, even if truth hurts your precious feelings.

Having served in the military myself, I can't say I feel more racist than I already was. I might blame the military for a lot of things, but racism didn't make it onto my list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    No. You arent looking it correctly at all. Veterans are getting what they are due. If they do get what they are rightfully due, they will TAKE it. There is no one to stop them.

And indeed YOU are the beta male, pounding away at a keyboard 40 lbs over ideal weight I would expect with either 1.) no GF 2.) or some beast of a creature that would pass for man in prior times with the hygiene to match.

No, I feel even worse for you now. But not so I bad I wont continue to enjoy my higher social status

Cheers.
    Seems like someone struck a nerve .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post

Cheers.
    Sure GI Joe, I'll sure miss out on that mediocre pay you get whilst standing next to a contractor on ten times as much for doing the same work!

I'll sure miss out those hot and rarely clinically obese military wives who - ABSOLUTELY - never cheat on their men despite the extended periods when they are away from home. I'm sure you've NEVER felt the need to check the origin of your offspring and aren't remotely concerned I just brought that up. Despite the fact that happens a lot.

But revel in that high status GI JOE. You didn't become a sillicone valley millionaire or anything. No, you were a grunt! One who will remembered for generations as one of the valiant soldiers who won in Ira......who won in Afghan...oh...who did stuff! Yes, you GI Joe bravely avoided confrontation and called in airstrikes on hospitals from a safe distance!

But never mind you are a red-blooded, fist-pumping real man! One who unquestioningly takes orders from his superiors no matter what which in no way resembles the behaviour patterns of a homosexual gimp in a gangbang!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarshamy View Post
    Blacks are genetically better at running than Asians or whites, 98% of Olympic runners are blacks.
    Nope Black Olympic Runners have been better at running than Asians or Whites.

This is universally accepted.
    So is Islam what is your point?

But somehow it's unimaginable that there is a difference in intelligence, even though every single statistic supports it.
    It goes both ways, even if truth hurts your precious feelings.
    Because context fucking matters that's why, otherwise you wouldn't try to pawn that shit off without it and project that shit as clever because of your feelings.

It's line of horseshit generally feed to the dumbest fucking people who don't know any better.

Blacks test at a 15 or so deficit to whites on I.Q absolutely. Does that mean whites are smarter than Blacks absolutely not, and by no measure to anything else is that demonstrated, whether you are trying to assign that to the accomplishments of white people most of whom weren't white in the strictest sense you are fucking speaking of.

Most of whom come from vastly different European countries as well. You also can't tie that boat to poverty to economic standings because whether regionally or globally white are poor as shit, with or without a significant minority population.

Yes, I.Q specifically relates to cognitive ability, and what your potential could be NOT what it actually is.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

If police had been working security at the protest, would you be assuming the police were any more or less racist than those assigned other security details ?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    A Huffington post article has really got people thinking lately about how there is an apparent link between serving in the US military and turning into a radical racist. The author uses examples that seem to suggest that prolonged exposure to situations that provide 'cultural enrichment' actually makes a number of soldiers prejudiced against 'those different from them'.

I think that some people might disagree with this article, but I'll add a poll to see whether people support the idea put forward in this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000003
    no. and prejudice is when you judge someone before you have any experience with them.
    maybe soldiers come back with a better understanding of how shitty other cultures can be.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Nope Black Olympic Runners have been better at running than Asians or Whites.

So is Islam what is your point?

Because context fucking matters that's why, otherwise you wouldn't try to pawn that shit off without it and project that shit as clever because of your feelings.

It's line of horseshit generally feed to the dumbest fucking people who don't know any better.

Blacks test at a 15 or so deficit to whites on I.Q absolutely. Does that mean whites are smarter than Blacks absolutely not, and by no measure to anything else is that demonstrated, whether you are trying to assign that to the accomplishments of white people most of whom weren't white in the strictest sense you are fucking speaking of.

Most of whom come from vastly different European countries as well. You also can't tie that boat to poverty to economic standings because whether regionally or globally white are poor as shit, with or without a significant minority population.

