Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You can always switch between FFXIV and WoW, noone is forcing you to play one of them specific, hell a lot of Blizzard staff have admitted that they play FFXIV and they show it on their Twitters aswell, and the lead developer of FFXIV (Yoshida) visited Blizzard a lot of times and they gave him some miniatures and other stuff

Both games are very successful and they marked themselves in history no matter what happens, completely deleting your WoW or Battle.net account is never a good idea (you will regret it hard later) and its extremely hard to do it in the first place if not impossible, you have to find other ways to reduce your addiction.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-08-26 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why not both?

I mean if the sub doesn't break your bank no harm in throwing it down for both.

Me personally I'm having a small break from 14 atm. Just not enough content in 4.0 to satisfy me. And no the content is not bad at all.
    lol op struggling with hes RL and you want him to play 2 MMO´S at same time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    You can always switch between FFXIV and WoW, noone is forcing you to play one of them specific, hell a lot of Blizzard staff have admitted that they play FFXIV and they show it on their Twitters aswell, and the lead developer of FFXIV (Yoshida) visited Blizzard a lot of times and they gave him some miniatures and other stuff

Both games are very successful and they marked themselves in history no matter what happens, completely deleting your WoW or Battle.net account is never a good idea (you will regret it hard later) and its extremely hard to do it in the first place if not impossible, you have to find other ways to reduce your addiction.
    Impossible to delete a Bnet account??? o.O
    I helped a friend to do that.
    After chatting with a GM we send a ticket with his id saying he had a problem with wow addiction and we would delete his account. Asking them not to recover that account in the future under any circustance. That did the trick! Oh adn a copy of his ID of course!

Deleted
    If your probem is addiction, FFXIV is worse as it takes longer/grindier to get things done.

WoW is very friendly to the casual player that doesn't want to invest much time but still wants to be up to date.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-08-26 at 11:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't cave. The game isn't worth it and even though the next patch is coming out soon it's going to be gated for a while.

Dammit man you gonna trigger the final fantasy people that hate wow and think its dying and think their final fantasy will overtake wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don't cave. The game isn't worth it and even though the next patch is coming out soon it's going to be gated for a while.
    Oh noes. It's gated for 2 weeks! End of the world!

You people sure like the dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    lol op struggling with hes RL and you want him to play 2 MMO´S at same time ?
    Will admit I should have read further.

All I can advise is play the one you enjoy the most but have some moderation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Way to blow it out of proportion. It's two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    -snip-
    Please stop posting false sub numbers of both games.

You have no idea that FF14 has 2 mil or any evidence that WoW has 2-4.

Stop pretending your poor speculation is a "realistic estimate".

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    This is about two games so didnt know which forum it belonged too, stopped playing WoW once again as usual some months ago.. Insisted on not going back to it, I hadnt but then months later the urge to play MMO's grew so I invested into Final Fantasy XIV, been playing it around a month now and although I think its OK...... All it is actually doing is making me want to play WoW more and more.... I am trying not to cave in but its getting harder lol
    Go ahead and cave in, nothing will make you want to play WoW less than WoW itself. You just gotta be reminded of how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Impossible to delete a Bnet account??? o.O
    I helped a friend to do that.
    After chatting with a GM we send a ticket with his id saying he had a problem with wow addiction and we would delete his account. Asking them not to recover that account in the future under any circustance. That did the trick! Oh adn a copy of his ID of course!
    Well I had to actually mail them it to get rid of my SoR burner account that I used to get a free 80 back in Cata.

Who knows maybe it's changed a bit today to be more lenient?

Because every time I play WoW it takes over me. Some reason with WoW and only WoW, when I play that I play nothing else and causes RL problems. Too addictive I suppose lol *Hand up I admit it*
    You need to set reasonable terms for when and for how long you can play. It's hard to police yourself it you log on any time.

Say like I can only play for an hour or two a day from x time to x time and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Dammit man you gonna trigger the final fantasy people that hate wow and think its dying and think their final fantasy will overtake wow.
    I couldn't give a rats ass if one overtakes the other. If I can play an MMO with people and get shit done reasonably then I'm happy. Which for me in WoW atm is LFR and Normal raiding.

