Page 1 of 3
LastLast

FFXIV making me wana play WoW again

This is about two games so didnt know which forum it belonged too, stopped playing WoW once again as usual some months ago.. Insisted on not going back to it, I hadnt but then months later the urge to play MMO's grew so I invested into Final Fantasy XIV, been playing it around a month now and although I think its OK...... All it is actually doing is making me want to play WoW more and more.... I am trying not to cave in but its getting harder lol

Why don't you just return to WoW 7.3? The content patch will be released next week and brings a good chunk of new content. If you want to come back next week is the best time you could do so.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Because every time I play WoW it takes over me. Some reason with WoW and only WoW, when I play that I play nothing else and causes RL problems. Too addictive I suppose lol *Hand up I admit it*

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Because every time I play WoW it takes over me. Some reason with WoW and only WoW, when I play that I play nothing else and causes RL problems. Too addictive I suppose lol *Hand up I admit it*
    I think you just have addictive personality. Honestly, you should avoid all MMOs like hell.

Deleted
    I think it would be easier if you told us what about it is making you want to play wow more? That way maybe we can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think you just have addictive personality. Honestly, you should avoid all MMOs like hell.
    You probably arent wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I think it would be easier if you told us what about it is making you want to play wow more? That way maybe we can help.
    I think the fun social side, where you can log into a game and have that 'free' feel. Lots of people to talk too, I like the COOP type gameplay in dungeons playing with others too and then on the side where I feel like solo play, I like to lose myself doing quests but at the same time I can still talk to people. I really do think its the social aspect mostly, to me MMO's is the best type of game for this... more people have the same idea and like to talk ingame I suppose and I think when I do try other MMO's to get that fix (Trying to avoid WoW), such as FF this time... nothing quite feels like home because I have played WoW on and off for a decade now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe that is the best answer for me. Either accept fate and play wow, or dont play any MMO. Hmm !

Deleted
    You probably arent wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the fun social side, where you can log into a game and have that 'free' feel. Lots of people to talk too, I like the COOP type gameplay in dungeons playing with others too and then on the side where I feel like solo play, I like to lose myself doing quests but at the same time I can still talk to people. I really do think its the social aspect mostly, to me MMO's is the best type of game for this... more people have the same idea and like to talk ingame I suppose and I think when I do try other MMO's to get that fix (Trying to avoid WoW), such as FF this time... nothing quite feels like home because I have played WoW on and off for a decade now
    Makes sense. You have all the memories attached to wow. When I tried FFXIV first I was already a Final Fantasy fan with playtime put into every single player main series game (and a few others) so it carried me till I realised how much better it is as a game compared to wow. After that it was impossible to go back to wow. I tried. Multiple times. Of course since you have a problem with MMO addiction even that is a bad idea. You can't cure one addiction with another.

Was nodding my head reading all of that. So very true, especially the last statement

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Makes sense. You have all the memories attached to wow. When I tried FFXIV first I was already a Final Fantasy fan with playtime put into every single player main series game (and a few others) so it carried me till I realised how much better it is as a game compared to wow. After that it was impossible to go back to wow. I tried. Multiple times. Of course since you have a problem with MMO addiction even that is a bad idea. You can't cure one addiction with another.
    Whether FFXIV is a better game or not is very subjective. Not sure why you're saying it like it's a fact. I tried to play FFXIV and found a lot to dislike. Don't like the combat, don't like the gear system, etc. I liked the story a lot and some of the dungeon stuff was cool but that's about all I found interesting. I think both games have good and bad things about them but I find WoW to be a lot more engaging and fun.

As for you though OP, I think you should maybe see somebody about the addictive personality thing you've got going on here apparently. I'm not sure if that's what it is but it shouldn't stop you from playing a game you love. If you need help not playing 24/7 then see a therapist or whatever field pertains to this issue and take care of it. Can't let shit like this control you, makes life boring.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-08-26 at 10:02 AM.

He wasnt trying to say either is a better game, this discussion wasnt about that so dont turn it into that, he was simply saying why hes able to make FFXIV feel like home for him whilst I cannot. I understood exactly what he meant

Why not both?

I mean if the sub doesn't break your bank no harm in throwing it down for both.

Me personally I'm having a small break from 14 atm. Just not enough content in 4.0 to satisfy me. And no the content is not bad at all.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-26 at 10:27 AM.