Yes, I.Q specifically relates to cognitive ability, and what your potential could be NOT what it actually is.
    if black people were so smart why are their countries with black majority so shit? xD

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I served 3 years in the Army and some of those in our company were African Americans. We got along fine. You ether bring racism to the Army or you are not one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    if black people were so smart why are their countries with black majority so shit? xD
    They didn't develop the Gatling gun fast enough.

Show me one context that would explain blacks being overwhelmingly better runners than whites. We're talking about people who spend DECADES of their lives honing their skills. When you dedicate most of your life to become the best at something, and you still can't match a black guy, your reasoning falls flat on its face. It's genetics, deal with it.

Of course it's not just IQ. Asians and whites are far better at every possible intellectual task too. Math? Absolutely. Science, invention? Check.

OH BUT IT MUST BE POVERTY!
    Except Asians, who have lower living standards than Europeans or Americans are even better at math than whites and have higher measured IQ. I'd also love you try to explain this one too.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't develop the Gatling gun fast enough.
    Yeah, and they still haven't invented farming either. Zimbabwe went to shit in 3 years after they kicked out white farmers and now they have wide scale famine.
    Clearly intellectually equal to us.

Except Asians, who have lower living standards than Europeans or Americans
    We do? Why was I not made aware of this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    no. and prejudice is when you judge someone before you have any experience with them.
    maybe soldiers come back with a better understanding of how shitty other cultures can be.
    Did it occur to you that when people invade other countries then people living there have a good reason not to like them?

Top tip: people don't like being occupied.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and they still haven't invented farming either. Zimbabwe went to shit in 3 years after they kicked out white farmers and now they have wide scale famine.
    Clearly intellectually equal to us.
    Weren't you supposed to be proving you weren't a racist or something? Saying black people are intellectually inferior is kind of that y'know.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    We do? Why was I not made aware of this?
    The majority of China does have some shitty living standards. And they still end up being genetically smarter than whites.
    Of courser I wasn't only talking about South Korea and Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

Weren't you supposed to be proving you weren't a racist or something? Saying black people are intellectually inferior is kind of that y'know.
    Nah. I was merely trying to prove that what is called racism is very often just experience, observation or fact rather than baseless prejudice.
    Like it is a fact that blacks are intellectually inferior, as proven by every single scientific study.

- - - Updated - - -

Did it occur to you that when people invade other countries then people living there have a good reason not to like them?
    Top tip: people don't like being occupied.
    Can I apply the same thing and say that there is a good reason to not like muslims because people don't like being roadkilled, blown up, decapitated and burned alive?
    See, it's not racism, we have a good reason for it.

Deleted
    OH BUT IT MUST BE POVERTY!
    Except Asians, who have lower living standards than Europeans or Americans are even better at math than whites and have higher measured IQ. I'd also love you try to explain this one too.
    Actually the two do follow pretty close hand in hand, with some outliers of course.

Also as far as I am aware it is only really China (which magically also has a negative corruption rate, so yeah) Japan, Singapore and South Korea that beats or are equal with Europeans and Americans, and I don't think I need to mention that those nations tend to be pretty well off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Actually the two do follow pretty close hand in hand, with some outliers of course.

Also as far as I am aware it is only really China (which magically also has a negative corruption rate, so yeah) Japan, Singapore and South Korea that beats or are equal with Europeans and Americans, and I don't think I need to mention that those nations tend to be pretty well off.
    No, we have shitty living standards here. I struggle to even get food for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    How do you explain that black children adopted by rich white families and properly schooled have lower IQ than white children also adopted by rich white families?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...Adoption_Study

Adopted, with two white biological parents 101.5
    Adopted, with one white and one black biological parent 93.2
    Adopted, with two black biological parents 83.7

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I can't say you are wrong maybe that's possible, but I have seen no evidence for it. But it's generally always going to be with you, however what you do with it is up to you.

As I said you can be racist and hate someone of a different race and not make it other peoples problem. I would say by a wide margin most racist are pretty harmless.
    It is indeed something learned.

My high school experience made me into a rather straightforward racist. Most of the blacks there were your stereotypical gang-culture, pants-sagging, not giving a fuck about your education etc.

A few years later I questioned *why* that was the case, and while I now have a more nuanced understanding of the causes, I still recognize there are these abhorrent black subcultures common among young people.

If you would call that racist, I don't really care. But I know my understanding of the issue, and the economic correlation, is much greater than just "fuckin niggers."