They are both amazing MMOs imo. And both could learn a lot from each other.

Best answer is just stop playing

Best answer is just stop playing
    I kind of disagree. Best answer is try and manage your time. Force yourself to manage your time if you have to.

As for picking between the two games only one person here can decide that mate. You.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    What this anime person wanted to say was, a small chunk of content Is released now, and the rest In the course of like.. what was It, 3 weeks? Or 4 even? So I'd wait like a month Ish and then sub again else you're wasting your money.

Blizzard has a hard on for time gating this expansion, only a few weeks ago was the Tomb of Sargeras' last boss opened In LFR and already the next patch Is up... that's kinda obsurd, because LFR Is now gated per 2 weeks instead of 1 weeks. Reason? Just to make you wait, I doubt they'd even try to explain It in any other way. Time gating time gating time gating. I'd wait man, but In reality I'd just say don't play WoW and stick to other MMOs, I hear FFIV Is doing pretty well, especially In terms of subs so much so to rival WoW even.

I hear It's around 2 mil for that game, whilst WoW struggles at around 2-4 mil at least that's what the most realistic estimate Is. WoW Is definitely not the top dog among MMOs anymore, so I'd just go out and try any MMO you like that does things better than WoW, and many of them do many things better than WoW.
    This is a very poor example of "time gating". You act like just because you can't click a button that automatically puts you in a group with other people, they're gating content which isn't the case at all. That's the downside of LFR. It's not at your own pace. The content is not gated though, you're more then able to kill KJ and any boss at any time. Just because YOU choose to take the game as casual doesn't mean it's "gated content".

Deleted
    Oh... I've came across a few people who sell their accounts then either make a new one or buy someone else's account and then after a few months try to sell that one aswell. I don't know, I don't think you should play the game unless you can handle it :S I would never ever sell my account. Jesus. But I also have no trouble not playing for a few weeks.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because every time I play WoW it takes over me. Some reason with WoW and only WoW, when I play that I play nothing else and causes RL problems. Too addictive I suppose lol *Hand up I admit it*
    You just need a gf/bf, a job and studies.

Those 3 will keep you away.

I used to play 6/8 hours average, meaning some days would hit well over 12 hours... Now I just can´t play, and trust me, I´d love to.. this is the best expansion since WotLK and BC imo.

Maybe you should seek some help because that's addiction.

(not trying to sound like I ass, I totally understand)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I played ffxiv for a month cap lvl of course and the end game has less content than wod and that says a lot.
    Be Free! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I think between WoW and FFXIV, one of the games won't work out for you long term.

Because if you fully enjoy the combat system of one game, the other will feel lacking.
    Some people like WoW better because it's faster paced. Some people prefer FFXIV for that very reason.
    Some people like FFXIV better because it has flashy animations. Some people hate how flashy they are.
    The story is a high point in FFXIV, yet some love it and some hate it.
    It's very subjective.

For me, it didn't work out:
    1 - The Story has lots of potential but poor writing.
    Too many cute/silly moments breaking any mood the story was trying to set 5 seconds ago.
    Inconsistent character behavior such as being called the chosen one while simultaneously being an errand boy/girl.
    NPCs fail to deliver the idea that they are busy in any way and always appear just in time to make you feel like a rookie.
    2 - FFXIV has amazing ideas in it, but then falls back into the WoW-clone category where it really matters - the crafting system blew me away, but all you use it for ultimately is food, melding and repairs - you get all gear from bosses/tokens like every other game.
    3 - Build diversity is almost unexistant, which I hope gets fixed eventually.
    4 - Combat in general has been getting better since launch but I still consider it inferior to WoW in various ways (in particular it feels extremely homogenized between different classes, with the buff, debuff & 1-2-3 combos abuse).

An MMO is a game that you play long term.
    I get the feeling you are playing FFXIV as a single player game rather than an MMO, not really interested in investing long term - which may be the healthier choice for you right now.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-08-26 at 04:05 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?