Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Donald Trumps german ancestors got by this name.
    Gotcha, I did not know that. I don't study all things Trump though. That is from four generations ago. Sometime in the 1800's or so. Neither, Donald Trump III, Donald Trump Jr, Donald Trump Sr or Fred Trump ever had that name. It is been somewhere in the neighborhood of 130+ years or so since someone in his family has had that name.
    Why would a person refer to someone's family name from four generations and 130+ years ago?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    This is a really great way to get Trump re-elected.
    No electoral vote majority, throw the election to the House.
    I don't see it happening either.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Gotcha, I did not know that. I don't study all things Trump though. That is from four generations ago. Sometime in the 1800's or so. Neither, Donald Trump III, Donald Trump Jr, Donald Trump Sr or Fred Trump ever had that name. It is been somewhere in the neighborhood of 130+ years or so since someone in his family has had that name.
    Why would a person refer to someone's family name from four generations and 130+ years ago?
    Because that is their family name, and it's particularly relevant to point out their spotty immigration status given his virulent opposition to immigration.

Without running on either the R or D ticket, they have zero chance. All this will do is take away votes from R and D realistically, most likely just D given Rs are good at biting the bullet and just voting for their party no matter what.

I personally never liked Kasich but that's for more personal reason (I was part of the budget cuts that costs me my job and it took me a year to get a new jobs during the point of high unemployment in the state). Right now Kasich, and honestly most of the other Republicans from Ohio, are still acting like real Republicans instead of this freedom caucus bs you see taking over. We need two parties and at-least Kasich is reasonable and can actually deal/work with the opposition.

The only issue with Kasich is something the public will never see (and supposedly hes gotten a lot better about this over the past 7 years) is the man has a very aggressive temper. We used to have a certain account with maintenance of furnishing of the building where all the state senators/governor worked we dubbed the "Kasich Therapy Account". The man outright broke an executive chair in the governors executive board room once and, while it was all low cost requests, we had many requisitions to go up and repair furnishings that he damaged during his outbursts.
    Last edited by akris15; 2017-08-26 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    I'm sorry, I know it's unfair, but I am never going to be able to take someone with a name like Hickenlooper seriously.
    Which is exactly why a lot of wealthy and famous politicians change their names.

Apparently this guy missed the bus.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    American politics is petty, that name is an automatic disqualifier

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Which is exactly why a lot of wealthy and famous politicians change their names.

Apparently this guy missed the bus.
    were are his ancestors from ? Hickenlooper sounds german, but probably a transformed name like Drumpf --> Trump.

Interesting idea. If it grabs the center-right vote, it would be curtains for Trump, Ross Perot style. Not that I think Trump will get to 2020.

The problem right now is that the Democrats have burned through 7 precious months trying to build their bench, with little to show for it. But realistically, it's going to take years to rebuild what Obama so recklessly pillaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Because that is their family name, and it's particularly relevant to point out their spotty immigration status given his virulent opposition to immigration.
    I don't think he opposes immigration per se. He just opposes illegal immigration. I would hope most people would oppose criminal actions?

I don't think he opposes immigration per se. He just opposes illegal immigration. I would hope most people would oppose criminal actions?
    http://www.npr.org/2017/08/02/541104...al-immigration
    President Trump unveiled controversial legislation on Wednesday that would sharply curtail legal immigration to the United States.

The president met at the White House with two Republican senators pushing the legislation, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and David Perdue of Georgia.

One of Trump's campaign promises was to reduce immigration, illegal and legal. The Cotton-Perdue legislation, also known as the RAISE Act (for Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy), would cut by half the number of legal immigrants accepted into the U.S. each year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly because it's a funny name.

It's not nearly as dumb as the people who come on here and refer to Obama as "Barry Hussein", since you know, he was born with that name before Saddam Hussein being a dicklord was even a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    How can you expect Allybeboba to possibly know this? He was only reading communist leftie news sites like CNN and NPR when he was trying to prove to himself (and everyone else) that he was an independent and not just some right wing hack claiming to be independent.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Mostly because it's a funny name.

It's not nearly as dumb as the people who come on here and refer to Obama as "Barry Hussein", since you know, he was born with that name before Saddam Hussein being a dicklord was even a thing.
    Hussein is actually Obama's real name. And Drumpf hasn't been Trump's in 130+ years.
    Either way, calling people names is quite immature. I am sure we can agree on that.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Yeah. This is mostly horseshit, and here's why.