Send a ticket saying you will delete your account and that account shoulder naver be recovered since you have a addition problem! Then procede to delete the account. Uninstale the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Send a ticket saying you will delete your account and that account shoulder naver be recovered since you have a addition problem! Then procede to delete the account. Uninstale the game.
    Can't delete accounts from Battle.net unless you send them proof that it is you. Such as photo ID. And it has to be sent personally.

I tried to delete one of my Scroll of Resurrection burner accounts from Cata and twice I was told I had to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I have sold many accounts in the past thinking I would never return to the game, time and time again I have done this and all I have done is repurchased the game and started over again.. so that doesnt really help me much

7+ Year Old Account
    This is about two games so didnt know which forum it belonged too, stopped playing WoW once again as usual some months ago.. Insisted on not going back to it, I hadnt but then months later the urge to play MMO's grew so I invested into Final Fantasy XIV, been playing it around a month now and although I think its OK...... All it is actually doing is making me want to play WoW more and more.... I am trying not to cave in but its getting harder lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why don't you just return to WoW 7.3? The content patch will be released next week and brings a good chunk of new content. If you want to come back next week is the best time you could do so.
    What this anime person wanted to say was, a small chunk of content Is released now, and the rest In the course of like.. what was It, 3 weeks? Or 4 even? So I'd wait like a month Ish and then sub again else you're wasting your money.

Blizzard has a hard on for time gating this expansion, only a few weeks ago was the Tomb of Sargeras' last boss opened In LFR and already the next patch Is up... that's kinda obsurd, because LFR Is now gated per 2 weeks instead of 1 weeks. Reason? Just to make you wait, I doubt they'd even try to explain It in any other way. Time gating time gating time gating. I'd wait man, but In reality I'd just say don't play WoW and stick to other MMOs, I hear FFIV Is doing pretty well, especially In terms of subs so much so to rival WoW even.

I hear It's around 2 mil for that game, whilst WoW struggles at around 2-4 mil at least that's what the most realistic estimate Is. WoW Is definitely not the top dog among MMOs anymore, so I'd just go out and try any MMO you like that does things better than WoW, and many of them do many things better than WoW.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Only you can find a solution for your addiction. I suggest making schedules and such, for how long you can play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can't delete accounts from Battle.net unless you send them proof that it is you. Such as photo ID. And it has to be sent personally.

I tried to delete one of my Scroll of Resurrection burner accounts from Cata and twice I was told I had to do that.
    That was implied when sending a ticket
    Send prof that you own the account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    What this anime person wanted to say was, a small chunk of content Is released now, and the rest In the course of like.. what was It, 3 weeks? Or 4 even? So I'd wait like a month Ish and then sub again else you're wasting your money.

Blizzard has a hard on for time gating this expansion, only a few weeks ago was the Tomb of Sargeras' last boss opened In LFR and already the next patch Is up... that's kinda obsurd, because LFR Is now gated per 2 weeks instead of 1 weeks. Reason? Just to make you wait, I doubt they'd even try to explain It in any other way. Time gating time gating time gating. I'd wait man, but In reality I'd just say don't play WoW and stick to other MMOs, I hear FFIV Is doing pretty well, especially In terms of subs so much so to rival WoW even.

I hear It's around 2 mil for that game, whilst WoW struggles at around 2-4 mil at least that's what the most realistic estimate Is. WoW Is definitely not the top dog among MMOs anymore, so I'd just go out and try any MMO you like that does things better than WoW, and many of them do many things better than WoW.
    Yep. Time gating was made to keep the addiction at bay. Players will grind their lives away regardless (we're weird like that). Droughts frustrated players, but time gates frustrate players too.

@DStrukt You're not the only addict. If it causes problems, you can always turn on the parental controls and limit your gameplay on Bnet

Deleted
    OP:

It's better to just do this:

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post

Neither has FFXIV 2 million subs nor WoW only 2-4 million. FFXIV is a good game but with other priorities than WoW. The combat system in FFXIV is awful and super slow (so that it works on consoles), the character progression is boring as hell. It has amazing graphics (even on consoles) and a very good soundtrack, a nice story (full of clichés) and a nice built world. FFXIV and WoW cater to different kinds of players. I played FFXIV for some time and tried to get back into but the gameplay drags it down a lot (for me).

Yes, time gating content in Legion is pretty bad but if OP didn't play he most likely didn't play 7.2(.5) as well which gives him enough content until 7.3(.5) is fully unlocked.

WoW the top dog... depending on what. Success? It's still by far the most successul MMORPG and will ever be. Is it the best MMORPG though? Nobody but you can decide this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again