First, there has been a discussion on and off about illegal immigration since the early 2000s. The Republican side of that debate had two big "spikes" that provoked the exact same response, under entirely different circumstances.

After the 2004 election, Karl Rove plotted to transform the Republican Party into a "Big Tent" party. Illegal immigration was continuing to grow at that time, but Karl Rove made a larger point that still holds true: Demographics is destiny, and unless Republicans reach out to Latinos, they're screwed in the long term. Latino out reach was at the very center of his Big Tent approach.

The nativists on the right pushed their first response at that point. Rove was talking about Latinos. The Natvists took that and made it synonymous with illegal Mexican immigrants. Karl Rove was saying something essential to the future of the Republican Party: we must diversify. That was weaponized by it's opponents into something specifically to stop that.

The second, and far more vicious wave, came about a year before the 2012 election and accelerated after. Now the situation had changed: illegal immigration had fallen and the illegal immigrant population was declining. However the 2012 election was projected to have the largest turnout of Latinos in American history up to that point. Centrist Republicans, recognizing the shared principles of family, work and religion wanted to make a decivie outreach to them. Nativist forces again, pushed back with "illegal immigration". When the forward thinking leaders of the party wanted Latinos in our camp, as a matter of principle and politics, White Nativists doubled down on something tangentially related to lump all Latinos in that camp of illegal immigrants.

This was truly accelerated after the 2012 election. Reince Preibus wrote the 2012 Post-Mortem that had one message yet again: Demographics is destiny and we must diversify by reaching out to urban areas, blacks and especially Hispanics, who will turn out in record numbers next election too. Able to pin the 2012 loss on Romney, the Natvist Republicans pushed harder, and "illegal immigration", despite falling to multi-decade lows, was again, their central agenda. The 2012 post-Mortem was basically ignored despite being completely correct in basically everything. The Republicans went even further right and brought in the alt-right. As far as a "tech surge"... it didn't happen. The Republican Party is still a bunch of luddites, only bailed out by Jared Kuschner's own operation for Trump.

The goal of course, is to try and drive up rural White support and keep Latinos out, because that's what those Nativist Republicans know and win with, and the second the party starts bringing in Latinos and Urban voters, those rural Natvists lose power, clout and eventually, their hold over the party.

Concern about illegal immigration, given the data on it's rate and economic impact, is utter nonsense. It's like treaty a mild case of chronic psoriasis as Skin Cancer. The reason that Republicans, particularly on the hard right emphasis is, is to preserve their own privileges within the party, by keeping it mostly White and mostly suburban and rural.

More to the point, the data is clear. America is facing a worker shortage that is going to get worse in decades ahead. Far from robots taking all our jobs, there will be negative economic impacts from there being too many jobs and too few skilled workers. And on top of that, we will have a larger retired population that lives longer, requiring an even larger base of working tax payers to pay into their entitlement programs.

If the United States were to think in purely economic and budgetary terms, we should basically throw our doors open and say "come on in and set up show here... work hard and pay taxes". There would basically be no quotas to immigration, from anywhere. A few million people a year would be a blessing. All these illegal immigrants? They would be legitimized over night, and we'd ask for more. From everywhere. Why? Because the nation work force will need bodies, and the budget will need taxpayers.

So from every angle, the entire illegal immigration argument is nonsense. Politically, in terms of internal Republican politics, it's a dog whistle for keeping the party white and rural. Nationally, it presumes that America's internal population growth will be able to keep up with both our employment requirements and our entitlement budgetary requires, which they empirically will not.

You call yourself a conservative. I don't think you are remotely. I think you're another Trumpkin who labels himself as such because you're so politically immature and binary about being anti-liberal, you think the only option is to be 'conservative'. But what are you about? Blood and soil nationalism? Or keeping America an efficient, effective economic juggernaut that maximizes the well-being and opportunities for her people. Because the two goals are in direct composition. America can keep a lid on immigration (of any type), it can keep it's economic books somewhat decent looking through the 21st century. It cannot do both.

Trumpkin sounds like a dessert cake. Speaking of immature. It it quite immature to call people names. Wouldn't you agree?
    Feel free to find where I have called myself a conservative or a Trump supporter.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-08-26 at 11:20 PM.

Trumpkin sounds like a dessert cake. Speaking of immature. It it quite immature to call people names. Wouldn't you agree?
    Feel free to find where I have called myself a conservative or a Trump supporter.
    I would say that it's more immature to latch onto any perceived slight as a way to dodge the actual points being made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

That's not a response. That's a bubble-hearth. But then again, I anticipated you had absolutely zero sincerity in your posting position.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    I personally never liked Kasich but that's for more personal reason (I was part of the budget cuts that costs me my job and it took me a year to get a new jobs during the point of high unemployment in the state). Right now Kasich, and honestly most of the other Republicans from Ohio, are still acting like real Republicans instead of this freedom caucus bs you see taking over. We need two parties and at-least Kasich is reasonable and can actually deal/work with the opposition.

The only issue with Kasich is something the public will never see (and supposedly hes gotten a lot better about this over the past 7 years) is the man has a very aggressive temper. We used to have a certain account with maintenance of furnishing of the building where all the state senators/governor worked we dubbed the "Kasich Therapy Account". The man outright broke an executive chair in the governors executive board room once and, while it was all low cost requests, we had many requisitions to go up and repair furnishings that he damaged during his outbursts.
    Naw his anger is pretty transparent. He gets super annoyed to the brink of it in almost every interview I have seen. Not to mention he is not for the working man with his anti Union stances and is definitely anti woman. Just need to do a quick google search of his run as Governor.

No idea what a hickupwhooper is - but out of all the candidates, John Kasick is the ONE guy (possibly the ONLY guy) whom I actually respected durring the primary. I can disagree with his views and still be willing to call him a leader because, for him, the issues aren't "moral-based" and he doesn't plead to emotional pandering. He's just a straight-up, straight-laced issues guy. It's not about pandering to feels and he DEFINETLY doesn't pander to fear! Quite the opposite! He's the one guy who reaches over the isle and works with people.

Now... yes, this is all too early to speculate - but I WILL say this: If by some miracle Deplorable Dumbass Dumb-Dumb Donnie Jackhole Dump manages to last out the four years, come hell or high water he will NOT abdicate his throne in 2020! Knowing that dumbass, he'd think it's a sign he's invincible if he made it that far (and I could almost agree, given how these past 6+ months have been >_<) - and he would definetly shoot all of them down and lie about all those "republicans" who want to try to replace him.

- - - Updated - - -

Read my sig, and realize why you saying that is hypocritical. (Let me handle this one @Skroe)

In short - I now fully use childish names purely because your Dumbass Deplorable God-King uses childish names. Your leader brought this upon your country, and you said "I agree, his childish namecalling is EXACTLY what I want in a president!" by your voting for him.

Until the day your Dumbfuck Dipshit Don-don gets his ass out and RESPECTABLE AND MATURE people get back in and bring this whole chicken-shit puppet show to a close, I'm going to continue using these infantile slurs out of pure mockery of what you WILLINGLY ALLOWED TO HAPPEN and bring into politics, what you call others out as "infantile" but yet you fully (and hypocritically) allow, and even hail as a virtue, that very same infantile quality displayed every other day by your god-king.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-08-26 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You call yourself a conservative. I don't think you are remotely. I think you're another Trumpkin who labels himself as such because you're so politically immature and binary about being anti-liberal, you think the only option is to be 'conservative'. But what are you about? Blood and soil nationalism? Or keeping America an efficient, effective economic juggernaut that maximizes the well-being and opportunities for her people. Because the two goals are in direct composition. America can keep a lid on immigration (of any type), it can keep it's economic books somewhat decent looking through the 21st century. It cannot do both.
    Pretty sure beboba refers to themselves as woke, not conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    \

After the 2004 election, Karl Rove plotted to transform the Republican Party into a "Big Tent" party. Illegal immigration was continuing to grow at that time, but Karl Rove made a larger point that still holds true: Demographics is destiny, and unless Republicans reach out to Latinos, they're screwed in the long term. Latino out reach was at the very center of his Big Tent approach.
    Hell, in 2012 the GOP was adopting platform policies. To reach out to Latinos, someone in the party from Colorado, or maybe it was in Colorado, proposed printing distributable material in both English and Spanish. The proposal, when voted down, received a very loud and voracious applause and cheering from the GOP voters in attendance.